Page 566 of 631 FirstFirst ... 66466516556562563564565566567568569570576616 ... LastLast
Results 8,476 to 8,490 of 9460
    Mighty Member

Just stopping by to say hello to my fellow Atlanteans. Been in lurking mode mostly but hoping for the resurrection of this thread into activity for a long time. Missing the old gang. At least we got a recent Namor figure and he is part of an X-Men team. Hopefully things will keep improving once Marvel reveals its plans for the MCU Phase 4 and we find out Namor is included. Keeping fingers and ankle wings crossed.
    Last edited by Thor-El; 04-03-2018 at 05:47 PM.

Hey, Thor-El, old Buddy! Glad to see you here! Come back to the forum!

Nice figures and great posing from the old classic comics fight of these two powerhouses!

Read through the John Bryne Namor run (wasn't a big fan) but the Marvel Masterpieces (near the tale end of volume 1) and so far I'm digging it a lot. I wish Marvel would re-establish Namor properly into the Marvel Universe, so much untapped potential with the Kingdom of Atlantis. I think Marvel should reintroduce fans to Namor like the Hulk with Avengers: No Surrender. They should also utilize his connections with the Hulk, Doctor Strange, Blue Marvel, Silver Surfer and the Fantastic Four instead of shoehorning him into the X-Men. Namor is one of the oldest Marvel characters with a lot of history to delve into, and I think Marvel is missing out on a great opportunity with this character and the Marvel Universe.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hey, Thor-El, old Buddy! Glad to see you here! Come back to the forum!

Nice figures and great posing from the old classic comics fight of these two powerhouses!
    Phoenixx9, how are you doing, old friend? Glad to see a familiar face! I was able to get a hold of a bunch of Namor golden age Marvel Masterpieces when Comixology put them on sale recently so now I got really nice digital copies of those, makes me think about continuing with the old Namor readathon thread. I see that Reviresco made an appearance, it was surely fun in here when she was posting every day.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymousmc View Post
    Read through the John Bryne Namor run (wasn't a big fan) but the Marvel Masterpieces (near the tale end of volume 1) and so far I'm digging it a lot. I wish Marvel would re-establish Namor properly into the Marvel Universe, so much untapped potential with the Kingdom of Atlantis. I think Marvel should reintroduce fans to Namor like the Hulk with Avengers: No Surrender. They should also utilize his connections with the Hulk, Doctor Strange, Blue Marvel, Silver Surfer and the Fantastic Four instead of shoehorning him into the X-Men. Namor is one of the oldest Marvel characters with a lot of history to delve into, and I think Marvel is missing out on a great opportunity with this character and the Marvel Universe.
    Agreed 100%. He needs going back to his roots. If it was me I would re-launch Tales to Astonish with Ed McGuinness and Ariel Olivetti as alternating art teams with Namor and Hulk stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Just stopping by to say hello to my fellow Atlanteans. Been in lurking mode mostly but hoping for the resurrection of this thread into activity for a long time. Missing the old gang. At least we got a recent Namor figure and he is part of an X-Men team. Hopefully things will keep improving once Marvel reveals its plans for the MCU Phase 4 and we find out Namor is included. Keeping fingers and ankle wings crossed.
    Hi Thor-El! Lurking mode is good but it's really nice to read you and enjoy that wonderful image!

Missing the old gang too of course...
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Hi Thor-El! Lurking mode is good but it's really nice to read you and enjoy that wonderful image!

Missing the old gang too of course...
    Ah Gabe, so nice to see you are still around! Yes this thread needs some life, but nothing like when Reviresco and our dearest departed Mantis Girl were running the show.
    Something you fellow Atlanteans might like: I did some modifications to a Tarzan model and made him into Sub-Mariner. Still needs some work but its coming along. Here's next to the new Thor Ragnarok model I also bougth from Marvel Gallery.

I don’t know....I like the idea of Namor being with the X-Men (part-time) I just don’t like some of the ways he has been used. (Namely the attraction to Emma. That “relationship” was out of character for Namor from what we know about him in the past.)

Namor for the most part had always been an outsider sorta on the frindge and a well written X-team would embody that. If the relationships there were built up he could be a valued member and then lead a X-Team of his own.

A side note....one of the things I really enjoy about Namor is that his character meshes very well almost anywere in the Marvel.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Ah Gabe, so nice to see you are still around! Yes this thread needs some life, but nothing like when Reviresco and our dearest departed Mantis Girl were running the show.
    Something you fellow Atlanteans might like: I did some modifications to a Tarzan model and made him into Sub-Mariner. Still needs some work but its coming along. Here's next to the new Thor Ragnarok model I also bougth from Marvel Gallery.

Think you did an excellent job on the mod! You can’t even tell there has been an update/change.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

You're bringing such good memories my friend! ... I'll just try to smile thinking about the bright Mantis Girl... She is still in our thoughts...

I miss also Chief Jon and Cold Water who both decided to stay away of the boards. If you're lurking, dear friends, just know that we're missing you!

You did an incredible job with the Tarzan figure! Amazing!
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

just came across Namor appearing in Family Guy

this might be a sign his popularity is growing more mainstream
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Thank you Abe and Dragons Chi, glad you guys liked it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    just came across Namor appearing in Family Guy

this might be a sign his popularity is growing more mainstream
    LOL, that's too funny! When did this come out? The creators gave Aquaman a win here but they forgot to mention Namor is the original. I'm also sure Namor is way stronger than Aquaman. I would have ended with Namor just punching Aqusman out like Hulk did to Thor in the MCU Avengers and the guys mentioning oh yes, this one has a bad temper.

LOL, that's too funny! When did this come out? The creators gave Aquaman a win here but they forgot to mention Namor is the original. I'm also sure Namor is way stronger than Aquaman. I would have ended with Namor just punching Aqusman out like Hulk did to Thor in the MCU Avengers and the guys mentioning oh yes, this one has a bad temper.
    Namor use to be much stronger than Aquaman. For a long time in Namor's history was one of the strongest people in the MU. Known to topple the Hulk on multiple occasions. However, the years have not been as kind to him as they have been to Aquaman. While DC continued to try to elevate Aquaman status Marvel has done it's best to continue to stomp on Namor's.

It also should be noted that Namor has also communicated with sea life in the past on a few occasions. Not in the same manner as Aquaman but still. I think the reason why that aspect of Namor's powerset rarely comes out is due to the fact that in most instance there is/was very little fish could do that he could not mange to do own his own or handle. (The guy can beat the Hulk, why would he need fish?)
    And Marvel did not want to be seen as "copying " Aquaman's "trademark" ability.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 04-04-2018 at 02:27 PM.

this was interesting considering Aquaman's been the butt of jokes on Family Guy for years. I don't think I ever recall seeing Namor get mentioned on mainstream shows or big network channels. It's just poking fun nothing to be taken too serious they poke fun at all the superheroes they bring up now and than. I just thought it was good exposure for Namor.

The episode premiered on Sunday

Veteran Guy
    The guys are forced to join the coast guard.

Season: 16 Episode: 14
    First Aired: April 1, 2018
    The J-man