Default Worst TV moment of 2020 so far.

The incident is almost funny if I ignore the fact that she could have gotten this man killed.

I don't know how dumb this woman can be, lying to the cops when she is been recorded. This is Racism at its dumbest.

Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post

The incident is almost funny if I ignore the fact that she could have gotten this man killed.

I don't know how dumb this woman can be, lying to the cops when she is been recorded. This is Racism at its dumbest.
    And choking out her poor dog too (which was later surrendered).

What's more, according to an article, the guy from this didn't think she should have gotten fired and what not. Reprimanded, sure. But not fired and everything else.

Ultimate Member

Didn't she get death threats as well, threats against her I mean...not defending what she did or anything just saying that things can go crazy in a hurry...

Black CNN reporter arrested during live broadcast covering protests over a black man killed by police.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Black CNN reporter arrested during live broadcast covering protests over a black man killed by police.

While the white reporter a block away wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post

What's more, according to an article, the guy from this didn't think she should have gotten fired and what not. Reprimanded, sure. But not fired and everything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Didn't she get death threats as well, threats against her I mean...not defending what she did or anything just saying that things can go crazy in a hurry...
    If anything this should have been an opportunity to educate this individual and get her help. But mob mentality wins again.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    If anything this should have been an opportunity to educate this individual and get her help. But mob mentality wins again.
    Trying to murder a man over asking you to politely put your dog on a lead doesn't engender one to the "Lets be kind and educate her" crowd

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

That guy could've had the **** beaten out of him, or worse if he'd been accosted by rogue cops like Derek Chauvin. Sorry, but I have no compassion whatsoever for that bitch who got everything she had coming to her.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Trying to murder a man over asking you to politely put your dog on a lead doesn't engender one to the "Lets be kind and educate her" crowd
    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    That guy could've had the **** beaten out of him, or worse if he'd been accosted by rogue cops like Derek Chauvin. Sorry, but I have no compassion whatsoever for that bitch who got everything she had coming to her.
    You guys are missing the point entirely. The situation was disgusting and thankfully nothing came out of it, but how do death threats against someone help them to confront and overcome their personal biases?

This is one of the problems with modern society there is zero compassion for individuals period (one of the problems, the other being lack of leadership when it comes to race, and a horrible systemic and racist two party system that has failed this country). None of that helps to further where we are as a society. Compassion, listening, open dialogue, and education is the only way we can move forward as a society.
    Last edited by Jekyll; 06-01-2020 at 08:49 AM.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post

The poor dog. I have been trying to get a dog myself to take care off. She has one that she treated like ****.

She is putting up a fake crying voice to the cops that the guy is threatening her and her dog when in fact, the guy tells her to not come close to him, but her reverse vitcim stupidity about the situation makes me question her mentality.
    Last edited by Valentis; 06-01-2020 at 09:07 AM.

Yah as a birder myself, I can say he's legit. Christian Cooper has a pair of $4,000 plus Swarovskis around his neck, and he was looking for olive-sided flycatchers and red-bellied woodpeckers. Both uncommon species in New York at that time of year, if I recall correctly. He's a birder and an obvious nerd, and its easy to cow them under most circumstances.

Except when they are birding.

Its a bad idea to **** with bird watchers who are out chasing a bird down. Not to say they are anything but nerds, and will fight you, but thats like the one thing that they won't back down about. A

So in short I think he sounded a little threatening and confrontational. Not his fault, and she should have just kept on going instead of being a racist idiot. But oh well.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

You guys are missing the point entirely. The situation was disgusting and thankfully nothing came out of it, but how do death threats against someone help them to confront and overcome their personal biases?

This is one of the problems with modern society there is zero compassion for individuals period (one of the problems, the other being lack of leadership when it comes to race, and a horrible systemic and racist two party system that has failed this country). None of that helps to further where we are as a society. Compassion, listening, open dialogue, and education is the only way we can move forward as a society.
    Yeah, nah. Its really not hard to....you know NOT be racist ? Or try and murder someone over the most minor thing. If you bump into me in a shop and I stab you to death thats a sign of some severe "society cant handle my insanity" and no "open dialogue" will help with that. And I'm a guy who's ABOUT reform.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Yeah, nah. Its really not hard to....you know NOT be racist ? Or try and murder someone over the most minor thing. If you bump into me in a shop and I stab you to death thats a sign of some severe "society cant handle my insanity" and no "open dialogue" will help with that. And I'm a guy who's ABOUT reform.
    Most legal systems in the world has proportionality laws. USA does not have one. USA can murder anyone for the tiniest non serious crimes.