Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    iMan 42s

And yet they still wont bother to fix things that are indeed broken or go out of their way to make lemonade from the lemons prior writers made.

Just because it's a quirky little book doesn't make me excited. It makes me frustrated that they felt the need to get people's hopes up, dash them, and then reveal it was for a book that undoubtedly will not be thought of again in 2 years time. It is the case with the _____ the Marvel Universe books. Nobody remembers them some odd years out outside of maybe a Deadpool book or mobile games who are scrambling to make content based on the characters present.

I'm glad Cosmic Ghost Rider fans got the title, but that's just not worth it for the audience Marvel.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Not interested at last, I can't understand why a character like this Cosmic Ghost Rider has a series, it is not a Wolverine or Deadpool case.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    Not interested at last, I can't understand why a character like this Cosmic Ghost Rider has a series, it is not a Wolverine or Deadpool case.
    They hope it will be. And they will probably push out as much as they can until the novelty wears off. Which is fine, that's really how this stuff should work.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    They hope it will be. And they will probably push out as much as they can until the novelty wears off. Which is fine, that's really how this stuff should work.
    Like what they did these years with the Inhumans?

With all these announcements from yesterday, I really though it will be an homage to Stan Lee, but seeing this, i'm highly disappointed.

Extraordinary Member

With all these announcements from yesterday, I really though it will be an homage to Stan Lee, but seeing this, i'm highly disappointed.
    No, the Inhumans was not in response to readers liking something. More like Spider-Gwen or Gwenpool. Something that has caught on.

But, yes, the teaser's did not seem to match what was revealed.

March is way too early for Stan stuff. It'll happen, and we're already getting the covers in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    Looks like we got an answer, it's all about Cosmic Ghost Rider messing with the timeline:
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Cosmic Ghost Rider?

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    Oh..... no...no...no....no....no
    Jason Aaron Star Wars Omnibus comes out in early March
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Yeah...
    So far, it sounds to me like someone actively tries to prevent certain things from happening, to eliminate the heroes...

The FF are 'saved' from the Cosmic Rays that gave them their powers, Spider-Man is kept from coming out of retirement, the Avengers never find Captain America, the Phoenix comsumes Jean Grey instead of leaving her in a cocoon....
    Leaving the Marvel Universe in a weakened state..

And someone has to go back and 'restore' all those events to save the future.

That's my theory.
    Decent theory.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I called this on the X-Boards! I'm a genius!

Also, Marvel successfully got the internet to freak out about a quirky comedy book. Never doubt the marketing department again.
    Yes, it's so easy to send fans into meltdown mode. Had people just waited a day, they'd see that, oh wait, Marvel isn't actually destroying their history.

As for what this actually is, I'm not overly interested. But I don't begrudge its existence, either. And it definitely explains why Cates was retweeting the teases.

Actually relieved this isn't a big event. With War of the Realms coming up in the spring, I didn't see there being much room for two universe-shaking events.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post

I have a feeling a lot of folks feel a bit silly today. I saw a lot of people on Twitter freaking out.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Original Sin 2 will probably still happen...

Extraordinary Member

Well, I'm looking forward to this more than I thought I would. Wonder what Frank is gonna do with Frank's history?

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    Looks like we got an answer, it's all about Cosmic Ghost Rider messing with the timeline: http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...c-ghost-rider/

Attachment 74864
    Well, guess I can safely ignore this then .

(I thought Cates was the only one really pushing Cosmic Ghost Rider hard).

Someone on here said Cates was retweeting them, a tip off!
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Astonishing Member

Well, revisiting iconic events can be an intriguing proposition if done right. But I'm pretty sure its not going to lead to any kind of 'reboot'. Marvel just teases 'reboots' but so far, they've never actually done a reboot in the vein of DC - unless you count the Ultimate Universe and maybe Heroes Reborn.

We're actually arguably in an era where 'reboots' tend not to stick - something DC has learned the hard way. Every time DC reboots, they eventually have to undo the reboot somehow. COIE was undone by IC. The New 52 is being undone by Rebirth.

It holds true in other media as well. The Terminator reboot in Genisys didn't work out so Cameron's back on board and the next film is going back to the original continuity of the first two films. The Bond films, which had a loose continuity anyway, also started to walk back a bit on their reboot by re-introducing 'classic' elements and characters in Skyfall and SPECTRE. Over on Star Trek, the latest series Discovery is set in the original timeline/continuity, and there's even talk of the films possibly following suit.

Given this context, I really don't think Marvel will be particularly inclined towards any serious tampering with their history.