Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    even dumber. Bishop and Jean alone far more superior
    put Emma with Scott and Logan

Well writers doesn't let Jean breath and develop to be a popular character.

but that would be fun and cringe Emma going after a Jean ex.
    As if people actually read Age of X-Man outside of the fandom. As if any of the characters acknowledged it.

Thanks for the review, friend!

Fun issue and I was pleasantly surprised by the twists with the telepathic illusions. Having Yellowjacket think he escaped and could take a nap was funny. I'll definitely need to read those data pages again, haha.

So cute. If Emma starts stepping towards the dark side maybe Lucas can keep her grounded.

I thought everyone looked so good here.

And I love how Erik TWICE shot down Pyro for wanting to kill Yellowjacket.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Thanks for the review, friend!

Fun issue and I was pleasantly surprised by the twists with the telepathic illusions. Having Yellowjacket think he escaped and could take a nap was funny. I'll definitely need to read those data pages again, haha.

So cute. If Emma starts stepping towards the dark side maybe Lucas can keep her grounded.

I thought everyone looked so good here.

And I love how Erik TWICE shot down Pyro for wanting to kill Yellowjacket.
    That's now my new ship *_* they could adopt Pyro too.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvatore Frost View Post
    As if people actually read Age of X-Man outside of the fandom. As if any of the characters acknowledged it.
    It doesn't matter if people read, it is canon at this point

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

So Jean didn't kiss Pyro.
    I would prefer if Marvel made this Pyro gay to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    So Jean didn't kiss Pyro.
    I would prefer if Marvel made this Pyro gay to be honest.
    I hope he's bi. We need some bi representation.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    It wasn't the worst, but I'm really growing tired of the use of Pyro and his lack of depth. He just wants to burn **** up and crack jokes. What about his writing career? What about his death from the Legacy Virus? What about his Brotherhood friends? And it doesn't help that he looks even twinkier than the second Pyro.
    Twinkier ? He looks like a sort of American cake ?

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I hope he's bi. We need some bi representation.
    Wasn't the other Pyro bi? I meant I know he knocked Bobby's boots but I thought he was bi.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Not every story needs the same A-B-C-1-2-3 pacing. It's okay for plot threads to be drawn out if the story is good.
    Absolutely not to mention their were more than a few people calling Xaviers Ressurection rushed because of his fast it all went.

The book is always a lot of fun. But do you guys also think it has a very fast pace? Every issue feels so quick to me, that the feelings of characters are not very well adressed.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel909 View Post
    Twinkier ? He looks like a sort of American cake ?
    Twink is a term to describe a young looking gay man.

Yeah I kind of hope Duggan delves into other aspects of Pyro.

The Brotherhood. Is actually the only thing i'd like referenced.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Duggan is good at this one-issue stuff.
    9/10.
    "Cable was right!"

Mighty Member

Not a lot of important stuff happened in this issue, i mean, nothing that we didn't expect wasn't going to happen.

The biggest take away I have is, what exactly is the logistics of the five cause Kitty being unable to be revived doesn't really make sense unless there's a hiccup somewhere.

Either

1. With the five, in which case WHY? If she's not a mutant, she's still a human, they should be able to cook that up no problem
    2. With Cerebro, in which case: Really Xavier, in all your years doing this, you didn't once notice that Kitty wasn't being saved? REALLY?!
    3. With Krakoa, in which case: Seriously what did Kitty do? It's like she pissed in the island's cereal or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    This was quite dense. Long review.

The comic opens up with the preview. After Jean's invitation, Pyro kisses her and they ride off on the Krakoan beach while he sings out loud.

But of course it wasn't real. Emma and Bishop meet in Emma's mindscape, which looks like a theatre. Emma is sitting in front of the stage as the director, rearranging cardboards of Pyro and Jean on stage, showing that she's been making up the illusion of Jean and Pyro in Pyro's mind. She tells Bishop to meet her at the cove (and she also explains that she's recreating the Jean/Pyro illusion from her memories of trash television shows lol).

Bishop does some badass parkour to reach Emma, who is sitting in front of Pyro keeping him still and trapped in the illusion. She explains that she found Yellowjacket and she's now wondering what to do with him. Bishop gives Emma his jacket because she's freezing (he's a cutiepie) and then suggests a plan of action (he's also smart, marry me).

Emma turns off the illusion and Yellowjacket understands he's been discovered. He instantly has his submarine grow bigger and he kills Pyro making him explode from the inside (rather gruesome). Emma is shook and before she can get Yellowjacket he shoots her in the head and kills her. Bishop tries to get him but he's able to escape.

Rather long Datapage: our friend from X_Desk gives a brief explanation of the Madripoor situation. Verendi is not really interested in local governance of the island even though they've bought out the government and probably killed the royal family (I guess it means Tiger Tiger). The local triads are happy to work with them if it means more money and the've also placed Donald Pierce in a diplomatic place as United Nations ambassador. Chen Zhao is also working with them (we've been knew) and she's apparently a central figure in the reorganization of the island's governement.

There's a reference to Pollen and the fact that, even though Krakoan medicines can be turned into narcotics, there's no indication that the mutants have anything to do with it.

The X-Desk also knows about the Arizona Morlock community but they're not worried about them.

The Hellfire Trading Company has also establishing a charity that helps anyone that lives on Earth.

Last bit of info... Emma seems to be preparing for a big party on Krakoa (Tiki Bar opening?).

Back to the comicbook... turns out that the Yellowjacket escape was actually another sofisticated illusion. He's still trapped inside Pyro and the Stepford Cuckoos are keeping him locked and looking inside his head for information., while also erasing his mind. Magneto is also there and he extracts Yellowjacket from Pyro and throws him into the ocean.

Bishop wants to talk with Emma but she says it'd have to wait until Kate is resurrected.
    After that, she and Pyro mirror Destiny and Pyro's scene from HoX: she projects their astral form to the Inner Circle of Verendi in Madripoor and lets Pyro "burn" them psychically. They're actually fine but they felt the same pain that they would have felt if Pyro had really set them on fire. She threatens them not to mess with Krakoa again.

Emma then goes to Arbor Magna, where we find out that Kate cannot be resurrected. They don't know why and Emma is quite down after this. She says she might have to return to her old, darker habits now.

In the end we see Lockheed. He's now fully healed and he brings a piece of fish to the girl that rescued him as a thank you gift, and then he flies away, possibly heading back to Krakoa. They're about to find out about Shaw!

We get Beast's brief about X-Force investigation about Pyro and Yellowjacket. They'll establish a new protocol to telepathically check every mutant that comes to the Island through a ship. The protocol will be like an instant telepathic handshake (like when a cellphone connects to a cell). Beast got an invitation for Emm'as big party.

Overally a lovely issue. Emma, Bishop and Pyro were really nice and got to shine. Nice to see the Cuckoos.
    I wish I was missing Kate but I still have X-Men/FF in mind, so that's not the case.
    Still: she can wear the Pretender moniker too now, since she's not really a mutant… Fun.
    I also wish I was fine with the brutality displayed in that comics, but I'm not.
    And the Kraked will end-up like the humans in Wall-E, with all that partying/lazying around they are indulging in, it's a nation of jet-setters.
    Logan was right: the island makes them dull.

2/5

I liked Bishop and Emma working on this case. Didn't care about Pyro fantasies and obviously, the violence.
    I Don't know if the writer thinks it's making this title edgy, but it certainly doesn't come across that way for me at least.
    Art was good enough to outweigh some of the above though.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."