Page 641 of 662 FirstFirst ... 141541591631637638639640641642643644645651 ... LastLast
Results 9,601 to 9,615 of 9921
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

sssssssssssstttttttttttttttteeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuup ppppppppppppsssssssssssss.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Oh stop being a wet blanket

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Storm is very iconic in her appearance, and so it is easy for people to identify her at a glance. That might make her a tiny bit more recognizable than random red headed woman or white guy with glasses. Back in Claremont's day it would be easy to say Storm and Wolverine are the two most popular characters. After a few decades of Morrison and Whedon and Utopia and Fox-Men films, Storm has lost a lot of her umph, while Cyclops skyrocketed in the comics, and Jean came back with a vengeance(especially factoring in Jeen). It is not so clear cut anymore. Once MCU Ororo debuts, though, she should secure her rightful place as top female X-character(maybe even top female Marvel character, as she was when she beat WW in a popularity contest in the 90's).
    I think your assessment is a fair one. I think the xmen introduction into the mcu will hopefully propel her back into the forefront that pushes her beyond the days of 90s.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Thank you! Baaaabaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!! When the baddest bitch came through with that lightening bolt, left him looking like partially deep fried fish, and told him the main one was still in the clouds charging I damn near gagged! All he could say was "Oh". Yes ma'am!!!
    Attachment 90250

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    Thank you! Baaaabaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!! When the baddest bitch came through with that lightening bolt, left him looking like partially deep fried fish, and told him the main one was still in the clouds charging I damn near gagged! All he could say was "Oh". Yes ma'am!!!
    Attachment 90250
    lololol you a hilarious.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Storm is very iconic in her appearance, and so it is easy for people to identify her at a glance. That might make her a tiny bit more recognizable than random red headed woman or white guy with glasses. Back in Claremont's day it would be easy to say Storm and Wolverine are the two most popular characters. After a few decades of Morrison and Whedon and Utopia and Fox-Men films, Storm has lost a lot of her umph, while Cyclops skyrocketed in the comics, and Jean came back with a vengeance(especially factoring in Jeen). It is not so clear cut anymore. Once MCU Ororo debuts, though, she should secure her rightful place as top female X-character(maybe even top female Marvel character, as she was when she beat WW in a popularity contest in the 90's).
    Here is the issue-SOMEONE HAS TO BE WILLING TO DO THE WORK.

With all those others there was no down time. SOMEONE was trying something with them. That has always been the issue with black characters let alone those of color. Someone has to be willing to work to sell that character.

Look what Bendis did with Jessica Jones & Cage. In the 2000s alone-he did more with Cage than anyone else post PM & IF 125 & Cage 1-20.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    She definitely understood IMO. She also repeated the solider when she said "These children don't belong to anyone" after he said they belong to the countries military.
    Yeah, exactly. That’s pretty cool I knew Storm was Bilingual, but damn Portuguese too??? Damn she can do everything.

Great point. Her initial response definitely showed she understood what he said to the children. I had forgotten that part. So, for Storm, no fight means I'll zap your ass one good time to let you know that, if you want to push the issue of a fight, then here is a small taste of how it will go. Which means, great for her, poorly for him.
    I agree, 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    lololol you a hilarious.
    lol I love when they let Storm shine and do what she do. I also love when she serves the girls and boys with a little bit of ego and sarcasm. She's like one of those girls or guys who know they got hands but try to avoid fighting cause they know the damage they can do so they just try to warn the other person like "You don't want none", "Look i'm trying to tell you", "Keep it moving" or "Go on somewhere." lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    saw an interesting discussion on Jean thread. one fan there alluded to wolverine and storm being the most popular xmen. would you agree or would you say logan/storm/jean/cyclops are? I would say storm is right behind wolverine. but I wouldnt say Jean and cyclops are as popular as she is.
    Jean and Scott UNFORTUNATELY are not as popular as they THINK they are.

Wolverine is the THE most popular X-Man to be honest and truthful. Storm does come second because she was something of a new start a new era of mutants.

IMO people knew Jean and Scott and they were boring.....sorry that was a fact. The only thing why Jean is even a factor again IMO is her Phoenix Saga. If that never happened Jean would be a nobody......sorry.

in my mind storm and jean are pretty on par in terms of popularity, or at least seem to be based on fan reactions and discussions. so like wolverine > storm = jean > scott. it could just be that jean fans are just super vocal considering how long she was out of the picture

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    Attachment 90250
    This post made me scream! When she made it known that was but a fraction of her power and fury I was too through with her. I swear her entrance invokes the same dread of her threat to Sinister. She already had the huge winds and devastating waves. She only chose to hit ole dude with a ridiculous bolt. That’s my kind of lightning lass. A little speech about the many ways she could’ve dismantled his life would’ve been nice, but her “I don’t even know who you are” takes me out every time I read it.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

How is it that Storm and the others know where all of the mutants are who aren't on Krakoa? Xavier? And how would these kids know about Krakoa? Is this something that is so big that it is public knowledge internationally?

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Xavier's global telepathic message all the way back in Hox put the location of Krakoa on all mutants' heads, along with an "open" invitation (or overriding directive, depending on who you ask) to come live there.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Here is the issue-SOMEONE HAS TO BE WILLING TO DO THE WORK.

With all those others there was no down time. SOMEONE was trying something with them. That has always been the issue with black characters let alone those of color. Someone has to be willing to work to sell that character.

Look what Bendis did with Jessica Jones & Cage. In the 2000s alone-he did more with Cage than anyone else post PM & IF 125 & Cage 1-20.
    Just wanted to acknowledge your post for the very hard truths you just laid.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Xavier's global telepathic message all the way back in Hox put the location of Krakoa on all mutants' heads, along with an "open" invitation (or overriding directive, depending on who you ask) to come live there.
    Ah, okay. Thanks for the explanation.

Ah, okay. Thanks for the explanation.
    Also considering Cerebro is actively downloading the memories of every mutant on Earth, it must know where they all are. Obviously there may be exceptions but it wouldnt be hard to locate them