Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Can anyone tell me what are Black Tom's powers exactly? I read he losts some powers after M-DAY. What makes him a good choice for his position in Krakoa?

And was that Guido and Selene together!?! When did this happen? Does she likes him because he was the ruler of hell and that appeals to her?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    it doesn't need 3 years and relationships aren't fillers

there a relationship still there. ANd i guess if taylor upped it other writers should follow it. All new wolverine was one of the best x-men books of the decade
    It wasn't even started by Taylor.

Logan legally adopted her as his daughter during Liu's run. And he outright SAID he wanted to give her a family.

Logan was the one who put her on the medevac chopper after Arena (which Bendis fumbled in ANXM).

And their relationship was one of the driving parts of Laura's arc during/after Death of Wolverine.

The fact is that whatever Kyle has said about their intentions, most of the fans AND the writers didn't agree. Which TBH, once a writer no longer writes a studio-owned character, their views on who they are are nothing more than opinion (keep in mind, Kyle said he intended Laura to remain permanently prepubescent, even though not even LOGAN'S Healing Factor worked that way). What matters is what's on the page.

BANNED

I don't recall when Logan actually adopted her officially or legally.

During Liu's run, Liu clearly differentiated between her and Jubilee's with Logan and how much she protected Jubilee rather than X-23. Even during Hama's Wild Thing, Logan treated Rina as her own daughter rather than some outward character like Laura.

I am not sure how many writers were involved when they wrote X-Force lol. Only Kyle/Yost IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    This was pretty good. Lots to unpack too.
    - First, it's great to see Cassara back. I don't like Bazaldua and I'm glad to see someone bringing Percy's script to life in a fitting way.
    - The tiki bar scene was pretty great! It's nice to see all these people together, with the current Sniktfam actually spending some time together without much time to waste on reunions and Daken/Wolverine drama. As someone traumatized by Daniel Way's Wolverine, skipping his legacy is always good. The fight scene was also a lot of fun.
    - So, Jean is finally getting some of that good, juicy angst that comes from dealing with X-Force. So, Phoenix Force, being victim of fake news and having to deal with ethical problems. That's three out three things that make her and Scott closer as people. Neat.
    - Piotr definitely requested Domino's resurrection to be manipulated, in case that entire page of her making him promise she would remember it wasn't a dead giveaway. Was it a misguided display of love or whatever he's been going through since his mission in Russia? And when is he going to be accounted as actual part of the team?
    - Black Tom continues to be an absolute treasure and must be protected at all costs.
    - The situation in Terra Verde came back to bite X-Force's ass faster than I thought it would. I guess the organic sentinels might not be on Nimrod's level of near future threats, but still, the situation is pretty fucked up. Also, Beast trying his all to hide this from Jean is absolutely LOVELY. McCoy is a damn hypocrite and it's about time people accept this as part of his charm and his character. This is who he has been for years and should continue to be.

Great issue. 9/10.
    I'm all for a 4/4 for Jean and Cyclops: Jean cheats on him, then he dies while Jean gets a new romance.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    I don't recall when Logan actually adopted her officially or legally.

During Liu's run, Liu clearly differentiated between her and Jubilee's with Logan and how much she protected Jubilee rather than X-23. Even during Hama's Wild Thing, Logan treated Rina as her own daughter rather than some outward character like Laura.

I am not sure how many writers were involved when they wrote X-Force lol. Only Kyle/Yost IIRC.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Yeah, Logan adopted Laura after X-Force but Marvel messed it up that relationship by having Laura spend more time with GAMBIT ffs, babysitting the Richards' kids and joining Pym's school. Then they topped that by making Logan look so incompetent that he didn't know she got snatched by Arcade and then the Purifiers who she can easily f*ck up.

Thanks, Marvel.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Yeah, Logan adopted Laura after X-Force but Marvel messed it up that relationship by having Laura spend more time with GAMBIT ffs, babysitting the Richards' kids and joining Pym's school. Then they topped that by making Logan look so incompetent that he didn't know she got snatched by Arcade and then the Purifiers who she can easily f*ck up.

Thanks, Marvel.
    And some people want to adress all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    And some people want to adress all that.
    If someone has enough free time to do that, they should be working on curing this Covid thing.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz That was not real WOLVERINE...... That was some demon. Nice bait

If someone has enough free time to do that, they should be working on curing this Covid thing.
    There is so much **** and bad blood among all the mutants that practically everyone has a reason to hate everyone else. You can't write a team book like that.

BANNED

Thanks, Marvel.
    Logan never adapted her. I have seem people trying this bait. Good Luck

BANNED

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz That was not real WOLVERINE...... That was some demon. Nice bait
    No, that was NOT Hellverine. The carnival scene was a flashback to sometime BEFORE the Wolverine in Hell story arc. Nice try, though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    No, that was NOT Hellverine. The carnival scene was a flashback to sometime BEFORE the Wolverine in Hell story arc. Nice try, though.
    That was not Hellverine, neither a flashback. It was a dream, which chased her when she woke up. Again nice bait

Last edited by Vishop; 03-20-2020 at 06:03 AM.

The circus scene was a flashback Laura had before the Hellverine thing.
    "Cable was right!"

Spectacular Member

Nah she was dreaming. I will just post whole sequence.
    She isn't dreaming, and you didn't post the whole sequence, and it seems like you omitted the first page to obscure that it started with "THEN," indicating that it is a flashback. There's literally nothing in the issue to indicate that was a dream at all.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ISnowNothin; 03-21-2020 at 09:59 AM.