Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

For me it's was even worse then Multiversity.

I was like .... what the F*** did i just read ?

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by micahbevans88 View Post
    Joker's actions in that scene didn't ring true to character for me. I'm not sure how he actually would have acted (whether he would have been too doubled over in laughter at the situation to help either one of them, or whether he'd use the opportunity to escape and go pursue his own interests) but I don't feel there's justifiable motivation for him to team up with batman.
    I gotta disagree. Grant Morrison had Joker help Batman in Arkham Asylum: A Serious House of Serious Earth and also in Morrison's long run. Some of the best Joker stories have had Joker defy even the reader's expectations. Whether he wants Batman for himself to kill or to keep Batman and the world around to torture, Joker has a proven history of being fairly unpredictable.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I gotta disagree. Grant Morrison had Joker help Batman in Arkham Asylum: A Serious House of Serious Earth and also in Morrison's long run. Some of the best Joker stories have had Joker defy even the reader's expectations. Whether he wants Batman for himself to kill or to keep Batman and the world around to torture, Joker has a proven history of being fairly unpredictable.
    Fair enough, I'll accept it.

I enjoyed it - I really need to sit down and do a reread of the series in order (plus the one-shots I missed), but the Joker coming in on Batman's side against the Batman Who Laughs made perfect sense to me.

It made sense to me as well, the Joker is very unpredictable and insane, but even he knows that if things don't work out for the heroes that he could lose the Gotham and Batman he loves to torture. He may be nuts and looks to cause chaos but he also knows what all he could lose. I see his reasons to help Batman in that situation. The Joker is selfish and will not risk losing it all when he can keep things going to fuel his needs.

First Goku and Freeza team up in Dragon Ball Super, now Batman and Joker.

Normally, I would never think it possible. But for the circumstances? It makes sense.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I am just glad its over. Some of the things they are hinting at are interesting, but the way they got there was just a sloppy mess. Maybe reading this all in a trade with all the tie ins included will make the story make sense, but reading it month by month has just been a chore. It was like reading someone do a bad Morrison imitation with big crazy ideas but nothing to really pull it together to make a good story.

I know I am probably in the minority here but this whole event was just a mess of weird ideas thrown together and bad writing covered with "oh look how cool that is" moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    First Goku and Freeza team up in Dragon Ball Super, now Batman and Joker.

Normally, I would never think it possible. But for the circumstances? It makes sense.
    Ya, kinda funny and awesome that those things happen so close to each other. Really liked both.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I really enjoyed it and enjoyed the event. Scott said on Twitter after the boring Deluxe (just #1-6) there will be a #1-6 + Lost & Wild Hunt softcover (which is basically a Snyder cut), and then an Omnibus.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 03-29-2018 at 11:42 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Spectacular Member Embryonic Superman's Avatar

So if I'm to understand this right, not only is the Multiverse no longer limited to 52 worlds (building upon the 53rd Earth created in The Wild Hunt), but Earth-0's universe is now expanded outward as well with the breach of the Source Wall. Additionally, the heroes may have subtly altered the timestream with their own desires and subconscious yearnings, allowing for more Pre-Flashpoint elements to sneak their way back in. Well, at least Superman Reborn and the yet-to-come-in-the-timeline Doomsday Clock don't have to shoulder the burden of everything that's back or coming back.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I really enjoyed it and enjoyed the event. Scott said on Twitter after the boring Deluxe (just #1-6) there will be a #1-6 + Lost & Wild Hunt softcover (which is kinda a Snyder cut), and then an Omnibus.
    Which I doubt the people at DC like him mentioning, since it will get people to wait to collect the event.

Spectacular Member

I'm a little confused about Dark Nights: Metal over a couple of things, if someone can help me.

#1 - Were Simon and Jessica not in this? From what I understand everything in recent Justice League issues about The Fan happen after Metal, so where were Simon and Cruz? Why weren't they at the mansion in the epilogue?

#2 - back to the connection between Metal and Justice League - around the same time MM was revealed to be on Thanagar in Metal, an issue of JL had a member saying they hadn't seen MM in eons, yet that person would have seen him at the mansion in the Nights epilogue, right?

#3 - The reason I assumed the current JL series is after Metal is because of the Metal Tie-In issue of JL, which was before The Fan story arc.

I like the universe building this event did. My initial reaction was that it was hard to follow and certain things just kinda happened when they were supposed to, but I think I may change my mind upon a re-read.

Always Rakzo

Boy, this reminded me of some of the worst Marvel events. Quick and anticlimactic fight and an issue that doesn't spend too much time on it as much as setting-up the new status quo for the whole universe. Not only that but the sudden miraculous way that the heroes find to defeat the Dark Multiverse pretty much goes against the whole idea of an invincible evil due that they didn't even had to look for a smart manner to defeat them nor faced an interesting dilemma to confront them, good defeats evil, that's all. Makes me feel a bit cheated.

Some good things like Batman fighting alongside the Joker which pretty much reaches fanfic levels in a good way, decent art but aside from that, the long delays and this unsatisfying finale turns this into a pretty underwhelming story overall. Not bad, just average.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I enjoyed the heck out of Metal. Big goofy fun.

My only reservation is how Snyder wrote Superman. We get that he loves Batman, and he did right by Wonder Woman, but he'd better figure out how to write Superman if he's going to do Justice League. Having Superman give up hope and need Batman to tell him not to give up is utter hogwash. Why is it that Snyder understands how important truth is to Wonder Woman, but doesn't understand that hope is just as fundamental to Superman?

I do not want to read Batman & The Justice League any more than I want to read Wolverine & The X-Men.

Spectacular Member

I have to reread Metal because I'm confused with a few things:

Earth 53 -- where, when, and how did it come about?

Source Wall break -- Is that the gateway to the omniverse? to the other multiverses?

Outsiders -- Did I miss anything? Did they get mentioned at the end?