Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    The formation of this team just seems flawed like why is Polaris there (put the whole vote aside for a second) if Jean is there who does pretty much what she can do but better plus extra, & Rogue has no purpose when Synch does what she can do maxed to a thousand it's so uninspired.
    They are two components of making every team the in world story and out of (real) world reasons. I don't care to overthink it. They put together a team that can sell books as the flagship.

Rogue is versatile enough to exist with Synch and visa versa. Heck I am excited to see Synch used as tracker his aura gives him the ability to find superhumans and beware if they are trying to sneak up on them. If more creative applications like that appear because they are trying to be different I will be happy.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 04-17-2021 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    They are two components of making every team the in world story and out of (real) world reasons. I don't care to overthink it. They put together a team that can sell books as the flagship.

Rogue is versatile enough to exist with Synch and visa versa. Heck I am excited to see Synch used as tracker his aura gives him the ability to find superhumans and beware if they are trying to sneak up on them. If more creative applications like that appear because they are trying to be different I will be happy.
    Definitely in favor of the aura being used as creatively as possible. I also hope at some point we get to where Ev gets to store those powers on a permanent basis as well.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Unpopular, personal opinion: I never really cared for the way Bachalo and others illustrated his synch aura, in Gen-X.

Yes, it was the 90's so it was bold and showy and a bit "too much and overdone" given the colour techniques and applications that were popular, but...I actually prefer how Gho painted it in XM 18 and 19 (though it was so subtle I actually missed it at first) and even better on the Larraz XM #01 promo art. It's there, but does not overwhelm/obscure the space around him.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Unpopular, personal opinion: I never really cared for the way Bachalo and others illustrated his synch aura, in Gen-X.

Yes, it was the 90's so it was bold and showy and a bit "too much and overdone" given the colour techniques and applications that were popular, but...I actually prefer how Gho painted it in XM 18 and 19 (though it was so subtle I actually missed it at first) and even better on the Larraz XM #01 promo art. It's there, but does not overwhelm/obscure the space around him.
    I loved the aura but i get what you are saying in regards to it. The Larraz cover seems to be that sweet spot for the aura no matter what side one falls on the aura debate, and I do like it but I would prefer the 90's look for the aura.

I feel the same way. Even in the picture i drew i was like uuuuhhh. If i'm honest it feels like a way to feminize the character. I like how Pepe did it as an extension of the powers he is using rather than being followed by a rainbow.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Technically speaking...as it's a rainbow effect..it could be construed today as a way to "gay-up" the character, rather than feminise him.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Technically speaking...as it's a rainbow effect..it could be construed today as a way to "gay-up" the character, rather than feminise him.
    There are very masculine gay people. I use the term feminize because for the time if you saw this kid out there and the power he has and then this rainbow is flying around trailing him. I just see a character who could have been taken seriously by the villian in front of him now being called rainbow bright. So for me looking at it from a purely visual point i think it was purposefully put there to "soften" him and make him "more approachable"
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

At the time...as a fully self-realised gay man...I never saw it as anything but an interesting uncommon, power signature/visual. The character himself was never illustrated as "soft" so I never made that link.

I admit though...if used, the "Rainbow Brite" comment would have been hilarisome. LOL

Mighty Member

I never either liked or disliked the aura.. I just figured it was introduced in gen x because it was skewed toward teens.. Ev did not have it when he debuted initially so I figured it was suppose to be an welcoming aesthetic I am ok with how its been done in most recent books. I am more curious of him finally being able to push himself power wise.. He has increased in power since his first resurrection. I assume the second one also boosted him and he has all of that life experience added so he really is about to be a powerhouse. I just pray tha they dont waste all their energy on him thinking about his situationship with Laura. I dont care about it nor do I need that to be his focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Laura is only there to be a device for a romance.
    Debbie downer

I like the aura, there are only so many ways to depict power signatures and Ev's is unique. I don't need it to look as exaggerated as it did in the 90s but the more subtle version in X-Men was so faint I almost missed it, so hopefully more vibrant than that at least, going forward.

I would like to see synch have some hair. Is his mutation mean that he's permanently bald. I do like the facial hair on him.

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    Debbie downer

Did I lie?

Quote Originally Posted by rdman View Post
    I would like to see synch have some hair. Is his mutation mean that he's permanently bald. I do like the facial hair on him.
    Nah that's just his style lol
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    I never either liked or disliked the aura.. I just figured it was introduced in gen x because it was skewed toward teens.. Ev did not have it when he debuted initially so I figured it was suppose to be an welcoming aesthetic I am ok with how its been done in most recent books. I am more curious of him finally being able to push himself power wise.. He has increased in power since his first resurrection. I assume the second one also boosted him and he has all of that life experience added so he really is about to be a powerhouse. I just pray tha they dont waste all their energy on him thinking about his situationship with Laura. I dont care about it nor do I need that to be his focus.
    Hell yeah! If they want to be subtle with any rekindled romantic undertones I'm cool with it. PLEASE....!!!! Don't make him into a simp. That's all I ask. I almost forgot that in the Phalanx Covent he didn't have the rainbow played up.