Page 22 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Call me high on crack cocaine...but I think the Dolphins might be the surprise contender in the AFC East next year
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Damn. Now people might start talking about the Bills overtaking the Patriots in the AFC East for real. With or without Brady leaving.
    The Bills have done very well. I mean they already had John Brown who had 1,000+ yards receiving and Cole Beasley who had 700+ yards. Now Allen gets Diggs who is a pure #1 guy paired with those 2. Then you have Devin Singletary at RB. The only question mark is Josh Allen...can he take that next step as a QB ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Call me high on crack cocaine...but I think the Dolphins might be the surprise contender in the AFC East next year
    The Big G comes to the thread...

X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

If Brady doesn't return to New England (I remain convinced he will), that'll put the division pretty much up for grabs. So, yeah, why not Miami, or Buffalo, especially after they traded for Stefon Diggs.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Instead of delaying free agency, the NFL gave us a distraction we desperately needed

These are strange days, to put it mildly.

Essentially all of the American sports landscape is barren, save for one sport — the one league that never misses an opportunity to treat a minor event like a major one if it means ad revenue: the NFL.

When Monday began, it seemed ridiculous that the NFL was going to press forward with business as usual, frivolous in a frantic time. As the country continued grappling with the coronavirus pandemic and the negative impact it could have on millions of citizens as well as the economy, everything related to NFL free agency could have waited.

But as the day went on, it provided a welcomed distraction.

During normal times, Twitter is like a giant sports bar, with everyone debating best games or arguing over play calls or looking for fantasy advice.

On Monday, with so many of us working from home — well, some of us were working from home, others may have loved the distractions being outside of the office provides — and nothing else sports-related to discuss, it was even better. Selection Sunday, which usually would have dominated the day in sports headlines, was canceled by coronavirus, and spring training, soccer and a host of other events have been halted too.

Everyone was on social media, or so it seemed, including players, and we all got to react in real time to what was happening.
    I for one warmly welcomed the distraction from all-coronavirus news, all the time.

Bengals use Franchise tag on Aj Green. he said he will play but most likely wont show up for off season mini camps or work outs to show his displeasure for not getting a long term deal.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Thats how meesed up the Bengals are. They have a guy who wants to play for them. Wants a long term deal. And they cant get it done.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Fox News just reported that Tom Brady is leaving the Pats. He tweeted about this a few minutes ago.

https://twitter.com/TomBrady?ref_src...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Fox News just reported that Tom Brady is leaving the Pats. He tweeted about this a few minutes ago.

https://twitter.com/TomBrady?ref_src...Ctwgr%5Eauthor
    I'll believe that when he's at a presser for a new team and putting on their jersey.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I'll believe that when he's at a presser for a new team and putting on their jersey.
    Brady just tweeted his goodbye to the team. Unless Kraft jumps in right now...Brady seems to have his bags packed.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

TB or LAC?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Sure they've got more picks than anyone but that's a lot of development for a team that doesn't do development. A productive 16 game effort from Fitzpatrick seems a lot to ask, he's good for a 4 game benching every season. Shoutout to Flores but they caught people off guard last season just to get to those few wins. I also feel the last 20 years the pre-draft 'surprise contender' in the AFC East is ALWAYS Miami, then the season starts and well, yea.

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Anyone kinda find it deliciously ironic that Tom announces the end of his Patriots career on St. Patty's Day? Normally such a happy day in bean town is now a day of sorrow XD

It seems the big two are ether the Chargers or Tampa Bay. I think he would be better off with Tampa.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Anyone kinda find it deliciously ironic that Tom announces the end of his Patriots career on St. Patty's Day? Normally such a happy day in bean town is now a day of sorrow XD
    And fans can't go get drunk and commiserate at the local watering hole because of you-know-what.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Sure they've got more picks than anyone but that's a lot of development for a team that doesn't do development. A productive 16 game effort from Fitzpatrick seems a lot to ask, he's good for a 4 game benching every season. Shoutout to Flores but they caught people off guard last season just to get to those few wins. I also feel the last 20 years the pre-draft 'surprise contender' in the AFC East is ALWAYS Miami, then the season starts and well, yea.

As someone who actually watched very Dolphin game last year you could not be more wrong about development. Under old regimes you would be right but last year was all about development as a majority of their players had no business even being on an NFL roster which showed early on as they went 0-7. But then as the great coaching and development kicked in they went 5-4 down the stretch. There were no surprises the second half of the season as they were competitive in almost all their last games while starting guys at cornerback like Nik Needham as our #1 cornerback who started the season on a practice squad.

Now this season we have two of the top corners in the league, neither of whom played for the Dolphins last year (Xavien Howard was on IR all season), while still have guys like the aforementioned Needham. If we can generate any offense at all the division race could be interesting.

I will grant you that all of us will be holding our breaths to see if Fitzmagic turns to Fitztragic though since that his typical career arc.