Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    No one is ever 100% the same thing all the time. If she consistently wrote Magik like that it would be an issue. But Magik being a bit silly in a one off situation like this after she wrecked her brother and best friend's wedding is really not a big deal.
    Additional things to consider:

People act and/or behave differently in different company. On the Dead Souls squad she is the resident creepy girl. At the wedding, she is guilt driven scotch guzzling wedding ruinier trying to help as best she can. Plus cake.
    An example that encapsulates what kind of complex woman Illyana is: She is a totally different person with Kitty. She also behaves differently with her original NM crew. Etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Additional things to consider:

People act and/or behave differently in different company. On the Dead Souls squad she is the resident creepy girl. At the wedding, she is guilt driven scotch guzzling wedding ruinier trying to help as best she can. Plus cake.
    An example that encapsulates what kind of complex woman Illyana is: She is a totally different person with Kitty. She also behaves differently with her original NM crew. Etc etc.
    Yeah I think people expect characters to be robots that behave the same way all the time time. Most of us have a range of emotions and feelings and different people bring out different things in us. While I expect Magik to largely be aloof, distant, creepy with a dark sense of humor, I presume she like most of us will have moments when she acts differently than her normal. As long as those times don't overshadow her more natural personality then I don't see the issue.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    This page is perfection.
    Anytime I see Magik & Rogue interacting, I think back to the time where Illyana imprisoned Rogue in her Limbo-on-Earth Hell Prison

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Yeah I think people expect characters to be robots that behave the same way all the time time. Most of us have a range of emotions and feelings and different people bring out different things in us. While I expect Magik to largely be aloof, distant, creepy with a dark sense of humor, I presume she like most of us will have moments when she acts differently than her normal. As long as those times don't overshadow her more natural personality then I don't see the issue.
    Yes. Yes. YUS YUS YUS

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    Illyana just wanted an excuse to get away from the flaming ruins that she had created.

Rogue seems to be pretty friendly with everyone, but she doesn't have a clearly defined best friend. Unless you count Gambit, I guess. Outside of him, Wolverine and Iceman probably come the closest.
    This, Rogue is friends with everyone. She is closest to Wolvie, Bobby and maybe Storm. But she is also close with Sam, Kitty, Rachel, Jean & Betsy and had strong character moments with Shiro and Northstar. Also she is now BFF's whether we like it or not with Wanda and has a mentor relationship with Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    This, Rogue is friends with everyone. She is closest to Wolvie, Bobby and maybe Storm. But she is also close with Sam, Kitty, Rachel, Jean & Betsy and had strong character moments with Shiro and Northstar. Also she is now BFF's whether we like it or not with Wanda and has a mentor relationship with Jan.
    Really? Ewww

Jan mentored Rogue or the other way around?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Really? Ewww

Jan mentored Rogue or the other way around?
    Both Cap and Janet were priming Rogue for Avengers leadership in Uncanny Avengers.

Spectacular Member Kelly Thompson's Avatar

Really glad you guys are enjoying the preview. Hope you like the issue next week!

Just wanted to pop in and manage expectations on one point - the rings.

It's going to come up later in the series (I promise!) but don't expect to see more about them in issue #1 than you can already see in this preview. The reasons for that are mostly due to trying to coordinate between Gold 30 and MMX 1 (which were being drawn at the same time - it was a very tough coordination to do all around for everyone - and David and Oscar were terrific under tough circumstances). Anyway, as a result we weren't able to integrate the rings successfully into Gold 30...which means I couldn't integrate them into MMX in a way that made sense...but it will be coming up later.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    This page is perfection.
    Yes the art is very pretty but... Look at Rogue's face in that third panel then look at Illyana's face in the fifth panel right below. Tsk! Tsk! Tsk!
    While technically sound, I'm not feeling the "Disney-Princess" features of the women's faces.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-20-2018 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yes the art is very pretty but... Look at Rogue's face in that third panel then look at Illyana's face in the fifth panel right below. Tsk! Tsk! Tsk!
    Yeah looks exactly the same.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Thompson View Post
    Really glad you guys are enjoying the preview. Hope you like the issue next week!

Just wanted to pop in and manage expectations on one point - the rings.

It's going to come up later in the series (I promise!) but don't expect to see more about them in issue #1 than you can already see in this preview. The reasons for that are mostly due to trying to coordinate between Gold 30 and MMX 1 (which were being drawn at the same time - it was a very tough coordination to do all around for everyone - and David and Oscar were terrific under tough circumstances). Anyway, as a result we weren't able to integrate the rings successfully into Gold 30...which means I couldn't integrate them into MMX in a way that made sense...but it will be coming up later.
    Makes sense, thanks for letting us know! It's so good to see both Rogue and Gambit happy for once. Can't wait to read the first issue next week! Feels good to know that Remy and Rogue are in good hands!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I thought Rogue was the "Colossus has a sister?" list.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I thought Rogue was the "Colossus has a sister?" list.
    Rogue is just using her as a teleport service since Colossus grabbed Kurt.

Astonishing Member

I thought it looked fairly clear that Rogue grabbed majik to teleport her to the mansion to find the collar and then port back to the wedding. It's not like they have to be bff's for that. Majik wants to do something helpful after torching her brother's wedding and feeling terrible for that, so she's not being as 'creepy' as she normally would.

Edit: D'oh, I was too slow!

All hail the Magik School Bus...