Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Xmen Monday #105

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/05/10/x-...ordan-d-white/

The biggest takeaways for from the interview are that we will get a definitive answer as to if Speed and Wiccan are mutants, however it seems JDW believes that they have a place in Krakoa.

And also the interview does seem to confirm Magneto gets into some trouble at the Gala…probably killed a human or something by accident.

Also it seems as though its not going to be a year in universe every time we get a xmen election/hfg, which is probably a given tbh
    Last edited by Diammandis; 05-10-2021 at 05:50 AM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post

The biggest takeaways for from the interview are that we will get a definitive answer as to if Speed and Wiccan are mutants, however it seems JDW believes that they have a place in Krakoa.
    The question was not asking if they were mutants, but if they were either on Krakoa or accepted by Krakoa, or if they were interested in Krakoa. JDW seemed to start off with an angle of whether they were mutants or not, it seemed to me, which means behind the scenes drama is either because people have conflicting ideas of what to do with the characters in upcoming stories, or MCU related stuff has differing ideas.

And also the interview does seem to confirm Magneto gets into some trouble at the Gala…probably killed a human or something by accident.
    Magneto does not kill by accident.

Also it seems as though its not going to be a year in universe every time we get a xmen election/hfg, which is probably a given tbh
    Does anyone believe we won't be neck deep in some other big event that is going to shake up everything by this time next year? I do appreciate the X-office staying in character though.

As it seemed a big chunk of the questions were about characters interests that might relate to being an editor, I seem to recall "back then" a few characters who were shown to be into writing and other applicable fields, and it seems like something we do not see as much anymore. That is, most people just getting into X-Men these days, what can they say they know about any of these characters other than their powers (maybe) and the role they play in the story?

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Really, someone came with the question: "who is the Jordan D. White of mutants?" Goodness that was ruining space for better questions.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

AIPT: Last week, we talked about that “Pretender” Wanda Maximoff. This week, X-Fan Gerro Gege had a question about her kids. Do Billy Kaplan and Tommy Shepard have a place on Krakoa? Also, Jordan, I’m not sure if that question’s asking about a physical place on Krakoa, like an apartment, or a place like, part of Krakoan society. So answer however you’d like!

Jordan: Honestly, I’m going to tell you the direct truth. This is hotly debated among Marvel editors. Some say yes. Some say no. I say yes, but there are those who say no. I think that it remains to be seen. I think an answer will come — a definitive answer will come, but for now, it certainly seems like they should to me. But there you are.

For me, as an X-head first and foremost, I am elated that members of the X house feel this way

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    I'm starting to think the "Trial" is maybe more tied to something that happens with Arakko, related to the Gala. "Trial" in the sense of challenge or contest versus a legal trial. Like, maybe Arakko starts to get a little uppity and Mags uses the Gala as a public forum to "put his foot down".
    But, the image of him on train tracks does make me questions if my gut feeling is accurate. I doubt that is random imagery, and can't figure any reason to relate Arakko to anything related to a train track.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Really, someone came with the question: "who is the Jordan D. White of mutants?" Goodness that was ruining space for better questions.
    Well some of the better questions never seem to get picked because they're supposedly too spoilery. I hardly keep up with X-Mondays because they rarely seem to contain anything really good, exciting, or interesting.

All i care about from this is Speed and Wiccan being mutants. Nobody else is using them. It could be a boon. And if we have a adventure xmen team why not a team of young super hero mutants once outlawed is finally trashed. Young X-vengers. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Another week with nothing I care about discussed. Oh well. At least the little preview panels are nice. I wonder who’s fighting in the arena in the next issue of Cable, since that seems to be Phil Noto’s artwork with Silver Samurai standing in the middle of said arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Another week with nothing I care about discussed. Oh well. At least the little preview panels are nice. I wonder who’s fighting in the arena in the next issue of Cable, since that seems to be Phil Noto’s artwork with Silver Samurai standing in the middle of said arena.
    I think it might be Rod Reis on New Mutants considering the prominence they have in the audience and that Vita’s been teasing a Crucible match.

Forcefields for everyone! sallyblevins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    That’s Rod Reis art. Its Karma crucible. You can see all the new mutants in the first row

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I think it might be Rod Reis on New Mutants considering the prominence they have in the audience and that Vita’s been teasing a Crucible match.
    Ah. Thanks. My mistake.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sallyblevins View Post
    That’s Rod Reis art. Its Karma crucible. You can see all the new mutants in the first row
    Cannot be so, as Karma still has her powers. Only depowered mutants go through the crucible.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"

What if she wants some upgrades/enhancements? Or just her leg back? Hmm...

Extraordinary Member

Cannot be so, as Karma still has her powers. Only depowered mutants go through the crucible.
    I am not not reading New Mutants, but based on the chatter, the interpretation seems to be that Karma wants to go to the Crucible.

She just asked Dani to do the Crucible with her to free her brothers soul or something.