Page 60 of 84 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Yeah I'm so disappointed, after all the terrible minis we've got since last year I was at least expecting a solo ongoing but nope nothing. I think I will follow X-Force and X-Men (even if I'm not a fan of the lineup at all especially Kid Cable and Vulcain) in tpb but no more monthly x-books for me until the launch of the new Wolverine solo ongoing and X-Cellent.
    X-men cover isn't an line up. X-men has no roster it is almost anthology series from my understanding of it the first story is probably Cyclops centric hence the people on the cover.

I wonder what it is about the Status Quo that make Wolverine solo book not needed. I can't see them not putting out Wolverine book which has always done at worse solid without good reason. I think they want to put emphasis on "X-line" itself and at time Wolverine has gotten "too much" focus I think that might play a part in no solos. Hickman is about restoring the X-men to glory so putting the X-line first kinda make sense.

Percy just said (X-Force)

"The head of the intelligence unit is Beast. The head of the field unit is Wolverine. You can see already where we’re going. The head and the hand — they don’t always agree."

Little more interested in the book now, almost inclined to pick it up or i'll be reading nothing with Wolverine in as DML and Presents will be long finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    Percy just said (X-Force)

"The head of the intelligence unit is Beast. The head of the field unit is Wolverine. You can see already where we’re going. The head and the hand — they don’t always agree."

Little more interested in the book now, almost inclined to pick it up or i'll be reading nothing with Wolverine in as DML and Presents will be long finished.
    I do like the idea of an intelligence unit and a field unit working together but I kinda wish the head of the intelligence unit was Jean. I'd honestly really like if they had some genuine friction between Logan and Jean over tactics. It would be a fresh take on their dynamic without having to dig into the really stale love triangle crap that's been old for decades now lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    They have to be keeping the solo X stuff for later right?
    There’s a second wave to these new X-books I assume we get the Wolverine solo in that wave.

So no Wolverine solo series...

I agree. Instead of Fallen Angel they should’ve announced Wolverine. Maybe they’re waiting until after Dead Man Logan.

Don’t worry. Fallen Angels won’t last long with that cast. We’ll get a Wolverine solo replacing it in no time.

Or maybe he’ll show up in it. Logan could be a mentor to Kid Cable. Wouldn’t that be ironic? Him basically training a guy who goes back to the future, grows older, comes back to the past and the first time they meet they fight. And then fight many times after that.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 07-20-2019 at 05:29 PM.

Hell I don’t think Weapon Plus should exist even though I think the first issue is good. It should be a Wolverine solo. I don’t want a bunch of minis.

I wonder if X-Force might follow up on some of the Weapon Plus stuff?

Spectacular Member

How was the whole story of Wolverine with an infinity stone resolved?

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I do like the idea of an intelligence unit and a field unit working together but I kinda wish the head of the intelligence unit was Jean. I'd honestly really like if they had some genuine friction between Logan and Jean over tactics. It would be a fresh take on their dynamic without having to dig into the really stale love triangle crap that's been old for decades now lol
    I'm indifferent to the two, even moreso after Uncanny 22, they could've broke the triangle with them getting together, cutting her ties with Scott or Logan not caring about her and Scott getting it on again. So yeah i guess i'll go with your idea of degenerating their relationship, aside from Emma, there isn't many other X-Men Logan despises.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    There’s a second wave to these new X-books I assume we get the Wolverine solo in that wave.
    I know but I was hoping for a miracle someone here would tell me there's another day of SDCC announcements later today or tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Don’t worry. Fallen Angels won’t last long with that cast. We’ll get a Wolverine solo replacing it in no time.

Or maybe he’ll show up in it. Logan could be a mentor to Kid Cable. Wouldn’t that be ironic? Him basically training a guy who goes back to the future, grows older, comes back to the past and the first time they meet they fight. And then fight many times after that.
    This all has to happen in front of X-23, without the two sharing a single word or moment lol
    Every time i think of her Wolverine run it makes me laugh how Marvel conveniently has an event or change up so the two don't ever meet up, lol she put in some blood, sweat and tears into honouring his mantle. Well here's for 2 years going and onwards
    Last edited by Mr Abductor; 07-20-2019 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drwho View Post
    How was the whole story of Wolverine with an infinity stone resolved?
    Before Wolverine and the Infinity Watch or as a result of?

