Page 38 of 120 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast

While i liked this issue, i thought it had a lot going on.
    I didn't enjoy the art in this one as much as the last one too.

But it was a fun issue.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

I actually liked this issue a lot more. The previous one was kind of dragged down by the opening segway into the adventure. I'm a sucker for the sillier aspects of Flash Time Travel shenanigans (rather than the depressing ones) and this was chock full of it. Gold Beetle was very fun to have around. Still wish the art suited The Flash a bit more. I don't think it's bad art or anything (certainly better than what I could do) but doesn't fit my mind's eye of how The Flash characters look.

Small bit, they got Jai's age wrong. AFAIR he was artificially 10 and Irey was artificially 12.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Small bit, they got Jai's age wrong. AFAIR he was artificially 10 and Irey was artificially 12.
    In the Flash Companion book, Waid mentioned Jai was around eight where as Irey was ten when they were introduced so that could be where Adams got the ages.

Incredible Member

I enjoyed this issue, is nice seeing Wally worrying about something and one minute later playing "baseball" to save the day. But I would have liked it more if Wally had solved the issue by himself.

Not a fan of the art.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    In the Flash Companion book, Waid mentioned Jai was around eight where as Irey was ten when they were introduced so that could be where Adams got the ages.
    Yeah that's when they first showed up in 2007/2008. 5 years IRL passed since then and they got a little older over time. They were getting ready to put Irey in YJ at 12-13ish. She was wearing her Impulse clothes when Wally found them which would put them post Flash: Rebirth.

Heck it's even been 2 years since Flash Forward. She might be a year older since that.
    Last edited by Dred; 04-20-2021 at 03:00 PM.

Damian's just been aged up another year (to 14) apparently, so yeah, the other kid heroes ought to have aged up a year as well.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

I loved it.

Art included.

So, I guess it's safe to assume that...

spoilers:
    The body Wally will end up in is the cloned one from the 25th century we've seen in HiC, right?
    end of spoilers
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    The main problem, IMO, is the art. LaFuente does a really good job but it's way too static and way too sober while Adams's writing is pure fun and madness. I really thought LaFuente's art would be more crazy and spectacular but it's just ok.

Have fun ! I hope you'll like it as much as I did !
    I loved it! Just a fun read. Adams gets the voice right for all of these characters. I love his Wally and his Barry is a breath of fresh air. THIS is how I always imagined a modern Barry Allen would sound. Not bummed all the time. No self doubt. He is an upbeat super smart guy who is also confident. I love the banter between Wally and Gold Beetle. And the art is fantastic. I always liked LaFuentes art on Ultimate Comics Spider Man and he fits this story as well. And Anderson fits the parts he is assigned very well too.

Looking forward to next issue a lot. So happy that Wally is really back and being treated properly.

I wonder if Wally is going back to his classic 90's costume when this arc is over. He is wearing it in some of the covers but I am thinking that might not really mean anything.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    I loved it.

spoilers:
    The body Wally will end up in is the cloned one from the 25th century we've seen in HiC, right?
    end of spoilers
    I don’t think so. ATM, they said his body is lost and they have to find it.

I don’t see Adams using one of the worst ideas of HiC to resolve this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    I loved it! Just a fun read. Adams gets the voice right for all of these characters. I love his Wally and his Barry is a breath of fresh air. THIS is how I always imagined a modern Barry Allen would sound. Not bummed all the time. No self doubt. He is an upbeat super smart guy who is also confident. I love the banter between Wally and Gold Beetle. And the art is fantastic. I always liked LaFuentes art on Ultimate Comics Spider Man and he fits this story as well. And Anderson fits the parts he is assigned very well too.
    We got that during Williamson's run at times even if it might've felt drowned out by all the drama.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    I wonder if Wally is going back to his classic 90's costume when this arc is over. He is wearing it in some of the covers but I am thinking that might not really mean anything.
    Kinda wondering about that too. I think well get the 90's suit. Its been advertised on a few covers and we have yet to see it. I think Wally will get it at the end of arc as his affirmation as THE FLASH once again.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Another fantastic issue that's, if anything, even more fun than the first. Gold Beetle is a super fun character (never mind Booster and Blue Beetle, she's like a female Bart Allen) and her interactions with Wally were tons of, well, fun. I think you're starting to see a theme here. Time travel shenanigans, killer characterization and I really like the idea that it looks like Wally will rediscover why he wants to be the Flash even as he bounces through time for the latest Speed Force McGuffin.

One question, though: spoilers:
    Why did Wally need a doohikee to steal the Speed Force from the Dominator, that's been one of his powers for years?
    end of spoilers
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    We got that during Williamson's run at times even if it might've felt drowned out by all the drama.
    I didn't get that at all from Williamsons run. It felt like Barry always doubted himself and bummed. I feel like it was mentioned from other characters in the book often.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Kinda wondering about that too. I think well get the 90's suit. Its been advertised on a few covers and we have yet to see it. I think Wally will get it at the end of arc as his affirmation as THE FLASH once again.
    I asked Adams on Twitter about the costume and he said "we shall see".