Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Well reanimating corpses is a little different than making a clone from a genetic sample which is what they seem to be doing because theoretically the souls would be drawn to the corpse. With a clone then there is the possibility of multiple existing at the same time and of a new soul being created during the cloning procedures. Though you can’t really say that you don’t believe in souls because whether you like it or not they exist in the mainstream Marvel Universe. If they didn’t you could also argue that Ben Reilly could be the real Peter Parker if the former only became conscious after the latter dies.
    Except that Doctor Strange recently confirmed that clones can maintain their original soul if done specifically (Kurt Connor's son).

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    1) Not everyone agrees with that, Logan thinks it's a bad idea.

2) It is the best possible alternative. What is the other? You can lock them in human prisons so that they are experimented and end up escaping with more hatred towards the humans. You can leave them loose causing harm to humans. You can execute them. Or you can try to get them back into society.
    And Gambit doesn't trust in Apocalypse. Although is still a tad too littlw in my opinion. Most of the X-Men should be revolted by most of the frankly

Personally i would support execution, for most of then anyway or at least doing what they did to Sabretooth.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    And Gambit doesn't trust in Apocalypse. Although is still a tad too littlw in my opinion. Most of the X-Men should be revolted by most of the frankly

Personally i would support execution, for most of then anyway or at least doing what they did to Sabretooth.
    Ok, more or less we all know which have the possibility of redemption (Exodus, Toad) and which do not (Selene, Sinister) but the problem is to make a difference in the comic.

And then, there is how you execute them. What's the plan? Send X-Force around the world killing all the evil mutants who oppose Krakoa? How do you avoid crossing the line between an evil mutant that opposes Krakoa and a mutant that opposes Krakoa?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

wasn't this already discussed in the HoX/PoX discussion thread?
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Ok, more or less we all know which have the possibility of redemption (Exodus, Toad) and which do not (Selene, Sinister) but the problem is to make a difference in the comic.

And then, there is how you execute them. What's the plan? Send X-Force around the world killing all the evil mutants who oppose Krakoa? How do you avoid crossing the line between an evil mutant that opposes Krakoa and a mutant that opposes Krakoa?
    I thini that the X-Men had enough expirience with then to make a distinction, or are you going to tell me that any of the X-Men think that Sinister has any sort of goodness inside of him, i seriously doubt it. For another side, i think that Xavier and Magneto are trying to give everyone an equal chance, so in the case of one of then betraying then they can say that they were fair and gave then a genuine opportunity and they blow it by thenselves.
    Last edited by TheCape; 10-26-2019 at 08:36 AM.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

wasn't this already discussed ad nauseum in the various HoX/PoX discussion threads?
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Except that Doctor Strange recently confirmed that clones can maintain their original soul if done specifically (Kurt Connor's son).
    What issue was that?
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

They are acting like themselves, the only difference is that they no longer have the maturity of eleven-year-old children who fight for any nonsense.
    wow, bingo.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Nah, this series is selling too well. The days of ineffectual vigilantism and playing baseball in Westchester are over. The X-Men are shrewd supremacists and their chief concern is for mutants. The way it should be.
    Seems like people like extremism. Sad day

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I thini that the X-Men had enough expirience with then to make a distinction, or are you going to tell me that any of the X-Men think that Sinister has any sort of goodness inside of him, i seriously doubt it. For another side, i think that Xavier and Magneto are trying to give everyone an equal chance, so in the case of one of then betraying then they can say that they were fair and gave then a genuine opportunity and they blow it by thenselves.
    Sinister already betrayed x-men on life 9. let's see what sinister has coking for this timeline
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-26-2019 at 08:52 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Examples?
    "Man should know when to run or beg for unearned mercy," "Humans, is there any good in them?" "The only gods here stand before you child," "A little humanity to go with her excess of humanity," "Tell us how you defeated the humans!"

BANNED

It is worrying that at the moment when a minority begins to show pride, people start to be afraid of "both sides"
    I want them to show pride; I want them to loud and proud of who they are, I want them to be able to celebrate and live in safety...but I don't want them to become Magneto or Apocalypse and sacrifice the compassionate values they always displayed.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Ask yourself if you think Hickman wants to tell a story about clones instead of the real X-Men/mutants.

Then continue once you have that answer.
    /THREAD

lol

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    What issue was that?
    In Amazing Spider-man, in Hunted, I don't remember the exact comic. Strange makes a mystical analysis of Curt's son and confirms that he has the soul of the former. All those resurrected by the new method of Ben Reilly retain their soul, even if it is done by cloning.

Really, the Marvel Universe is very flexible with the theme of souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    50-50. They are both clones and resurrections. You think Marvel will repeat the mistakes of the clone saga after getting burned with that storyline? I don't think so. So yeah they are legitimate unless Sinister has replaced some with his clones containing the legacy virus for kicks.
    Didn’t Marvel just blur those lines again recently with Clone Conspiracy?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

It's complete non-sense to claim they're not the real deal. First of all, LITERALLY every Marvel hero has died at least once, and most multiple times. Hickman himself killed nearly everyone in Secret Wars. Second, everyone that teleports has to have his molecules re-arranged at the next location. By that way of thinking, Nightcrawler or Magik stop being themselves every time they use their powers, as well as everyone they carry around.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Ask yourself if you think Hickman wants to tell a story about clones instead of the real X-Men/mutants.

Then continue once you have that answer.
    Also this.