Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    The cast is eclectic. For the most part, there are actually a lot of personal connections between most of them. I think it's just some of these characters being on a book titled X-Force that is causing some mental dissonance.
    Yeah, but I attribute most of that to folks associating the name with what X-Force became in the Endangered Species post House of M era, when mutants were literally on the brink of extinction. They went from being a proactive, more paramilitary group to a straight up assassination squad. Later, under Spurrier actually, this concept of them acting more like a spy agency was explored, albeit briefly. That team had an eclectic lineup as well of Cable, Marrow, Psylocke, Nemesis and Fantomex.

I, for one, like this expansion of the X-Force mandate into being not just the proactive strike force but also the intelligence arm. Is that a bit redundant with the X-men, whose role has always been to monitor mutant situations and act as kind of a reactive search and rescue type force? I don’t think so. Because if this group’s mandate is still to deal with the really ugly threats before they arrive at the X-men’s doorstep, then I think it works and is just an expansion on the original premise in formalizing that intelligence gathering role. It would be fun to see them dealing with things like cyber threats too, or even launching their own cyber warfare or propaganda campaigns to combat anti-mutant threats. Things like that.

And I agree that some of the costumes need updating/changing, and am totally down for more Colossus-Domino relationship. She and Wolverine had a physical fling, but they should just be colleagues/friends at this point. I liked the budding relationship between Neena and Piotr before someone came along and tried to put he and Kitty back together. Barf. Thank God that ship has sailed.

1) I like most of the cast. I'm hoping for some more Domino/Colossus stories. I think it could be neat to see Beast and Wolverine interact, and it will be interesting to see Beast as a member of an X-Force team even though he hated the X-Force idea in the past. And you know that these guys are probably going to end up killing someone eventually.

The only two members that I don't like are Sage and Quinton Quire. Sage at least fits the comic. But just absolutely no to Quire. Morrison was the only one to use him well, and he wasn't even all that interesting there. Sorry Quire fans.

2) I like the mutant CIA concept for the comic. It's a new take on an old team book. I still think that some villain will end up being killed buy these guys though.
    I wouldn't think of some of these characters for an X-Force/CIA team, but that is part of what makes it interesting to me.

3) I don't believe that I have read anything by the creative team. So I can offer no comment on them.

4) I like the idea of Black Tom being on this team. I thought he made for a fun comedy character as part of the Hell Fire Club in Bunn's Uncanny X-Men. He was also kind of a humor villain in X-Men Blue. At least that's how he came across to me. I would like to see him take on that kind of role in this comic

I'm really curious about about Jean and Sage interactions. Also Quire and Jean, since he hit on her teenage self.

what I don't like is having Logan and beast as leaders. You have Jean, Domino, Sage, they could be great leaders.

Black Tom is a wild card

i love Quentin's T-shirt. Tribute to Cable, Domina, Shatterstar, Feral, ...

Sage and Jean shouldn't like each other

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Sage and Jean shouldn't like each other
    Kitty and Ororo shouldn't be on Emma team, but here we are. I don't find any reason to sage hate jean

All-New Member

I like the lineup, but since they're on the main X-Men roster, I'd replace Wolverine and Jean with Archangel and Monet.

Quote Originally Posted by captain Qball View Post
    Domlossus is back!!
    screw them Im here for Domino and Logan

Fantastic Member Captain Buttocks's Avatar

1. What do you think about the line up do you like it? Do you hate it?

Much as with the other team line-ups, it's all a bit Random Team Generator (one of the most random since Carey's 2006 initial team). I bloody hate every story in history that had anything to do with Sage, so this one is a tough sell for me, and if funds are tight it's most likely to be the one to drop.

2. What do you think about the concept for X-force now as Mutant CIA? Do you think think these characters fit covert ops/special ops teams?

I'm really not sure about Jean and Beast on X-Force. At all. Quentin is actually a good fit though, although it may undo some of the positive characterisation he got in the last Gen X. Colossus strikes me as an odd fit too.

3.What do you know about creative team?

Not familiar with the writer and not mad keen on the artist.

4. Black Tom Cassidy???????

Hmmmm. I'm wary about the interesting for interesting's sake and to create unnecessary tension stunt-casting, but every book seems to have one, so we'll see how it goes. I'm not really excited about this one, but that being said X-Force, and the concept of X-Force has never worked well for me, bar that one Remender run. "Mutants who murder-death-kill a world that hates and fears them" isn't my jam.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    When can we bury Quentin Quire again?
    Never.
    Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Quentin Quire was only good in Morrison's run in my opinion. He kind of lost his Alex from Clockwork Orange feel a long time ago and became a brat. I also detest that he gained telekinesis. He was originally a telepath with a see through mind, correct?
    I disagree plus Quire is an Omega level mutant his powers have... evolve since Morrison's run.

Astonishing Member

Personally it's about time Jean spent time with her other son Quire. They've been apart too long.

I love the concept and the cast isn't bad (aside from Black Tom).
    What bothers me the most are the costumes, especially Jean's. X-force (post 90s) usually get some pretty cool redesigns to fit the team's M.O., but we're stuck with some terrible and nostalgic costumes.
    Jean is obviously the worst offender, but I don't see how Colossus's would work on a black ops mission at all.
    Feels kind of lazy that they're just picking random past costumes for everyone instead of designing cool new looks. This relaunch would have been the perfect opportunity for renewal on that front too.

Here for:

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Here for:

Honestly the most important panel in Morrison's run. Or maybe in X-Men history?

*insert "The Most Important Scene in the History of the X-Men" promo*

Imagine that scene if Jean was in the party dress. She'd look ridiculous talking to Sage like that.