Page 100 of 301 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 4503
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I have 3 favourite X-characters, Rachel, Emma, and Jean. I would be perfectly happy if they all got a chance to be on a book together for once. My greatest hope is a story that requires them to work together to defeat someone. I know this would probably be the Shadow King since he is the post powerful telepathic enemy, but I would really like to see Emma, Jean, and Rachel working together to take down someone like the Shadow King.
    It would be great, just add Betsy who has a very personal grudge with the Shadow King!

Ignoring market realities etc, it really would be fun to have some more "unconventional" team-ups among the X-Men in an anthology book or similar. Emma, Jean, Betsy & Rachel would be fascinating, and is an opportunity for creativity beyond "strong person, TK person, Flight person etc" teams.

I just re-read the X-Men Legacy #226-227 two-part arc with Rogue, Gambit, Danger & Trance taking out Moonstone during Utopia, and it's a really fun combo of powers against a well-chosen villain.

And, of course, Emma Frost is the perfect person to be operating outside of traditional X-Men structure (even if she's on an X-Men team too!) assembling teams to proactively face threats, based on who is available.

Throwing another team out there off the top of my head:
    Emma, Surge, Jeanne-Marie Beaubier and Quicksilver would be a contentious mix of personalities, which would be fun against a suitable villain. I dunno, Trevor Fitzroy? I bet a writer could come up with a way to use telepathy & speed against him and obviously Emma would hate him (even an alt-universe version).

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    Ignoring market realities etc, it really would be fun to have some more "unconventional" team-ups among the X-Men in an anthology book or similar. Emma, Jean, Betsy & Rachel would be fascinating, and is an opportunity for creativity beyond "strong person, TK person, Flight person etc" teams.

I just re-read the X-Men Legacy #226-227 two-part arc with Rogue, Gambit, Danger & Trance taking out Moonstone during Utopia, and it's a really fun combo of powers against a well-chosen villain.

And, of course, Emma Frost is the perfect person to be operating outside of traditional X-Men structure (even if she's on an X-Men team too!) assembling teams to proactively face threats, based on who is available.

Emma, Surge, Jeanne-Marie Beaubier and Quicksilver would be a contentious mix of personalities, which would be fun against a suitable villain. I dunno, Trevor Fitzroy? I bet a writer could come up with a way to use telepathy & speed against him and obviously Emma would hate him (even an alt-universe version).
    Emma would probably end up slapping Pietro at some point since he is such a tool, he deserves to be slapped more than any other character.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Emma would probably end up slapping Pietro at some point since he is such a tool, he deserves to be slapped more than any other character.
    I see your Pietro and raise you Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post

Market realities? Emma's solo book sold over 50k issues. That's really good for a main line book like Uncanny and excellent for a SOLO X-Men series. It sold more than any other solo issues.

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I see your Pietro and raise you Alex.
    Yeah, slap him until he’s back to his 90’s self (closer to his brother, the responsible member of X-Factor).....as well as Pietro..

Rumor reported from twitter. No idea about its credibility.

https://twitter.com/LadyGagaVegas/st...48194978893824

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    Market realities? Emma's solo book sold over 50k issues. That's really good for a main line book like Uncanny and excellent for a SOLO X-Men series. It sold more than any other solo issues.

That was 16 years ago, let's not be silly.

Emma works as a character best juxtaposed against the likes of Kitty and Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    That was 16 years ago, let's not be silly.

Emma works as a character best juxtaposed against the likes of Kitty and Jean.
    I don't think it is silly, From everything I have seen Emma is probably the break out X-character of 2000s along with X-23. I have seen numerous writers all say they love Emma and Emma has fanbase that surprisingly big I would bet money she is one of top ten most popular X-men. The comment 50k (X-man black Emma sold 55,731 ) was in response to Market realities comment and while that might not be numbers she would put up as ongoing. I think fair to say some fans (and Marvel) underestimate Emma I think she could put up 30k that X23 or Spider Gwen operate around. I think she could pull off something similar in solo concept to what Livewire at Valiant is doing where the government is against for "terrorist actions" and she fighting back against the corrupt government to protect her universe version mutants. Emma could pull off a solo book.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 05-27-2019 at 11:38 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I don't think it is silly, From everything I have seen Emma is probably the break out X-character of 2000s along with X-23. I have seen numerous writers all say they love Emma and Emma has fanbase that surprisingly big I would bet money she is one of top ten most popular X-men. The comment 50k (X-man black Emma sold 55,731 ) was in response to Market realities comment and while that might not be numbers she would put up as ongoing. I think fair to say some fans (and Marvel) underestimate Emma I think she could put up 30k that X23 or Spider Gwen operate around. I think she could pull off something similar in solo concept to what Livewire at Valiant is doing where the government is against for "terrorist actions" and she fighting back against the corrupt government to protect her universe version mutants. Emma could pull off a solo book.
    Emma is one of my favourite characters, I'm quite aware of her orginal break out under Morrison, i was here for it. I thought that other poster was talking about her solo comic, not X-Men black.

I'm sure she could carry a solo for a few arcs, but i have to question the necessity of it. Cyclops, Jean, Storm fans are always all clamouring for solos, and sometimes the idea is much better than the execution, esp with the way some of the current crop of writers try to white wash her history.

It sounds like she's gonna get sone good attention from Hickman anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    I'm sure she could carry a solo for a few arcs, but i have to question the necessity of it. Cyclops, Jean, Storm fans are always all clamouring for solos, and sometimes the idea is much better than the execution, esp with the way some of the current crop of writers try to white wash her history.
    I am saying this someone who isn't necessarily fan of Emma. I am more of a fan what she brings to the table in books and I have grown to respect that aspect of the character.Also no disrespect to those other characters Emma is more versatile in what she brings to table. Just saying Marvel is out here giving Aero,Swordmaster, Black Cat,Valkyrie and Loki books, Shuri,Wasp and Ironheart has books. People shouldn't be so quick to dismiss a solo/ongoing with some of the stuff companies are pushing out.

If there's gonna by any "solo" that involves Emma it should be "Hellfire Club" which she turns into a underground mutant "protection group" ala X-Force. Add in support for not only conventional protection but real life support too like attorneys, jobs, etc.

Fill em with mutants who realize that Xavier's dream isn't really enough in reality. Cyclops and now play 2nd fiddle to Emma as her Sgt at Arms

Who am I kidding I'm just shilling for both of them again. IDC I'll stand by my ship dammit

I think a new direction for Emma might work. She loses all her wealth and money for being a mutant, so she must battle without political or financial resources on her side. She would seem like less of a rich bitch to some people.

BANNED

a solo would work with a good writer (applies to any character)

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Squall13 View Post
    If there's gonna by any "solo" that involves Emma it should be "Hellfire Club" which she turns into a underground mutant "protection group" ala X-Force. Add in support for not only conventional protection but real life support too like attorneys, jobs, etc.

Fill em with mutants who realize that Xavier's dream isn't really enough in reality. Cyclops and now play 2nd fiddle to Emma as her Sgt at Arms

Who am I kidding I'm just shilling for both of them again. IDC I'll stand by my ship dammit
    The thing is that they could even be co-leaders, like they were headmasters, but there's really no one that would follow Emma that wouldn't follow Scott, but the reverse is very much true.