Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Thinking on it, I'm sad the next DB isn't Korra vs. Rey. Because it'd be hilarious to watch them take the comment "I'm all the Jedi" seriously, and thus decide that Rey is universal in power and multiple times lightspeed due to stacking Luke, Obi-Wan, Yoda, and all the various OP EU Jedi and scaling her to that power level.

We were SO close to them declaring that Super Jedi God Super Jedi Rey a thing!
    One of the researchers actually commented on why they're not doing Korra vs Rey. The TLDR of it is that Death Battle is supposed to be a celebration of the series it features, and Korra vs Rey would inevitably generate a lot of comments on how shitty the Sequel Trilogy/Legend of Korra are.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    One of the researchers actually commented on why they're not doing Korra vs Rey. The TLDR of it is that Death Battle is supposed to be a celebration of the series it features, and Korra vs Rey would inevitably generate a lot of comments on how shitty the Sequel Trilogy/Legend of Korra are.
    Checks out, which is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Thinking on it, I'm sad the next DB isn't Korra vs. Rey. Because it'd be hilarious to watch them take the comment "I'm all the Jedi" seriously, and thus decide that Rey is universal in power and multiple times lightspeed due to stacking Luke, Obi-Wan, Yoda, and all the various OP EU Jedi and scaling her to that power level.

We were SO close to them declaring that Super Jedi God Super Jedi Rey a thing!
    That would make sense since they basically stole the Avatar concept for Rey in the last minute lol
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    That would make sense since they basically stole the Avatar concept for Rey in the last minute lol
    I mean, Avatar didn't invent the concept of past lives.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Rey's scene doesn't even have anything to do with past lives.

It's more akin to the ghosts helping Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli in The Return of the King really.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post

It's more akin to the ghosts helping Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli in The Return of the King really.
    Or the ending of Rise of the Teenage Mutant Turtles, you are supported by the ghosts of your clan to manifest a giant spiritual ninja mecha to strike down Shredder the AntiSpiral with an enormous energy spear powered by the love and bonds of your family.

Man that show was godlike.

I hope the movie is just as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post

No, but the whole vibe and concept I'm convinced is transplanted into it ill-fittingly and just read as poorly placed as anything in ROS
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

You know what, while I've been distinctly lukewarm on Black Clover since day one (it doesn't do anything wrong, it's just never managed to like really grab me) I thought this chapter was a very nicely done.

One of those ones you feel will be made all the more impactful by having a solid voice cast in the anime.

Also, I'm enjoying this fight in Juujutsu Kaisen some solid layers to it, decent stakes, hero explicitly being challenged about the horrifying results of the last story arc.

Good shit.

Also, Ottoman is wife guy the manga and it's a real good time.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

...my feeling is that Bane just won a Rumbles match, but I'm still trying to process that impossibility. O_o
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    ...my feeling is that Bane just won a Rumbles match, but I'm still trying to process that impossibility. O_o
    I mean, there was that one time in the show that he beat the shit out of the Batmobile while it was parked.

That's gotta count for something, surely.

I mean, if I was Bane, I woulda followed it up by flipping it over and pooring sugar in the gas tank, but not everyone can be a master tactician.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    I mean, there was that one time in the show that he beat the shit out of the Batmobile while it was parked.

That's gotta count for something, surely.

I mean, if I was Bane, I woulda followed it up by flipping it over and pooring sugar in the gas tank, but not everyone can be a master tactician.
    He's supposed to be, but rarely is. His big, master plan for beating Bruce was 'release all of Bruce's enemies on the city to wear him down'. Genius.

It's just that Bane (and Killer Croc) are essentially the Rumbles' Loser Duo, and here I peg Bane as actually winning a match. It's rather mind-boggling.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    He's supposed to be, but rarely is. His big, master plan for beating Bruce was 'release all of Bruce's enemies on the city to wear him down'. Genius.

It's just that Bane (and Killer Croc) are essentially the Rumbles' Loser Duo, and here I peg Bane as actually winning a match. It's rather mind-boggling.
    First time for everything. :V

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    First time for everything. :V
    True story, that.
    Why are we here?