Still no wolverine/logan solo? Disappointing!
    Ok, saves me a lot of money.
    X force is the only one interesting for me, but it is pretty crowded.
    Maybe tradewaiting x force and getting the parts of x men Logan is appearing in.
    Last edited by Gylfie; 07-20-2019 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    X-men cover isn't an line up. X-men has no roster it is almost anthology series from my understanding of it the first story is probably Cyclops centric hence the people on the cover.
    Rotating cast could make things more interesting, and if those characters on the cover are just here to highlight that this is a Cyclops centric issue yeah this would be better. Still after looking at this cover and at the solicits, I'm still wondering if all those characters are forming the line up for this new "squad of mutant powerhouses" mentioned in the solicits of the first issue?

If that's the case, I guess they will only appear in the first issue or first arc except for Cyclops who will pick a different team with each arc maybe. Honestly Logan looks like a jerk who basically tried to sneak on a photo family on this cover lol.

I wonder what it is about the Status Quo that make Wolverine solo book not needed. I can't see them not putting out Wolverine book which has always done at worse solid without good reason. I think they want to put emphasis on "X-line" itself and at time Wolverine has gotten "too much" focus I think that might play a part in no solos. Hickman is about restoring the X-men to glory so putting the X-line first kinda make sense.
    Putting the X-line first I can understand, but Logan always had his own solo series since 1988, he's his own franchise he could have easily been put on X-Force and his own solo series and I don't think it would take any focus away from the X-line or stop Hickman from restoring it to its glory.

Just speaking for myself, but I would have preferred a solo ongoing instead of seeing him appear in one team book and one anthology book. Now if they want to use HOX/POX, X-Force and X-Men to strengthen the line, fix the character in order to give him a new status quo before launching the ongoing yeah I guess it could make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    Maybe they’re waiting until after Dead Man Logan.
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    Hell I don’t think Weapon Plus should exist even though I think the first issue is good. It should be a Wolverine solo. I don’t want a bunch of minis.
    I agree maybe they're waiting until the end Dead Man Logan before announcing anything which is a shame because even though I like this mini I think it should have ended already before the launch of POX/HOX just like the other X-Books.

The whole Weapon Plus investigation could have easily been the plot of the main Wolverine ongoing for sure, maybe like Jackraow21 said, the Weapon Plus plot will be explored in X-Force.

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    Still no wolverine/logan solo? Disappointing!
    Ok, saves me a lot of money.
    X force is the only one interesting for me, but it is pretty crowded.
    Maybe tradewaiting x force and getting the parts of x men Logan is appearing in.
    Hi GylT, nice to see you!

Just like you, I will just tradewaiting X-Force and X-Men for now (maybe Excalibur and Marauders too), I just hope the Wolverine ongoing will be part of the Wave 2 books.
    Last edited by Hush; 07-21-2019 at 03:11 PM.

Putting the X-line first I can understand, but Logan always had his own solo series since 1988, he's his own franchise he could have easily been put on X-Force and his own solo series and I don't think it would take any focus away from the X-line or stop Hickman from restoring it to its glory.

Just speaking for myself, but I would have preferred a solo ongoing instead of seeing him appear in one team book and one anthology book. Now if they want to use HOX/POX, X-Force and X-Men to strengthen the line, fix the character in order to give him a new status quo before launching the ongoing yeah I guess it could make sense.
    , I just hope the Wolverine ongoing will be part of the Wave 2 books.
    100% percent agree with you but X-men line has had a tendency to lean on Wolverine instead of building up characters at times. I agree with that Wolverine should have a solo but I see the overall bigger plan normally X-men would have 2 main titles they also passed on that well. To me it suggests that they understand they need to strength line overall instead of leaning multiple books with same characters in them. That said I will be shocked if Wolverine solo(and X-23 solo) isn't in wave 2.

Or they intend to use Wolverine to sell X-Force. If we want to read Wolverine then we have to buy the team book.