Page 290 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 1902402802862872882892902912922932943003403907901290 ... LastLast
Results 4,336 to 4,350 of 20730
    Spectacular Member

Does anyone have a clear favorite of the 80's Iron Man Epic Collections?

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    Stark Wars

http://www.amazon.com/Iron-Man-Epic-...man+stark+wars
    We need better comics

Amazing Member

I really liked Enemy Within. It picks up where the omnibus ends. I have yet to read Stark Wars though.

I've only read Enemy within and really liked it. Also it continues the omni. The one that just came out (Duel of Iron?) is a continuation of that so with Enemy within and Duel you have like a 40-45 issue run.
    Although Enemy within is only half the length of the Michelinie omnibus but it didn't really have any fillers unlike the omni and if the next epic continues that trend then it' a really solid run.

Cant freaking wait till tomorrow. UXM vol 1 omnibus reprint!! If you guys don't remember, ive never read any X men title and still havnt. I picked up vol 2 and 3 and have held off reading them until I get vol 1. Ive been waiting for what seems like forever for this to happen. I finally get to read claremonts UXM run. I don't think there is, but is there any other marerial I should pick up like that ties in with vol1-3 or crossovvers that arnt in the omni?

Also gotham central tomorrow!!

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Cant freaking wait till tomorrow. UXM vol 1 omnibus reprint!! If you guys don't remember, ive never read any X men title and still havnt. I picked up vol 2 and 3 and have held off reading them until I get vol 1. Ive been waiting for what seems like forever for this to happen. I finally get to read claremonts UXM run. I don't think there is, but is there any other marerial I should pick up like that ties in with vol1-3 or crossovvers that arnt in the omni?

Also gotham central tomorrow!!
    You didn't test it before investing in three omnis? Comic apps are your friend. I like the series but it's certainly not for everyone, especially compared to modern comic pacing and narrative. I hope you like it!
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    You didn't test it before investing in three omnis? Comic apps are your friend. I like the series but it's certainly not for everyone, especially compared to modern comic pacing and narrative. I hope you like it!
    Thats my only worry, that I won't like it. But I have a good feeling I will, hopefully. But whats not to like about it? Ive flipped thorough vol 2 and 3 and love the art work. And most people here say its the best x men run and the golden age of x men.

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Thats my only worry, that I won't like it. But I have a good feeling I will, hopefully. But whats not to like about it? Ive flipped thorough vol 2 and 3 and love the art work. And most people here say its the best x men run and the golden age of x men.
    I would completely agree with that. This is where my love of comics came from. But I've heard a lot of criticism over Clairmont's style from people who picked up the series later. Let us know what you think, I'm super curious.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Spectacular Member

I think Claremont's voice feels right for the Bronze Age, less so for comics with modern art and production style.

Keeping in mind that even with the three Uncanny Omnis and the two Claremont/Lee/Silvestri Omnis theres still 60+ issues missing from Claremonts run.
    Youd have to get various other collections to read the whole thing. Or go digital.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Keeping in mind that even with the three Uncanny Omnis and the two Claremont/Lee/Silvestri Omnis theres still 60+ issues missing from Claremonts run.
    Youd have to get various other collections to read the whole thing. Or go digital.
    Thanks for that. I don't have the claremont/lee omnis since they are oop. But will definitely get them if I can get a good deal or they are reprinted. Although I think I read thats where he kinda of flatters out. Ive always been super interested in the dark phoenix story ever since I was a kid. Cant wait till I reach that point!

Why is the first Wednesday of the month always so stacked? 3 omnis and 2 OHCs on the same day...

Just when I finally started making a dent in my "to read" mountain.

Guardians of the Galaxy by Abnett & Lanning Omnibus.

http://imgur.com/a/JjUtE

Quote Originally Posted by harrycuong View Post

Awe. SOME!! Love that they went with the splash page from #1 for the casewrap.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by harrycuong View Post

Spoilerish down at the bottom there?