Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: UXM 16 Spoilers

why did Rosenberg feel the need to kill Rahne off? To make the story more shocking? Did he not like her?
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post
    why did Rosenberg feel the need to kill Rahne off? To make the story more shocking? Did he not like her?
    Hopefully, her death will be explained next issue.

We have a lot of hanging unexplained storylines from Rosenberg like what happened to Tran, Warlock, what powers does Dani have etc.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post
    He'd almost gone a few issues without needlessly killing a character. He just couldn't quit cold turkey

Maintaining suspension of disbelief with hanging plot lines on a bridge loaded over capacity in 24 rush hour bumper to bumper traffic on a road endlessly under construction is causation and condition of straining infrastructure becaus'ing th'our age of the condensing cloud. Still here, because who's stubborn, and a car is place to be and also in that thought exercise of using public transport, you felt free as that pigeon who heralded this very reverie from where you sat in the driver seat and in your mind escaped to walk lightly down the steps into the tunnel, to easily catch your train in stride only to be trapped in the forever long delay - captured without conditions for parole, locked in, too late and running late and then this horrific vision of that very same pigeon casually walking to your window, pecking here and there at tiny morsels of something or nothing outside with the sights and sounds and feral air...so you scroll through solicits and float...

Satisfy unsatisfied.

So it works! That's suspension of disbelief! Ta-dah! Not so spectacular, or amazing. Uncanny? I don't know. Believe in what?

Buy hey, we have time to talk, and you say Rosenberg is friends with Bendis and is intentionally ignoring his X-Men run!? Well that's an odd sort of gravity. Then again, WOR is before this and not out until tomorrow...which isn't entropy...but kind of like waiting in line at a self-checkout, hard to believe this place and line will be here much longer or even as long as the wait might be.
    Last edited by sungila; 04-22-2019 at 11:55 AM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Based on today's X-Men Monday, it looks like Rahne's death very well may not stick.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Based on today's X-Men Monday, it looks like Rahne's death very well may not stick.
    I don’t think any of these deaths will be permanent by the end of his run.

I hope so. Because I’m very sad. Never felt this way from a comic book.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    Maintaining suspension of disbelief with hanging plot lines on a bridge loaded over capacity in 24 rush hour bumper to bumper traffic on a road endlessly under construction is causation and condition of straining infrastructure becaus'ing th'our age of the condensing cloud. Still here, because who's stubborn, and a car is place to be and also in that thought exercise of using public transport, you felt free as that pigeon who heralded this very reverie from where you sat in the driver seat and in your mind escaped to walk lightly down the steps into the tunnel, to easily catch your train in stride only to be trapped in the forever long delay - captured without conditions for parole, locked in, too late and running late and then this horrific vision of that very same pigeon casually walking to your window, pecking here and there at tiny morsels of something or nothing outside with the sights and sounds and feral air...so you scroll through solicits and float...

Satisfy unsatisfied.

So it works! That's suspension of disbelief! Ta-dah! Not so spectacular, or amazing. Uncanny? I don't know. Believe in what?

Buy hey, we have time to talk, and you say Rosenberg is friends with Bendis and is intentionally ignoring his X-Men run!? Well that's an odd sort of gravity. Then again, WOR is before this and not out until tomorrow...which isn't entropy...but kind of like waiting in line at a self-checkout, hard to believe this place and line will be here much longer or even as long as the wait might be.
    Haha great post!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I don’t think any of these deaths will be permanent by the end of his run.
    There i sbig chances of Hickman retconning it woth Hox/POx

BANNED

Marvel won't bring back dead characters so soon or else deaths would be meaningless look at Scott and Logan.

Matt said 3 women, 3 men.

Women - Blindfold, Loa, Rahne
    Men - Guido, Joseph, ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    There i sbig chances of Hickman retconning it woth Hox/POx
    I doubt it because those are minor characterrs

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    I doubt it because those are minor characterrs
    Hickman likes to use minor characters, he works with huge casts

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    How does character catch on without being used ? What Storyline did they give to Cannonball in the X-men book when he was on a roster? I will wait........... Yeah you won't be able to give an answer because when they put Cannonball on the biggest stage they never really used him. Characters are popular because they get story progression in good stories. You put Cyclops and Jean for 2 panels doing nothing of course nobody will want to see them again either.It is self fulling prophecy you never use characters for real stories they can never become A-list or important to the franchise.

Also the last thing every time people use this argument they go straight to the most popular characters Jean Grey, Cyclops,Wolverine like they aren't other options to replace. Ain't nobody talking about replacing the big guns we are talking about the middle ground. For example I will break out a little poll that Jordan White did a little while back

Based on the poll Jubilee over Iceman, Fans would rather see X-23 than Colossus, Emma Frost than Beast, Cannonball rather than Havok, Chamber rather than Angel, Magik or Moonstar over Banshee,etc. X-men books are stagnant as hell because they keep trotting out the same tired characters when they are Fresh concepts around.
    a poll? that's what you're going off of? how many people voted? 500? Cannonball was on an x-team. he was a member during onslaught, as well as on rogues uncanny team; and again i say, he was in the avengers and got some progress. not sure why you don't think any of that doesn't matter or count.
    Last edited by jpmst17; 04-22-2019 at 05:53 PM.

BANNED

#11 - Purifiers and Reavers
    #12 - The O.N.E.
    #13 - Dark Beast
    #14 - Marauders
    #15 - Mutant Liberation Front
    #16 - Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

#1 War of Realms - Nanny and Orphan maker

Whereas in the past (Red, Blue), one villain would take 6 to 12 issues to resolve.

This is going too fast.
    Last edited by jalsrix; 04-22-2019 at 06:04 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    a poll? that's what you're going off of? how many people voted? 500? Cannonball was on an x-team. he was a member during onslaught, as well as on rogues uncanny team; and again i say, he was in the avengers and got some progress. not sure why you don't think any of that doesn't matter or count.
    I didn't knew and didn't vote in that poll so it's not significant.

If the poll was opened much longer (like half a year) with more voters , the results would have been different.

So just treat it with a pinch of salt.