Page 178 of 243 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188228 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 3638

Thanks for sharing, Superlad93!

EVENT LEVIATHAN #1
    written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    art and cover by ALEX MALEEV
    variant cover by KENNETH ROCAFORT
    The groundbreaking and always-inventive team of writer Brian Michael Bendis and artist Alex Maleev (Jinxworld’s SCARLET, Marvel’s Daredevil) reunite on a mystery thriller that stretches across the DC Universe and touches every character from Batman to Superman to the Question to Talia al Ghul. With startling ease, a newly dangerous and aggressive Leviathan wipes out all its competition and now turns its sights to molding the world into its vision of order. Can the new threat’s growth be stopped...and who’s guiding its new agents of chaos?
    ON SALE 06.12.19

ACTION COMICS #1012
    art by SZYMON KUDRANSKI
    cover by JAMAL CAMPBELL
    variant cover by BEN OLIVER
    Artist Szymon Kudranski joins superstar writer Brian Michael Bendis as the attacks of Leviathan threaten targets across the globe, and the agents of the invisible mafia continue to infect Metropolis in this tie-in to EVENT LEVIATHAN!
    ON SALE 06.26.19
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

ADVENTURES OF THE SUPER SONS #11
    written by PETER J. TOMASI
    art by CARLO BARBERI and MATT SANTORELLI
    cover by DAN MORA
    Superboy and Robin have been chased through the galaxy by Rex Luthor and his band of murdering minors…and at last the final battle has begun! Using the Dimensional Cube and a brand-new, shiny army of prison planet escapees, Rex has opened the portal to Earth to start his invasion! But Jon and Damian have an army of their own, and when you’re backed by a cybernetic cowboy, an intergalactic ride-share program and several hundred “planeteers,” how could you not put up an epic fight?!
    ON SALE 06.05.19

DCEASED #2
    written by TOM TAYLOR
    art by TREVOR HAIRSINE and STEFANO GAUDIANO
    cover by LEINIL YU
    variant cover by FRANCESCO MATTINA
    Millions are dying every minute. Heroes and villains alike are falling. Can the Justice League unite to find a way to stop the spread of death? Can they save humanity from extinction? Can they even save themselves? The key to survival may hinge on the last moments of one of the World’s Finest Heroes…
    ON SALE 06.05.19
    "Zombie" Supes is creepy! I hope Lois and Jon (if they exist in the story, as I don't know if this is part of the current continuity or not) stay faaaar away from him!
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Can't wait to see what role the Super Family will have with this storyline...

SUPERMAN #12
    art and cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO
    variant cover by ADAM HUGHES
    The House of El is united in this SUPERMAN/SUPERGIRL crossover! It’s the House of El against everyone as Superman, Jor-El, Supergirl and Superboy face intergalactic attacks from Rogol Zaar, General Zod and an armada of alien warriors and assassins. With the truth behind Krypton’s destruction set to be revealed, a galactic conspiracy threatens to silence Supergirl and Jor-El if Superman can’t live up to his name.
    ON SALE 06.12.19

It's adorable when Lois & Clark get into "mom and dad" mode with Jimmy!

Incredible Member

I think Miller's Superman Year One going to be sux because the dude is known to **** on Superman and his lore and all he cares about is Superman sex life with superhuman
    Last edited by cookies; 03-15-2019 at 03:48 PM.
    Lois and Clark, Clark and Lois..no matter what, when or where it's always you two. Even in fractured quantum space-time you manage to find each other..but if those tinkering busybodies couldn't keep you apart, why should I waste my time?- Mr Mxyzptlk, Superman #19

Quote Originally Posted by cookies View Post
    I think Miller's Superman Year One going to be sux because the dude is known to **** on Superman and his lore and all he cares about is Superman sex life with superhuman
    You're not the only one. A lot of people are against him writing a Superman comic. After the DKSA fiasco and Batman: Damned situation, it's unlikely DC will let him write whatever he wants.

