Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536 LastLast

Quality of story-writing aside, I'm a little concerned if Henry's Supes is once again paired against a much "cooler" hero/anti-hero in The Rock's Adam. I want Cavill back as much as anyone, but I can do without if we're going to get a lot of the same problems that didn't make Superman more appealing to new viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    More "unexpected sources of hope":

"Boss Logic posts Man of Steel 2 art, Henry Cavill likes it, someone in the comments says “not with Henry Cavill lol” and Boss Logic responds “I wouldn’t be so sure”. Boss Logic has friends in Hollywood such as The Rock. ��"

https://twitter.com/stebob1984/statu...86366791753728

... so... now I have to go into the basement to beat the flicker of hope I'm starting to have to death because entering that hypetrain and getting it smashed again will be far more painful.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Quality of story-writing aside, I'm a little concerned if Henry's Supes is once again paired against a much "cooler" hero/anti-hero in The Rock's Adam. I want Cavill back as much as anyone, but I can do without if we're going to get a lot of the same problems that didn't make Superman more appealing to new viewers.
    I get where you are coming from, and nobody has more charisma than The Rock right now, but I think the main problem with the Cavill Superman was how he was written and directed.. too angsty and sad.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety...203415757/amp/
    To help find a way to make Superman relevant to modern audiences, studio brass has been polling lots of high-profile talent. There have been discussions with J.J. Abrams, whose company Bad Robot recently signed a massive first-look deal with the studio, and there was a meeting with Michael B. Jordan earlier this year with the “Creed” star pitching Warners on a vision for the character. However, Jordan isn’t ready to commit to taking on the project since filming doesn’t seem likely to happen for several years and he has a full dance card of projects. Insiders think that a new Superman film is unlikely to hit screens before 2023, given that there’s no script and no director attached.
    Looks like those rumors about Abrams might be true.

Logistically, however, there’s little appetite at the studio for spending the millions of dollars it would require to finish visual effects and editing work on Snyder’s version, particularly as “Justice League” was a commercial disaster. There are currently no plans to release a Snyder version either in theaters or on HBO Max.

“That’s a pipe dream,” said one knowledgeable insider. “There’s no way it’s ever happening.”
    Doesn’t look like the campaign had any impact.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety...203415757/amp/

Looks like those rumors about Abrams might be true.

Doesn’t look like the campaign had any impact.
    Everything that I've read suggests that the "Snyder cut" is just a bunch of scenes that he filmed in no sequential order. The composer for JL, Danny Elfman, suggested there is no actual Snyder cut in the sense of a full on movie. This makes sense to me. He worked on the post production of the movie and if this Snyder cut exists, it clearly never made it that far. Keep something in mind: The studio knows more about this than we do. They know what's in it and what isn't. So if they refuse to release it, it might be because they understand there isn't really anything to release as far as a coherent movie goes.
    Assassinate Putin!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Counter article to variety in forbes
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhug.../#6cc4166b5871

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Zack Snyder shared this on Tuesday.

I also think I found the moment where Justice League was suppose to give us a different perspective of. When he screamed in Doomsday's hand.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Counter article to variety in forbes
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhug.../#6cc4166b5871
    The Forbes article is making a straw man argument. No one ever said a Snyder cut doesn't exist. What is being said as to why it won't be released is that it would take money to clean it up to make it into a actual movie.
    The effects aren't complete, the sound and music isn't complete. You would have scenes with just a green screen, people hanging from wires, mean running around in grey suits with white balls glued to them. I seriously
    doubt an even 90% complete version exists. What would be the point of having Whedon come on to finish the film if WB had a film this far along towards completion? By the time WB hired Whedon they had given up on
    Justice League anyway and just wanted to shove something passable out the door. If WB didn't care about making a decent theatrical Justice League, why would WB care about some cobbled together Snyder cut?

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    The Forbes article is making a straw man argument. No one ever said a Snyder cut doesn't exist. What is being said as to why it won't be released is that it would take money to clean it up to make it into a actual movie.
    The effects aren't complete, the sound and music isn't complete. You would have scenes with just a green screen, people hanging from wires, mean running around in grey suits with white balls glued to them. I seriously
    doubt an even 90% complete version exists. What would be the point of having Whedon come on to finish the film if WB had a film this far along towards completion? By the time WB hired Whedon they had given up on
    Justice League anyway and just wanted to shove something passable out the door. If WB didn't care about making a decent theatrical Justice League, why would WB care about some cobbled together Snyder cut?
    THIS!^^^

This is what I've been trying to get people to understand. There probably isn't a "movie" here in the sense that we know one. It's probably mostly just a bunch of green screens that would still require thousands, if not millions, of dollars to clean up just to make them look presentable to an audience. Warners wouldn't make back what it would cost to do that. Snyder probably just doesn't want what he worked on to go to waste. You know what would happen if it actually was released? The same fans demanding to see it would wonder why they couldn't just go in and clean things up a little bit. Because that costs money! Money that would be better invested in future movies.
    Assassinate Putin!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    THIS!^^^

This is what I've been trying to get people to understand. There probably isn't a "movie" here in the sense that we know one. It's probably mostly just a bunch of green screens that would still require thousands, if not millions, of dollars to clean up just to make them look presentable to an audience. Warners wouldn't make back what it would cost to do that. Snyder probably just doesn't want what he worked on to go to waste. You know what would happen if it actually was released? The same fans demanding to see it would wonder why they couldn't just go in and clean things up a little bit. Because that costs money! Money that would be better invested in future movies.
    Look man, you really think people who want snyder cut is gonna stop?i don't think so. They came from nothing. Now, they have credibility to keep going. As for snyder cut, i don't know. Some say it's an assembly cut. Some it's only 90 percent with incomplete cgi. Snyder, actors and technicians behind the scene say release it. As for Music, Junkie xl came out said he had completed his track.
    keep in mind this:From what i know, snyder had no plans for reshoots.this from jay Olivia. If the reshoots were planned prior they would have included committed the actor prior as well. They didn't. The proof is Henry's mustache. The reshoots were last minute thing.
    Honestly, i can't believe they put john williams theme and not once did they have first flight or ideal of hope. Smh!
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-27-2019 at 10:43 PM.

The effects aren't complete
    https://screenrant.com/justice-leagu...-are-complete/
    the sound and music isn't complete.
    https://screenrant.com/justice-leagu...core-complete/

And just when that Variety article striked, Zack Snyder bombed the internet with new shots with so called icomplete visual effects:

What would be the point of having Whedon come on to finish the film if WB had a film this far along towards completion?
    Because I think it becomes more clear every day that imbeciles work at the top of Warner Brothers if they seriously thought that cutting Iris West, Stone family, most of Cyborg's plot, Willem Dafoe and so much more in favor of CGI mouth, half assed score and VFX is better than finishing what Zack Snyder managed to accomplish before leaving the project.
    Last edited by GreatKungLao; 11-27-2019 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    THIS!^^^

Also all of that is discussed in the Forbes article. Its an interesting read; give it a try you two

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    Also all of that is discussed in the Forbes article. Its an interesting read; give it a try you two
    My comment was based on what I read in the Forbes article. I posted what I posted just after I read it.