Page 8 of 85 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

No sign of Sue and Ralph ever having lived on the Watchtower in Rebirth I believe.

What was seen can not be unseen. Doctor Light is forever tainted for me.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Reason #1 why I REFUSE to read Identity Crisis - it spoils so many characters and stories.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Some people outside this forum felt Terra and Rose had a thing based on that brief interaction ....did anybody here get that vibe?

Also, does anybody have any theories for how the Willow thing will intertwine and relate to Deathstroke and Defiance.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 08-02-2017 at 10:23 PM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Thing? I think they have a relationship. I don't think it's romantic, if that answers the question?

As for the Willow thing - the discovery that it's Hmong related means that it's likely through either Rose or Hosun.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Thing? I think they have a relationship. I don't think it's romantic, if that answers the question?

As for the Willow thing - the discovery that it's Hmong related means that it's likely through either Rose or Hosun.
    Yes there was a couple of people viewing it in a romantic sense, but I didn't see it like that so I wanted to make I'm not going crazy.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Yes there was a couple of people viewing it in a romantic sense, but I didn't see it like that so I wanted to make I'm not going crazy.
    I mean, I generally don't ship unless the two characters are really, really explicitly into each other, but I think that Terra/Rose is kind of a stretch.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, I don't think they were ever together. Terra probably just wanted to be raunchy and joke around.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Some people outside this forum felt Terra and Rose had a thing based on that brief interaction ....did anybody here get that vibe?
    I didn't. I think she was literally just poking fun at Rose to get under her skin. I mean, Rose was a member of the Titans and she's Deathstroke's daughter. She knows who Terra is. Terra had an affair with her father for crying out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    I didn't. I think she was literally just poking fun at Rose to get under her skin. I mean, Rose was a member of the Titans and she's Deathstroke's daughter. She knows who Terra is. Terra had an affair with her father for crying out loud.
    Welllllll, I don't think we KNOW this Terra had an affair with Slade.

We just had an event that displaces Judas Contract. Doesn't involve Terra and given that Nightwing's agreement was secret, cuts out Rose's ties with the Titans as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    We just had an event that displaces Judas Contract. Doesn't involve Terra and given that Nightwing's agreement was secret, cuts out Rose's ties with the Titans as well.
    No, Rose's ties with Nightwing at least are still intact, based on the early scenes of Rose sparring with Nightwing, even referencing her knowing him when he was Robin.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    LC didn't displace JC. It wasn't a retelling. From all of the interviews I read, it was basically just supposed to be a spiritual sequel to that story but ended up having no ties to the original whatsoever. Priest said he wanted to explore Slade's past affair with Terra during that event but that that part was axed. So he's probably using the current arc to do it instead.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 08-03-2017 at 12:03 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Welllllll, I don't think we KNOW this Terra had an affair with Slade.
    Priest seems to be completely ignoring the New 52 and just assuming classic continuity is still relevant. Probably one of the reasons this book is as good as it is.

LC didn't displace JC. It wasn't a retelling. From all of the interviews I read, it was basically just supposed to be a spiritual sequel to that story but ended up having no ties to the original whatsoever. Priest said he wanted to explore Slade's past affair with Terra during that event but that that part was axed. So he's probably using the current arc to do it instead.
    I'm betting that Slade will have the affair in this arc. If it really were previous continuity, Terra would be dead, after all.

Priest seems to be completely ignoring the New 52 and just assuming classic continuity is still relevant. Probably one of the reasons this book is as good as it is.
    I think Priest is playing mix and match continuity, actually. He does seem to completely ignore n52 Deathstroke continuity - but having read the Higgins run, and a couple of the Liefield run, I don't think we're actually missing anything. But I don't think he's completely going with the Wolfman continuity either.