Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'm thinking a spin-off with Lady Slf. I know it's a long shot but the character appear on the show twice already and she could shed some light on the inhumans for shield. Besides, I feel Thor's side of MCU can use some world building.

Spectacular Member
    Octavius Core...wishing the doors would open...

Quote Originally Posted by Luck911 View Post
    Traditional rating doesn't matter as much anymore between Dvr and Hulu, shows have different ways of doing well.

I am hoping for a Secret Warriors is the spinoff but AoS are so Skye centric i doubt it could happen. Whatever it i am hoping it is more action centric and use more of it Marvel ties.

I am tired of AoS struggling with a better connection to universe than Flash/GA . Flash will never have a Superman, Batman or Wonder Woman cameo. AoS is same world and isn't using the Avengers properly. Sif,Nick Fury, Maria Hill is nice but at this point we should have gotten at least one Avenger.May or Mockingbird bird doing a mission with Black Widow or Hawkeye would be amazing. If that is to much just a cameo of Avengers would be cool. Seriously two Avengers apperances per season instant ratings
    I disagree completely. They should't need the Avengers to show up to help the show. These people are working as spies. This is a spy show that happens to have scifi elements.

Also, I think "better connection to [the] universe" compared to Flash/GA is very different to what you describe. Since The Flash and Arrow will never have the movie characters show up, then that makes The Arrow and The Flash that universe's Batman and Superman. They are the first heroes for that generation. And that is a great concept, for them.

For Agents of SHIELD, there already are highly visible heroes, the Avengers. While Coulson has contacted the US government and is trying to get SHIELD back to being viewed as the good guys in the eyes of the world, they also can't just hold a press conference. Iron Man, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Bruce Banner, Steve Rogers, and Thor all have their own stuff going on. Plus, Coulson's death is what spurned the group to drop the BS and work together. So tell them this secret could cause a rift between them and SHIELD. It's a PR issue.

Agents of SHIELD has done a great job of touching a lot of aspects from the MCU that the movies will never give focus. They've furthered the elements from Iron Man, Iron Man 3, Captain America: First Avenger, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, The Incredible Hulk, Guardians of the Galaxy and Thor 2 (at the very least).

Having the Avengers around on the show would only hamper the show. They need to be able to separate themselves from the core heroes and show just what the impact of having all the heroes and incredible technology become public knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Luck911 View Post
    Traditional rating doesn't matter as much anymore between Dvr and Hulu, shows have different ways of doing well.
    Plus, I'd be surprised if ratings were a massive issue when it comes to AoS. It is essentially a rather cheap weekly advert for the MCU in prime time on a channel owned by Disney. The tie in episodes are there to act as a trumpet call for the upcoming MCU films, so I'd be very surprised if they cut the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    The current active Deathlok, Henry Hayes, doesn't have a 'dead-ish' look and his components aren't visible till he's activated. I hope the series continues during Secret War cause it'd be nice to see Luthor Manning(teased so far) and/or Michael Collins show up. I'm enjoying it so far.
    Yeah, but wasn't he just created because of the AoS version? (Which is odd because they gave him a different name and all.) I really don't understand why they didn't just use Michael Collins in the show in the first place.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

Most likely the current arc/season will end with the two currently warring SHIELD factions merging an the spinoff will track the exploits of the team based on the aircraft carrier, probably to include Bobbi and Mac.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Most likely the current arc/season will end with the two currently warring SHIELD factions merging an the spinoff will track the exploits of the team based on the aircraft carrier, probably to include Bobbi and Mac.
    I think this could be it. Marvel had been trying to make a Mockingbird TV series happen years ago (back on ABC Family). They and ABC may see this as the perfect opportunity to realize it although it would be substantially different from what they were pitching back then.

Spectacular Member
    Octavius Core...wishing the doors would open...

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Network tv is full of far better tv shows than AoS. Hell, Hannibal was one of the best things on American tv last year. Being on network tv is no excuse for how bad it is. They didn't have to make the show about a C team of SHIELD agents no one cares about, they didn't have to make the main characters so uninteresting, and they could have had fun with that idea this was a team that didn't matter.
    Yes they did need to make it a team of C/D/Z-listers. That was the whole selling point of the show. A group of people that are working behind the scenes, that no one notices.

Coulson started at that role, sure his reputation has risen significantly since his first appearance, but he is still the everyman (usually).

If the show were to be about a team of pre-existing characters from the comics, then Marvel's movie side of things wouldn't be able to use those characters without working tightly with the TV show. Just like the movies now have to be built to help them to naturally avoid making it easy for the other Avengers to show up, the TV show needs to be able to standalone and work on it's own internal storylines.

They knew when creating the show the impact of The Winter Soldier, they were already going to go down a similar path.

A show full of pre-existing characters would run through a lot of material very fast. The characters selected couldn't be directly tied to any pre-existing MCU Avenger or major character, they needed to have a built-in capacity for adventures, and they needed to be able to have those adventures without gathering the attention of the whole world.

