Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Speaking on his suit, I would to see him get another as well. I don't mind the color scheme I just don't like the design on the torso.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    And the suit has flamethrowers.
    Flamethrowers, eh? I guess no one read the Geneva Convention, Protocol III, which forbids the use of flamethrowers against enemies. Or was Sam planning on clearing brush somewhere in Harlem?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Even though I'm among the older fans that remember his original suit, I'm all for Sam getting and keeping an upgrade to his suit. I think when the day, age and climate that he exists in as a hero. A guy with regular strength and physicality, that flies with an exposed costume just isn't smart. Let's lean into the connection with Black Panther and see him get an upgrade to a winged suit that offers protection and maybe even some level of enhancement. I feel that similar to how Cyborg is treated like somehow he is better off with a stagnant or regressed aesthetic while all his peers continue to "level up".
    This has been my argument on on how comic artists always wanted to dress un-powered females in skin revealing outfits. Mockingbird with her bare legs exposed or Psylock in her bathing suit for example. Un-powered heroes should have protection for their bodies.

As far as an upgrade to Sam's suit.... am against something that enhances his strength, etc...and while I want him to have better protection I would want it to be more along the lines of the usual, common body armor (Cap's chainmail or kevlar) instead of some exotic Black Panther supplied thing. Pretty much just from the stand point of not needing to keep going back to BP if/when it gets damaged.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Flamethrowers, eh? I guess no one read the Geneva Convention, Protocol III, which forbids the use of flamethrowers against enemies. Or was Sam planning on clearing brush somewhere in Harlem?
    There was a good arc where he fought Vampires. Burned them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    This has been my argument on on how comic artists always wanted to dress un-powered females in skin revealing outfits. Mockingbird with her bare legs exposed or Psylock in her bathing suit for example. Un-powered heroes should have protection for their bodies.

As far as an upgrade to Sam's suit.... am against something that enhances his strength, etc...and while I want him to have better protection I would want it to be more along the lines of the usual, common body armor (Cap's chainmail or kevlar) instead of some exotic Black Panther supplied thing. Pretty much just from the stand point of not needing to keep going back to BP if/when it gets damaged.
    The wings are Black Panther supplied anyway. Unless something has changed and he can make the wings himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post

I hear you. My thinking is more along the practical. We talking comics, lol yes I know that but when you consider that Sam does a whole lot of taking off and landing, even good landings over a period of time will cause wear and tear on a body. Especially considering a normal man. I don't suggest anything that is Luke Cage level power up but something to help with lower body stability, endurance, and functionality.

There was a good arc where he fought Vampires. Burned them up.
    I figured there was a good reason. Still, it violates the Geneva Convention. Even if the enemy is vampires, zombies, or other undead. Oddly enough, nuking them is perfectly ok.

The wings are Black Panther supplied anyway. Unless something has changed and he can make the wings himself.
    Yep, Wakandan tech is responsible for the flight harness. Fortunately, this is comics, but in a more realistic setting those wings would need regular maintenance and/or replacement. I dare you to go take a ride on a hang glider that hasn't been serviced in months. Plus, we all know villains would make a point of shooting holes through them, or ripping the wings right off of him altogether. If it can happen to Warren Worthington, Blue Eagle, Nighthawk and Red Raven, it can happen to Sam. Those wings aren't indestructible, and Sam is no genius engineer who can tend to his own tech. Fortunately, Marvel writers want us all to enjoy the bliss of this obvious blind spot, so forget I said anything.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Yep, Wakandan tech is responsible for the flight harness. Fortunately, this is comics, but in a more realistic setting those wings would need regular maintenance and/or replacement. I dare you to go take a ride on a hang glider that hasn't been serviced in months. Plus, we all know villains would make a point of shooting holes through them, or ripping the wings right off of him altogether. If it can happen to Warren Worthington, Blue Eagle, Nighthawk and Red Raven, it can happen to Sam. Those wings aren't indestructible, and Sam is no genius engineer who can tend to his own tech. Fortunately, Marvel writers want us all to enjoy the bliss of this obvious blind spot, so forget I said anything.
    They could say he goes to the WK embassy or consulate to get maintenance.

That would make a nice Falcon/WS arc. Sam showing that W provides maintenance service for approved heroes and villains who cant do it themselves.
    Last edited by Cville; 03-30-2020 at 05:07 PM.

Invincible Member

This guy usually does videos about social issues, but this is an interesting take on MCU Falcon

https://ew.com/article/2016/08/25/ca...-zombie-movie/

In Kirby’s story, the Madbombs were devised by a wealthy secret society known as the Elite, who planned to set off a massive one during the American bicentennial, reducing the country to anarchy so it could be rebuilt as an oligarchy. (Rich guys dismantling democracy by stoking unhinged rage in everyday Americans until they turn on each other? How far-fetched!)

The fascist footsoldiers of the Elite’s Royalist Forces of America helped enact the plan and were prepared to enforce order on the devastated country after the dust and madness had dissipated.
    Fascinating. I still think this could be a story done with Falcon and Bucky in their new TV show. Just make Sam Wilson in the Captain America role. Might as well.

Better look at the new suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Better look at the new suit.

That is definitively his best looking Falcon costume. Adding some more color to it does wonders.

It's a shame this wasn't his suit around when they synergized him in Avengers Assemble because this would've looked better in animation than his last suit did.

very good photo. I wonder if the show will come out next year.