Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I hope we continue to get the Pete in the hospital story line.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I hope we continue to get the Pete in the hospital story line.
    #82 seems to be all about that storyline, but I'm sure we'll get a page here and there about Peter until then.

Astonishing Member

Well, we have Ben's inner dialogue at last
    Last edited by Sr. Bungle; 10-22-2021 at 07:45 PM.

i must have a low bar for art; proportions, angles, composition, "camera" all look great to me. is it the finishing/lines people think looks rushed?
    Last edited by boots; 10-22-2021 at 07:30 PM.
    troo fan or death

I hope that Colleen and Misty suspect something is up with Beyond. They have been in the private detective game long enough to know that some shadiness is likely afoot, somewhere.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I hope that Colleen and Misty suspect something is up with Beyond. They have been in the private detective game long enough to know that some shadiness is likely afoot, somewhere.
    Janine seems to be on the right track already

I'm a little bit taken a back because of the art. It was so beautiful in #75 & #76, so I hope that the book will have them back

Either way I can't wait for it!

Why are you saying the art is bad? It's pretty standard, not great but not bad. Just different. And finally, Ben's inner monologue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Janine seems to be on the right track already

what is the backstory to Janine? I"m not familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what is the backstory to Janine? I"m not familiar.
    A girl who on the run for killing her abusive dad. Ben met her and fall in love. Kaine did some mess up stuff and eventually she went back to prison
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Why are you saying the art is bad? It's pretty standard, not great but not bad. Just different. And finally, Ben's inner monologue.
    Spider-man is still one of Marvel's flagship titles and top sellers. It deserves a lot better than this. Unfortunately, mediocre art has become the Marvel standard for the past decade. I have sadly come to expect it in my niche low seller books, but it doesn't bode well for the medium as a whole if this is the direction for the big guns. Colleen and Misty aren't even casting visible shadows on the floor.

Granted, Marvel doesn't seem to pay it's talent very well, so maybe the artist just felt it wasn't worth the effort.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    1)It's a flagship title
    2)Multiple artists, art should not be rushed w/ so many people on it not to mention this is the artists first issue
    3)BND style creative team leads to drastic variation in quality which we can see

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Spider-man is still one of Marvel's flagship titles and top sellers. It deserves a lot better than this. Unfortunately, mediocre art has become the Marvel standard for the past decade. I have sadly come to expect it in my niche low seller books, but it doesn't bode well for the medium as a whole if this is the direction for the big guns. Colleen and Misty aren't even casting visible shadows on the floor.

Granted, Marvel doesn't seem to pay it's talent very well, so maybe the artist just felt it wasn't worth the effort.
    All this

When was the last times the books had consistently strong art? Early Spencer? Slott?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    When was the last times the books had consistently strong art? Early Spencer? Slott?
    Early Spencer IIRC, we had the Invincible art and it was gorgeous

Incredible Member

The sudden change in the art doesn’t bother me. I guess because I’m so use to back in the days when I had to reach spectacular for part one of a story, and it had great art, amazing had part 2 with cruddy art, sensational having ok art, and spider-man having better art… when having the story stretched across 4 titles just to get a whole story, I never tended to care which Spidy title was the flagship title.

It really shows when you go back and re-read stories in trade how inconsistent different artists were in those days with the artists were doing in other books, by no real fault of their own really. It was the same issue with the multiple Superman titles too; where one story had several writers and it crossed over into three or four titles with several artists.