Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I thought this was a great issue. Maybe the best of the series so far. I loved the way it tied some things together and fleshed out the Monitor/Anti-Monitors further. Good stuff.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    I thought this was a great issue. Maybe the best of the series so far. I loved the way it tied some things together and fleshed out the Monitor/Anti-Monitors further. Good stuff.
    Having now read it, I agree and I like the way it recognises all the Crises (I'm also interested to see how Bendis will link to this in YOUNG JUSTICE). As a fan of thhe concept of the Multiverse I think this may be one of the best issues in a while and I like that it gives a relatively simplistic explanation for all the Crises

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Is this the current understanding of the Dawn of Time?

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Does anybody love the giant robot version of The Anti-Monitor from the Green Lantern TAS?

Watching with my kids now. Awesome.
    This is awesome, I gotta finish this series one day

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Yes...though what's going on on the right side of the panel? Lucifer being cast out of Heaven and falling into Hell?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Yes, but I think the hand holding the universe is Perpetua's now.

Astonishing Member

I've always sort of liked how the "Hand" is in flux, constantly a different hand. SHOCKER! Now it's Time Trapper's hand! Or SHOCKER! Now it's Doctor Manhattan!

I thought this was a cool issue of JL. Naming Over-Monitor Mar Novu certainly while not dealing explicitly with the details, gives us the lineage angle on the race of Monitor-Kind, the 52 Monitors who ... what, "sprung from" him? Or maybe after the Crisis times and the loss of the Monitor he was essentially "reborn 52 times" through a prism split because of something freaky deaky in the nature of Fifty-Two and Mister Mind's tampering. But anyway, the lineage comes into play because then Dax Novu (Mandrakk) is the first "splinter" of the Monitor, and then on down the line to Nix Uotan, who is sort of the "son of Dax Novu" and that makes old Monitor sort of his granddad. But I am curious if the Super-Judge will have a roll to play here in this conflict with his great uncles and his great-great-grandma. Now that we know that Crises and dying/exploding doesn't perma-kill these dudes, and that they get reborn in some cosmic sixth dimensional blind eternity, it stands to reason that the "Race of Monitors" are an example of the weirdest of Rebirths that Monitor ever had. And since it coincided with the rebirth of the Multiverse itself it seems apt that things went weird.

And like ... in that time ... Anti-Monitor resurfaced, too! And teamed up with Sinestro. So like, desperate times.

What else? Oh I'm intrigued by this big cosmic Source Bird. It's neat to see more origins of the Source Wall itself with its big old Promethean Giants. And the prospect that there's more beings out there like Perpetua herself.

Right on.
    Last edited by K. Jones; 04-21-2019 at 04:45 AM.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Yes...though what's going on on the right side of the panel? Lucifer being cast out of Heaven and falling into Hell?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Yup, the Dawn of Time, Destiny already being around to witness it, Lucifer's fall, and the creation of the Lords of Order & Chaos are all meant to occur at the beginning of everything. Perpetua and her three sons are the latest addition to this increasingly crowded period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Yes, but I think the hand holding the universe is Perpetua's now.
    I think the idea is that the identity behind the hand keeps changing. Snyder himself confirmed that Perpetua altered time with her manipulations, so in a sense, she retconned herself into being the creator of the Multiverse, which existed prior to her.

I have no idea how Hecate fits into all this. Justice League Dark established her and the Upside Down Man as primordial beings as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    This is awesome, I gotta finish this series one day
    The second "season" is much, much stronger than the first.

The second "season" is much, much stronger than the first.
    Although the first season is still pretty strong .

I have no idea how Hecate fits into all this. Justice League Dark established her and the Upside Down Man as primordial beings as well.
    My best guess is that Hecate and the Upside-Down Man are incarnation of primeval forces unleashed by the creation of the Universe; Which may imply that there should be a thrid one, because originally Hecate was from the Matter Multiiverse and the Upside-Down Man from the Dark-Matter Multiverse, which is leaving the Anti-Matter Multiverse without such a being, even if it's possible that it would be by design.

By the way... shouldn't the destruction of the Source Wall makes Mobius/Anti-Monitor Neutral now ? He has his purpose back, now that the wall is destroyed. He should take the field to fight against Perpetua's actions, now.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Although the first season is still pretty strong .
    For people who already fans of GL, yes, but, for those who aren't, the show takes a few episodes to really hit its stride.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    My best guess is that Hecate and the Upside-Down Man are incarnation of primeval forces unleashed by the creation of the Universe; Which may imply that there should be a thrid one, because originally Hecate was from the Matter Multiiverse and the Upside-Down Man from the Dark-Matter Multiverse, which is leaving the Anti-Matter Multiverse without such a being, even if it's possible that it would be by design.

By the way... shouldn't the destruction of the Source Wall makes Mobius/Anti-Monitor Neutral now ? He has his purpose back, now that the wall is destroyed. He should take the field to fight against Perpetua's actions, now.
    What was the Anti-Monitor's status quo at the end of Darkseid War? Did he just kill Darkseid, then leave for parts unknown?