Last edited by _Beautiful_Temptress_; 03-15-2019 at 06:59 PM.

Yeah, I’m not really excited about it at all. Miller hasn’t written anything I’ve thought was even mediocre in like 20 years. Pair him with JRJR and I’m expecting a train wreck of garbage. I mean ASBAR was one of the worst books of the decade, and just died. Both DK sequels were horrible, and the third one he didn’t even write entirely. The bars set so low that if it’s not like viscerally offensive it might be a success.

More parallels!

Part 2:

And part 3:

Quote Originally Posted by _Beautiful_Temptress_ View Post
    You're not the only one. A lot of people are against him writing a Superman comic. After the DKSA fiasco and Batman: Damned situation, it's unlikely DC will let him write whatever he wants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Yeah, I’m not really excited about it at all. Miller hasn’t written anything I’ve thought was even mediocre in like 20 years. Pair him with JRJR and I’m expecting a train wreck of garbage. I mean ASBAR was one of the worst books of the decade, and just died. Both DK sequels were horrible, and the third one he didn’t even write entirely. The bars set so low that if it’s not like viscerally offensive it might be a success.
    You're not alone, guys. Some of mr. Miller's past comments and attitude (I have no idea if he has changed his way of thinking) toward Superman, cast and universe made it an easy decision (for me, at least).

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomariS View Post
    You're not alone, guys. Some of mr. Miller's past comments and attitude (I have no idea if he has changed his way of thinking) toward Superman, cast and universe made it an easy decision (for me, at least).
    He's noted that he wants to do a positive take on Superman and that he really loves the character, and while I do believe him based on what I've gleaned from his comments, I don't trust his ability. Frank's not the same writer he was when he wrote Year One or Daredevil. It's going to be down to reviews and perhaps the art (if JRJR can elevate his game from his last time with Superman) whether I give his Year One a shot.

You better believe I'm concerned with his voice for Lois. I'm unconvinced Frank can write women.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    He's noted that he wants to do a positive take on Superman and that he really loves the character, and while I do believe him based on what I've gleaned from his comments, I don't trust his ability. Frank's not the same writer he was when he wrote Year One or Daredevil. It's going to be down to reviews and perhaps the art (if JRJR can elevate his game from his last time with Superman) whether I give his Year One a shot.

You better believe I'm concerned with his voice for Lois. I'm unconvinced Frank can write women.
    I think his premise for Superman, while effective in DKR, was off-center in the sense that he made him a fanboy for a fascist, conservative government. I fear he's going to start him off on that page and contrive something about Superman growing into a champion for progressive freedoms/causes, which he already is. Perhaps, he'll build on the Superman that's already there; hope he will.

Fascist, conservative Superman is a kinda' bogus place to start a Superman arc.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 03-15-2019 at 11:54 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I think his premise for Superman, while effective in DKR, was off-center in the sense that he made him a fanboy for a fascist, conservative government. I fear he's going to start him off on that page and contrive something about Superman growing into a champion for progressive freedoms/causes, which he already is. Perhaps, he'll build on the Superman that's already there; hope he will.

Fascist, conservative Superman is a kinda' bogus place to start a Superman arc.
    Absolutely, and even then at his worst, during that entire arc Superman was more preoccupied with Bruce's health than anything else. DKR's Superman was more a stooge than a fascist; he meant well, but he goosestepped in line because that's what any Good Ol' Boy would have. You're correct in thinking that's way off base for Superman and a big part of why I dislike DKR.

As for Miller's take on Superman and Lois Lane's relationship, I really hope he's got a positive take on them instead of the usual "Lois is his weak point, kill her and Injustice" or, well, Frank Miller female #45. She's a character, not a motivation. More than Clark, she's who I'm worried he'll botch.

I would love to be able to give Frank the benefit of the doubt, but he's contributed one DC book I've enjoyed and the rest have been mixed-to-downright woeful. That said, I'd be more than happy to eat those words and adore Superman: Year One.