Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Implications of "Iron Man 2020" for Spider-Man

2020 will definitely be an important year for Iron Man, but I'm worried about how it can affect Spider-Man. On the original world of Arno Stark (Iron Man 2020), we had a future daughter of Spider-Man and Mary Jane named May Parker. She wore a suit similar to the first one used by Jessica Drew, only with Spider-Man's classic colours, red and blue. (It matched with her red hair, probably inherited from her mom).

How about if it becomes real here? How?, well, sha can be Peter and MJ's daughter, but she doesn't have to be born "naturally". I mean, how about another plot from Norman Osborn, where he uses Peter and MJ's DNA to create "their daugther" and use her to kill him?

Arno will make Norman, Kindred, Jackal, and Prowler an offer... it'll be the Year... of the VILLAIN!!!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

please no more spider-kids
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    2020 will definitely be an important year for Iron Man, but I'm worried about how it can affect Spider-Man. On the original world of Arno Stark (Iron Man 2020), we had a future daughter of Spider-Man and Mary Jane named May Parker. She wore a suit similar to the first one used by Jessica Drew, only with Spider-Man's classic colours, red and blue. (It matched with her red hair, probably inherited from her mom).

How about if it becomes real here? How?, well, sha can be Peter and MJ's daughter, but she doesn't have to be born "naturally". I mean, how about another plot from Norman Osborn, where he uses Peter and MJ's DNA to create "their daugther" and use her to kill him?
    Thought Iron Man 2020 was an alternate timeline (and probably no longer in 2020, due to the sliding timescale)?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post

I thought that was from X-Men/Spider-Man: Time's Arrow, Book 3 --- The Future.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Slott said that INCOMING would be the event that sets the stage for 2020, including perhaps Iron Man.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Thought Iron Man 2020 was an alternate timeline (and probably no longer in 2020, due to the sliding timescale)?
    It's an AU, so the sliding timescale doesn't affect it. The current Arno is not the one introduced in the 80s.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Ah, so this'll be Spider-Man and Mary Jane's 'Rachel Summers', essentially? :P

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    please no more spider-kids
    THIS. Definitely this.

Incredible Member

I cannot forgive Iron Man 2020, for being the murderer of the original Blizzard, Amazing Spider-Man Annual #20.

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    I cannot forgive Iron Man 2020, for being the murderer of the original Blizzard, Amazing Spider-Man Annual #20.
    I remember when ASM's very own Nick Spencer brought back Gregor in Iron Man 2.0 but it was just a blue-ball with the reveal that he was an android double. Still though, people remember Jack Frost's legend.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

iMan 42s

Spider-man was indirectly responsible for Iron man 2020 and as a result..., nothing came of it. Yeah I can't remember Arno ever facing Spider-man after that. Spider-man misunderstanding what's happening between Arno and the child version of the terrorist that Arno needed to disarm a bomb in his home time that exploded because Spider-man intervened and ultimately caused the situation in the first place. Nothing. A nuked facility which included Arno's wife and young son, this was never followed up on. At least not to my knowledge anyways.., and you'd think that would be the easiest thing to follow up on but Arno is just a dick now and screwing Sunset Bain. You'd think that would've been the blueprint for his current turn, but I guess screwing your brother's rival turns you evil.

If there is any implications, it's superficial at best.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Spider-man was indirectly responsible for Iron man 2020 and as a result..., nothing came of it. Yeah I can't remember Arno ever facing Spider-man after that. Spider-man misunderstanding what's happening between Arno and the child version of the terrorist that Arno needed to disarm a bomb in his home time that exploded because Spider-man intervened and ultimately caused the situation in the first place. Nothing. A nuked facility which included Arno's wife and young son, this was never followed up on. At least not to my knowledge anyways.., and you'd think that would be the easiest thing to follow up on but Arno is just a dick now and screwing Sunset Bain. You'd think that would've been the blueprint for his current turn, but I guess screwing your brother's rival turns you evil.

If there is any implications, it's superficial at best.
    Any version of the future seen in 616 is an alternate timeline so of course it was never going to have consequences.

Though I guess that sort of thinking might have inspired Slott to do Iron Man 2020

BANNED

If I recall correctly he made a appearance in the 'Legacy of Doom' mini.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Any version of the future seen in 616 is an alternate timeline so of course it was never going to have consequences.

Though I guess that sort of thinking might have inspired Slott to do Iron Man 2020
    Well of course, but for awhile this was just as possible as any other future timeline and Arno had since come back for adventures in mainline continuity even when Gillen introduced 616 Arno. To my knowledge they don't ever cross paths after this moment which is weird when you consider he's also a time-traveler. So nobody using an obvious story thread (especially as it ties into his origins) is especially odd.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.