Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    DC really went out of their way to resist following the logic of Tim having actually aged after OYL. It's like someone looked at the numbers, and someone else freaked out about that somehow being bad and decreed he couldn't get older. Which is a shame because FabNic had some plans for Tim's birthday, if I remember correctly.
    Yeah, they were really scared of him getting older than 16 for some reason. They finally let him at least be 17 in Red Robin iirc.

Mostly because they established that she was already a young woman when she joined up, and she acted more like a spirited young adult than a teen. Of course, that's also because she was wise well beyond her years in some things (mortality, life and death, Justice) even while seeming to have underdeveloped social skills and understanding (interactions with people she was attracted to, everyday social interactions)
    We're still on a 'Tec discussion thread so I may as well mention that these are aspects of Cass that have definitely not been present so that Tynion could fit her in the "Inexperienced teen hero" role.
    Last edited by Assam; 08-18-2017 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Just consulted my copy to double check, it being her "18th" birthday wasn't mentioned.

Tim is...Tim. I don't think there's a single character whose age is more confusing than him.
    Lol, you don't lie

Yeah, they were really scared of him getting older than 16 for some reason. They finally let him at least be 17 in Red Robin iirc.
    Probably because he was Robin. You don't want the Boy Wonder aging too fast .

Astonishing Member

With the exception of maybe Duke (I haven't read Robin WAR but I've heard they're friends), I don't think a single member of the current BatFam would defer to Damian under any circumstances.
    Not even Duke, really, as though he did make fast friends with him at the story's end (its tail-end at that), it came after a brutal moment where he had stood his ground to call Damian out for his most recent not-so-well thought out decision, all the while getting pummeled for it, which happened not long after they were stuck in a cage together for an extended period of time. Neither appreciated the other during those moments, even if Duke saw glimpses of things to admire in Damian's character, which, of course, still didn't deter the whole "calling Damian out while being pummeled" thing.

Duke would not be above calling Damian out for any of his messes, nor would he be in any more hurry to defer to Damian's "authority" than the other Bat-Family characters. And if he did, it would be very out of character for Duke without a very good reason.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 08-19-2017 at 11:54 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Just consulted my copy to double check, it being her "18th" birthday wasn't mentioned.
    Your are right but she was still said to be 18 in Batgirl #48.

Tim is...Tim. I don't think there's a single character whose age is more confusing than him.
    Barbara is also pretty Bad, and the age of Brother in Black Mirror still doesn't make any sense at all.

Cass always struck me as being about a year older than Tim.
    In during Fugative it was iirc said that she was 17 and Tim 15.
    Last edited by Aahz; 08-18-2017 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post

Barbara is also pretty Bad, and the age of Brother in Black Mirror still doesn't make any sense at all.

In during Fugative it was iirc said that she was 17 and Tim 15.
    You're right in that regard. Babs is the de-age queen after all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post

I'd chalk that one up to Horrocks having taken over, and simply not doing the math in his head when he wrote that.