AoS was built I think with very good foresight.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    I have taken a quick look at their ratings in TVbythenumbers and it was reported that they have been really improving. Here is a snippet

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (9-10pm – 4.2 million and 1.5/5 in AD18-49): Surging 50% over its lead-in at 9pm, ABC’s Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. nearly caught CBS’ NCIS: New Orleans for the scripted Adult 18-49 lead in the hour (1.5/5 vs. 1.6/5) and with playback is projected to move ahead of the CBS drama in the L3 and L7 data. S.H.I.E.L.D. was up week to week by 7% in Adults 18-49 (1.5/5 vs. 1.4/4), while spiking 38% with Teens 12-17 to match a best-since-premiere number – since 9/23/14.

The ABC drama grew its hour from the year-ago night (+36% - 1.1/3 for original comedies on 4/8/14) and on average season to date, S.H.I.E.L.D. is improving the slot for ABC by 40% in Adults 18-49 (2.8/8 vs. 2.0/5) over the comparable weeks last season.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...-18-49/386547/
    Those numbers are down from the week before, and are some of the shows weakest this season.

The funny thing is it's growing the hour that it was killing before. AoS was killing every comedy that was following it last year. The Goldbergs was doing terrible when it came on after AoS, now it's pulling in like 7 million viewers almost every episode.

Ultimate Member

-Mockingbird spinoff (they were working on it a few years ok, but nothing ever came of it).
    -Something Inhumans-related.
    -Ward/Agent 33 team-up show.
    -Deathlok spinoff.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    A new report says ABC is eyeing an "Agents of SHIELD" spinoff for as early as this fall, though the cast and concept is not yet known.

Full article here.
    Secret Avengers maybe? I mean, Shield is pretty much going to be either going to be under new management or non-existent by next fall the way things have gone.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MatchesMalone View Post
    I disagree completely. They should't need the Avengers to show up to help the show. These people are working as spies. This is a spy show that happens to have scifi elements.

Also, I think "better connection to [the] universe" compared to Flash/GA is very different to what you describe. Since The Flash and Arrow will never have the movie characters show up, then that makes The Arrow and The Flash that universe's Batman and Superman. They are the first heroes for that generation. And that is a great concept, for them.

For Agents of SHIELD, there already are highly visible heroes, the Avengers. While Coulson has contacted the US government and is trying to get SHIELD back to being viewed as the good guys in the eyes of the world, they also can't just hold a press conference. Iron Man, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Bruce Banner, Steve Rogers, and Thor all have their own stuff going on. Plus, Coulson's death is what spurned the group to drop the BS and work together. So tell them this secret could cause a rift between them and SHIELD. It's a PR issue.

Agents of SHIELD has done a great job of touching a lot of aspects from the MCU that the movies will never give focus. They've furthered the elements from Iron Man, Iron Man 3, Captain America: First Avenger, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, The Incredible Hulk, Guardians of the Galaxy and Thor 2 (at the very least).

Having the Avengers around on the show would only hamper the show. They need to be able to separate themselves from the core heroes and show just what the impact of having all the heroes and incredible technology become public knowledge.
    Avengers wouldn't hamper the show the only reason people care about the show because it is in the cinematic universe. If you are not going to use those ties to give a rating boost they should have call the show Nikita or Alias. Agents of SHIELD can be the number 1 rated show on TV anytime they want too with just a couple small cameos. That's my main point.

The second point is Arrow /Flash /new Spinoff show will never have Batman or Superman. Even Supergirl i think won't get Superman. AoS has advantage of being able to use the big guns. Just a Robert Downey Jr cameo no suit of armor would be huge. DC films are actually hindrance to the shows Harley Quinn and Deadshot are being pulled because of the film.

All I am saying AoS or Spinoff, A 5 min talk between Banner and Skye,A cameo where Fitz Simmons get to talk to Stark,A small action scene between May and Black Widow. Or Spin off with Mockingbird she meets Hawkeye. AoS doesn't need big set pieces just a small tie with Avenger would be good for the health of the show.If they want GoT type rating a couple Avengers centric episode would give them numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    In my mind it got underwhelming because of all the Inhumans stuff.
    Can't disagree.

Sandy Hausler

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Secret Avengers maybe? I mean, Shield is pretty much going to be either going to be under new management or non-existent by next fall the way things have gone.
    Seems very unlikely either of those things will happen.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Those numbers are down from the week before, and are some of the shows weakest this season.

The funny thing is it's growing the hour that it was killing before. AoS was killing every comedy that was following it last year. The Goldbergs was doing terrible when it came on after AoS, now it's pulling in like 7 million viewers almost every episode.
    lmao this is funny, perhaps it has the powers to lull ppl into making them being open to watch The Goldbergs.

Why would ABC develop a spinoff when the AoS has been having mediocre ratings the whole second season?
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhudrew View Post
    Not just yours. I find AOS to be entirely underwhelming. I'm not sure why I keep watching. Deer in headlights, I guess.

Agent Carter is on a completely different level than AOS.
    I agree with your view of Agent Carter, as long as you mean that Agent Carter is on a higher level than AOS.

Sandy Hausler