Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Default Marauders #3 [Reclamation] - Review/Spoilers

I know you all read this. Stop being lazy.

- After the scene with Sebastian in preview, it's revealed that he's meeting with Xavier and the Five to resurrect his son, Shinobi. There's a couple of Duggan comedy scenes with Pyro.

- Sebastian introduces Shinobi to the Black Keep and after having his son change into a red suit, they leave for Manhattan.

- At the Manhattan gate, Daddy Shaw uses his powers to chase away some flatscan cultists. Dad explains to Shinobi what happened when he died with the Krakoa scheme and his version of what Emma's deal with Xavier + Magneto was.

- They then travel to Tokyo on Shinobi's request so Son can meet one of his acquaintances.

- Data pages of Bishop and Shadowcat.

- Scene cut to the Shaws at Black Keep. Dad tells Son that he needs him to act as his Black Bishop. Shinobi says he'll do it but he needs to know how he died. An earlier page reveals Xavier removed the memory of death as shown in Rosenberg's UXM. Sebastian tells his son that it was Emma's and Kitty's doing. End.

Score: No action? Whack/10
    "Cable was right!"

Thanks for starting it! I really liked it and I find the development of Shinobi already interesting. I'm glad these characters are being fleshed out and their relationship is quite complicated.

Sebastian is shady AF!

I cackled at his distorted, fake news account to Shinobi on how Emma came into power. Hilarious. But he clearly plans to cause problems as he wants Shinobi to keep his red clothes for now.

Very cool that Shinobi and Christian have their own ships, and I'm curious what debt Shinobi owes his oyassan.

Kate wants Bishop as her bishop, so let's see.
    Last edited by JB; 12-04-2019 at 10:02 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Fantastic Member

As an alternative perspective to Emma and Kitty, I'm glad to see Shinobi is not being treated as an idiot and he clearly has an agenda of his own that he's working towards, he isn't just playing fiddle to Emma.

But as an issue, it's a lot of "yes, let's talk about all our schemes" and then they talk off-panel so you the reader learn next to nothing about what they're doing.. as they focus on the Shaws to try and show you, the reader, what they're doing. It's a bit counter intuitive.

Happy to see that Marauders has a good deal of intrigue that might be included in it, though.

Continues to be my favorite DOX book.

The book with Kate as the lead my favorite? Has to be Oz...

But I liked Shinobi and his father's interactions and Shaw is the greatest liar ever. The idea of a Krakoan Navy is amazing.

If Shinobi has to keep his red clothes I suspect that with whom he has contacted in Japan is The Hand. They should not be happy that Krakoa has taken away their monopoly of resurrections.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    If Shinobi has to keep his red clothes I suspect that with whom he has contacted in Japan is The Hand. They should not be happy that Krakoa has taken away their monopoly of resurrections.
    Time to send Sabretooth their way?

I'm not really a fan of either Shaw but this is by far my favorite issue of Marauders and my X-issue of the week. Really good. 10/10 from me. I enjoyed reading every page slowly and so much ground work has been laid. I feel this book could be a hit tv show. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm not really a fan of either Shaw but this is by far my favorite issue of Marauders and my X-issue of the week. Really good. 10/10 from me. I enjoyed reading every page slowly and so much ground work has been laid. I feel this book could be a hit tv show. lol
    Agreed. There's a lot to ingest here.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I thought keeping his red clothes implied he was going to somehow strip Kitty of her Red Queen status and make his son Red King. Or at least that's part of his plans.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I loved that we got a reprieve from annoying Kitty. This was probably my fave issue as well.

Absolutely loved this issue and can't wait to see what the Shaw's pull next.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

When I saw this book was going to be all men, I rolled my eyes and immediately dreaded it, but I was pleasantly surprised. This was a lot of fun, and I hope we get a lot more Shinobi Shaw.

BANNED

This Was Good. Though, I would say this was the weakest out of the other Issues.

But I like the comedy and the backstabbing lies and the Father/Son conversation. Was Nice.

This was my fav issue, Shinobi was a blessing to read. Sebastian, despite being a manipulative tool, still looked very sad/vengeful when being reminded of his son’s death.