Page 203 of 657 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205206207213253303 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,045 of 9846

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    O5 Twink Iceman should have stayed in the present.
    Why? Other than being younger, he was the same exact character as the older one with the same character arc. At least the other O5 had developed into different characters but the two Bobbys felt redundant. When they were here, I thought Bobby was the one that could have been killed off

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why? Other than being younger, he was the same exact character as the older one with the same character arc. At least the other O5 had developed into different characters but the two Bobbys felt redundant. When they were here, I thought Bobby was the one that could have been killed off
    Adult Bobby should’ve gone to the past.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I loved the time displaced O5.
    It was such a nice take on these characters, It showed how much have they changed since then (for good or bad), how different could they be if thing had gone on a different direction.
    of course it wasn't going to last and will be forgoten on a few years but it was nice while it lasted.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I loved the time displaced O5.
    It was such a nice take on these characters, It showed how much have they changed since then (for good or bad), how different could they be if thing had gone on a different direction.
    of course it wasn't going to last and will be forgoten on a few years but it was nice while it lasted.
    They really were the best, I miss them so much! (Never gonna let 'em be forgotten!)

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Chalres chose Scott because he was a sound tactical planner and a decent strategist. He didn't choose Jean because at the time Jean's powers were basically useless in the field (as were Charles's). It wasn't until they massively buffed TK and TP that Jean became the force in the field that she is now.
    Are you serious? Charles would solo the threat over and over again in the earliest X-Men stories. And Scott wasn't very keen in tactics or strategy at first. That developed over time. Whedon did explicitly state that Scott was chosen as leader because it would keep him invested and that he had no other options in life(unlike the other guys).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    They really were the best, I miss them so much! (Never gonna let 'em be forgotten!)
    Specially regarding Jean, Jeen was such a good study on Jean's character. On what some people think she is or isn't for her, for other character and the fans
    _________uyfuk.jpg
    ____________8v71jcxovjx21.jpg

BANNED

Specially regarding Jean, Jeen was such a good study on Jean's character. On what some people think she is or isn't for her, for other character and the fans
    _________uyfuk.jpg
    ____________8v71jcxovjx21.jpg
    Omg yes!! Definitely, 100% agree; in fact, Teen Jean's what actually finally lead me to start understanding her! Who she is, what she wants, what drives her; it felt like she had a definitive (and powerful) voice!

Unfortunately, I haven't seen that shine through since X-Men Red.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Oh, what the hell, I'll play.

Magneto just might be the most painfully predictable/overwritten/boring character, these days. I mean, the guy's such a senseless-tragedy-survivor-turned-egomaniacal-jerk-but-wants-to-have-his-cake-and-eat-it-too-love-him cliche it's practically impossible for writers to screw it up, lol. Oh well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post

Magneto just might be the most painfully predictable/overwritten/boring character, these days. I mean, the guy's such a senseless-tragedy-survivor-turned-egomaniacal-jerk-but-wants-to-have-his-cake-and-eat-it-too-love-him cliche it's practically impossible for writers to screw it up, lol. Oh well.
    I've just thought he's been sounding like a bit of an arsehole lately, tbh.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

I've just thought he's been sounding like a bit of an arsehole lately, tbh.
    How is the bolded part not the exact definition of just that?

BANNED

How is the bolded part not the exact definition of just that?
    Hahaha, fair enough!

Omg yes!! Definitely, 100% agree; in fact, Teen Jean's what actually finally lead me to start understanding her! Who she is, what she wants, what drives her; it felt like she had a definitive (and powerful) voice!

teen Jean really helped define the Jean character for better

After Paniccia got out Jean really lost importance

I liked that Jeen had all these expectations around her given her adult self legacy. Everybody was expecting her to do or act in a certain way, to be everybody friend, mom, lover, etc. All those things Jean was for so many people but this Jean wasn't yet any of that. She saw everything form a different point of view.

BANNED

I liked that Jeen had all these expectations around her given her adult self legacy. Everybody was expecting her to do or act in a certain way, to be everybody friend, mom, lover, etc. All those things Jean was for so many people but this Jean wasn't yet any of that. She saw everything form a different point of view.
    And yet, despite all of it, she really was able to come out of it for the better. Like the ultimate 'healing' in a way; she might not have agreed, but she knew she couldn't run from it forever, and once she turned around and really started to face it all she came out so much stronger! I argue it was finally a way to move the character forward and on her own terms, away from the Phoenix, the love triangle drama, all of it!

Actually Jeen kind of accepted everything about adult Jean was also part of her. When she rejected adult Jean she kind of annoyed me.
    I liked Jeen but adult Jean is the real deal.