Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

Oh my god, I don't care, I don't care, I don't care. Nothing but a waste of pages. Hopefully this is all the page time Tim and Kate get in this issue.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Looks interesting. Going to be sad to see him go.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Oh my god, I don't care, I don't care, I don't care. Nothing but a waste of pages. Hopefully this is all the page time Tim and Kate get in this issue.
    "I don't care, therefore it's a waste."

'Kay. :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Looks interesting. Going to be sad to see him go.
    Me too. I want to know what the second part of this plan is!
    Last edited by Caivu; 05-06-2018 at 09:29 AM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    "I don't care, therefore it's a waste."
    I call it a waste because that's what it is. No new information is delivered to the reader other than Bruce, Cass and Steph heading into the tower, there's no real furthering of the plot as Kate is just acting as a distraction, something which could have been easily shown in two pages rather than 5 had he not included Renee and Bullock and there's no tension as we know none of the named characters here are going to die.

Were this a normal 'Tec issue where barely anything happens at all, I wouldn't be complaining, but this is the penultimate issue of the series and there's still a lot that needs to happen.

I dont particularly find normal Tim interesting but Omac Tim is even worse. I hope at the end of Tynion's run on TEC he has a new identity or mission or something which is fun and exciting! I've said it before but I think not liking Tim harms my enjoyment a bit because I dont care what happens to him unlike the rest of the team.

I really like the Bruce, Cass and Steph cover! Its awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I dont particularly find normal Tim interesting but Omac Tim is even worse. I hope at the end of Tynion's run on TEC he has a new identity or mission or something which is fun and exciting! I've said it before but I think not liking Tim harms my enjoyment a bit because I dont care what happens to him unlike the rest of the team.
    Well, if Tynion is continuing with Tim into a new Young Justice book...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, if Tynion is continuing with Tim into a new Young Justice book...
    Maybe a new direction will make me like the character.

I never really liked Jason much but Rebirth Red Hood gave me a new found appreciation and I really like him now. Hopefully the same will happen to Tim as of yet ive never read anything with him ive actually enjoyed.

If Tynion rights him totally the same though then im not sure that will happen! we shall see!

I call it a waste because that's what it is. No new information is delivered to the reader other than Bruce, Cass and Steph having made it into the tower off panel (because of course they did)
    And that Kate is acting as a distraction, and that OMAC!Tim is recruiting, and that the police are now aware of what's going on.

and there's no tension as we know none of the named characters here are going to die.
    We always know that. The possibility of death should not be an indicator of tension.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Love the cover as well.

I call it a waste because that's what it is. No new information is delivered to the reader other than Bruce, Cass and Steph heading into the tower, there's no real furthering of the plot as Kate is just acting as a distraction, something which could have been easily shown in two pages rather than 5 had he not included Renee and Bullock and there's no tension as we know none of the named characters here are going to die.

Were this a normal 'Tec issue where barely anything happens at all, I wouldn't be complaining, but this is the penultimate issue of the series and there's still a lot that needs to happen.
    I would rather have a moment or two via 5 pages and some interesting clues with Renee, future commissioner, than have it be some short wham bam situation. The cops don't know this is coming, so showing peace before the storm is better.

Also, Tec is one of the few bat books right now, save All-star that shows non costumes doing work.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    And that Kate is acting as a distraction, and that OMAC!Tim is recruiting, and that the police are now aware of what's going on.
    Kate acting as a distraction could have been shown in far less time (or Hell, even just have Bruce mention it as he and the girls head into the tower), OMACTim recruiting is something we already saw happening and there's no point in the police being aware of the situation if they aren't going to do anything important, which I guarantee you they won't. (And considering their almost complete irreverence in this run, really shouldn't.)

I would rather have a moment or two via 5 pages and some interesting clues with Renee, future commissioner, than have it be some short wham bam situation. The cops don't know this is coming, so showing peace before the storm is better.
    Page One: We see Gothamites going about their daily lives when OMACTim shows up and starts changing people.
    Page Two: Batwoman shows up, eggs them on and gets them to come after her, revealing that she's working as a distraction.

Also, Tec is one of the few bat books right now, save All-star that shows non costumes doing work.
    And were I not already a fan of the characters, with the exception of Dr. October, a new character, nothing in 'Tec has been done to make me care about the non-costumes.

BANNED

Yep, its a solid introduction to the issue. Cant say i much care for the obvious bait working on people that do planning for a living tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Maybe a new direction will make me like the character.

I never really liked Jason much but Rebirth Red Hood gave me a new found appreciation and I really like him now. Hopefully the same will happen to Tim as of yet ive never read anything with him ive actually enjoyed.

If Tynion rights him totally the same though then im not sure that will happen! we shall see!
    I'm really not sure what to think of Tynion continuing to write Tim in a Young Justice book if he keeps up the same characterization used here.
    I agree that it's nice to see that, even if I don't think Tynion has used his civilian supporting cast as well or as consistently as he could have.

Page One: We see Gothamites going about their daily lives when OMACTim shows up and starts changing people.
    Page Two: Batwoman shows up, eggs them on and gets them to come after her, revealing that she's working as a distraction.
    That sounds... cramped.

Like most of Tynion's Tec, this introduction is meh.