Page 288 of 2454 FirstFirst ... 1882382782842852862872882892902912922983383887881288 ... LastLast
Results 4,306 to 4,320 of 36800
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Well-put, indeed.
    I agree, good finish.

Very much enjoyed!

There's still one chapter left to lead into the sequel though.

Now that I've read them all, I think my favourite fight overall is probably the Fang against Kuroki. It's just a very good representation of how the manga treats its fighters.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

it's sad but i like it. we see a lot of tournaments in anime/manga but we rarely see the mental and physical toll it takes on the fighters. this tournament really hit the right spots. it might be my favorite martial art tournament ever.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post

Now that I've read them all, I think my favourite fight overall is probably the Fang against Kuroki. It's just a very good representation of how the manga treats its fighters.
    Fang versus Okubo was my favourite overall. It was just a big awesome grapple battle. Rare to see but very engaging.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post

A good fight, that one to be sure. I also liked Nik's choice, as grappling is very well represented in this manga.

Not sure which fight is my favourite -- I'd need to read them all again -- but I still lean toward Kaneda - Gaolong.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    it's sad but i like it. we see a lot of tournaments in anime/manga but we rarely see the mental and physical toll it takes on the fighters. this tournament really hit the right spots. it might be my favorite martial art tournament ever.
    Very true, this. I mean, it's still grossly unrealistic, but there IS a certain realism in the fact that while they recover abnormally quickly and shrug off a lot of the deleterious effects, these superhumans DO suffer lasting injuries that can cause them impairment. Or worse.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

A good fight, that one to be sure. I also liked Nik's choice, as grappling is very well represented in this manga.

Not sure which fight is my favourite -- I'd need to read them all again -- but I still lean toward Kaneda - Gaolong.

Very true, this. I mean, it's still grossly unrealistic, but there IS a certain realism in the fact that while they recover abnormally quickly and shrug off a lot of the deleterious effects, these superhumans DO suffer lasting injuries that can cause them impairment. Or worse.
    at least we see that the fighters who advance show some wear and tear, even with the advanced medicial crap they had on the island.

My favorite character was Imai Cosmo as I liked his character arc and I think he pulled off the "cocky young main character" shtick better than Ohma did. He had a solid character arc, grit, strategy and was fun off the fighting stage as well. Sekibayashi Jun is a close second, nonsensical though his fighting style was. The guy was just such a tank and so wholeheartedly committed to his craft without forgetting how to enjoy life.

Plus, I really liked him giving Akoya Seishu a good choke out. That piece of crap deserved it.

Seconding Kuroki Gensai vs Kanoh Agito as the best fight of the series. It really lived up to the hype in scale while remaining one of the cleverest and most edge-of-your-seat fights in the story.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    My favorite character was Imai Cosmo as I liked his character arc and I think he pulled off the "cocky young main character" shtick better than Ohma did. He had a solid character arc, grit, strategy and was fun off the fighting stage as well. Sekibayashi Jun is a close second, nonsensical though his fighting style was. The guy was just such a tank and so wholeheartedly committed to his craft without forgetting how to enjoy life.

Plus, I really liked him giving Akoya Seishu a good choke out. That piece of crap deserved it.

Seconding Kuroki Gensai vs Kanoh Agito as the best fight of the series. It really lived up to the hype in scale while remaining one of the cleverest and most edge-of-your-seat fights in the story.
    Akoya surprised me with how much of a scumbag he was.

Kuroki vs Fang is hard to top. That fight truly felt epic.

Wakatsuki vs Julius is my second favorite just for the shear manliness of it.

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    Akoya surprised me with how much of a scumbag he was.

Kuroki vs Fang is hard to top. That fight truly felt epic.

Wakatsuki vs Julius is my second favorite just for the shear manliness of it.
    I loved how people were comparing it to a kaiju fight. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    at least we see that the fighters who advance show some wear and tear, even with the advanced medicial crap they had on the island.
    Exactly. They're superhuman, okay. They have superscience medicine, okay. I can buy them limping back to the fights, ready to go.

But they still weren't at top form.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    My favorite character was Imai Cosmo as I liked his character arc and I think he pulled off the "cocky young main character" shtick better than Ohma did. He had a solid character arc, grit, strategy and was fun off the fighting stage as well.
    I really thought Cosmo was a great character, and rather 'realistic' in his fear, later on (and overcoming it). ^_^
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Well, this is the first time I've seen Gang Ryong (Gosu) get manhandled. O_o It's coming as a bit of a shock, when every other fight pretty much boiled down to 'Gang finally gets serious, people get smooshed.'
    Why are we here?

It just dawned on me that Guard Cards don’t transfer from state to state. I’ll most likely have to sit through those boring classes again��. Hopefully my company can waive it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    It just dawned on me that Guard Cards don’t transfer from state to state. I’ll most likely have to sit through those boring classes again��. Hopefully my company can waive it for me.
    Guard Cards...I'm not familiar.
    Why are we here?

Guard Cards...I'm not familiar.
    It’s so I can do security work.