Default Classic Kingpin vs Spider-Verse Kingpin

Which of these superstrong crime lords win? The original or the animated adaptation?

Arena Match. HTH only.

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    Which of these superstrong crime lords win? The original or the animated adaptation?

Arena Match. HTH only.
    I'd think the animated adaptation by a large degree. He overpowered Spider-People, who themselves had decent feats of strength.

Also, Spider-Verse Kingpin is explicitly superpowered, for whatever reason. Classic Kingpin is typically chalked up to being close to superhuman but not quite, just like Cap.

But then again, there's that recent Marvel Knights anniversary where he withstood a point blank energy blast and then overpowered Doom's armor with brute strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I'd think the animated adaptation by a large degree. He overpowered Spider-People, who themselves had decent feats of strength.

Also, Spider-Verse Kingpin is explicitly superpowered, for whatever reason. Classic Kingpin is typically chalked up to being close to superhuman but not quite, just like Cap.
    I think I recall seeing Spider-verse Kingpin ripping cars in half, and outright overpowering Spider-Men (Miles might have been inexperienced, but he *did* break a car-sized bounder in two with an accidental punch).

But then again, there's that recent Marvel Knights anniversary where he withstood a point blank energy blast and then overpowered Doom's armor with brute strength.
    Yeah, that's way above Spider-Verse Kingpin. Almost to the level of SMvsFL, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    I think I recall seeing Spider-verse Kingpin ripping cars in half, and outright overpowering Spider-Men (Miles might have been inexperienced, but he *did* break a car-sized bounder in two with an accidental punch).

Yeah, that's way above Spider-Verse Kingpin. Almost to the level of SMvsFL, actually.
    https://imgur.com/a/gs34dT9

Indeed. One thing I've always liked about Classic Kingpin is that in a head-on fight, he can beat most street levelers like Daredevil, which means then that Daredevil has to rely on a great deal of prep-time and wits to beat him in other ways. But this is really overdoing it. Doom is no street leveler.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Since when is Kingpin the Thing tier haha.

One haymayker from Spider-verse kingpin is enough to kill a wounded spider-man.
    Kingpin also tanked that venom bite that was enough to 10-count a spider-man.

He could also easily keep up speed-wise with them. My money is on him.

Indeed, and he was ripping them with the same amount of effort i rip toilet paper. He was flat out stronger then all the spider-men. probably class 30-40

I go with Spider-Verse Kingpin
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

BANNED

maybe the spider men weren't using lethal force unlike kingpin or the verse is just screwy given how casually miles wrecks a chunk sized boulder he should have beheaded or ripped apart Gwen's face after attempting to get his hand free forcefully when it got stuck in her hair.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    maybe the spider men weren't using lethal force unlike kingpin or the verse is just screwy given how casually miles wrecks a chunk sized boulder he should have beheaded or ripped apart Gwen's face after attempting to get his hand free forcefully when it got stuck in her hair.
    i'm fine with with spider-men not using lethal force when punching, but Kingpin was overpowering them to, grabbing their hands mid-punch and then twisting them.

Also Gwen also has spider-stenght

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    i'm fine with with spider-men not using lethal force when punching, but Kingpin was overpowering them to, grabbing their hands mid-punch and then twisting them.

Also Gwen also has spider-stenght
    so you are saying even her hair has spider strength? agree with you on the first point by the way.
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 01-11-2019 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    The thing is, if Spider-Verse Kingpin were merely human, even top tier human, his punches still shouldn't have done jack squat to any Spider-person. But not only did his blows land, they hurt the Spider-folks.

Now, in the comics, sure, Kingpin hurt Spider-Man with physical attacks, but that seems more to be from the 60s and early 70s, before Kingpin was scaled down (he used to have way more gadgets) and Spidey started living up to his actual power descriptions (being CL10 and all that). Most modern depictions of Kingpin stick to him being human, if upper-tier in strength, but still human.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    The thing is, if Spider-Verse Kingpin were merely human, even top tier human, his punches still shouldn't have done jack squat to any Spider-person. But not only did his blows land, they hurt the Spider-folks.

Now, in the comics, sure, Kingpin hurt Spider-Man with physical attacks, but that seems more to be from the 60s and early 70s, before Kingpin was scaled down (he used to have way more gadgets) and Spidey started living up to his actual power descriptions (being CL10 and all that). Most modern depictions of Kingpin stick to him being human, if upper-tier in strength, but still human.
    Moreso than hurting Spider-Folks, he killed Spider-Folks (WOD being the best Spider-Man out of all of them).

Also, this Kingpin was arguably doing thunderclaps and the like. Dude was definitely superhuman.