Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    Not really that excited about an "alternate timeline".
    Yeah, it didn't work for Star Trek, IMO. I'm not excited either for Alternate Timeline Star Wars. But who knows, I might be pleasantly surprised. I'll certainly give it a chance. I'm a Star Wars fan for life, no matter what. Even though I was disappointed overall by the Rise of Skywalker, I'd much rather they do an alternate timeline/reboot than crap all over aspects of established canon via a drastic retcon (or series of retcons) such as occurred recently with Doctor Who.
    Last edited by Celgress; 04-29-2020 at 03:58 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Maybe it will star Doctor Aphra. Hey, did you know that Doctor Aphra is the Star Wars equivalent of Indiana Jones? I'm probably the first person to tell you that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Yeah, it didn't work for Star Trek, IMO. I'm not excited either for Alternate Timeline Star Wars. But who knows, I might be pleasantly surprised. I'll certainly give it a chance. I'm a Star Wars fan for life, no matter what. Even though I was disappointed overall by the Rise of Skywalker, I'd much rather they do an alternate timeline/reboot than crap all over aspects of established canon via a drastic retcon (or series of retcons) such as occurred recently with Doctor Who.
    The Kelvin 'verse revitalised Trek, what hurt it was Into Darkness quality. Beyond stared the ship back to where it should be but the damage was done. SW should be fine as long as they provide consistent quality.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    The Kelvin 'verse revitalised Trek, what hurt it was Into Darkness quality. Beyond stared the ship back to where it should be but the damage was done. SW should be fine as long as they provide consistent quality.
    That's kind of the problem. Star Wars doesn't have consistency. The episode movies are all crap, had one really good movie with Rouge One and meh at best with Solo. The Mandalorian is carrying the franchise on it's back right now and I don't see the high republic or this rumored series providing ample support.

The Kelvin 'verse revitalised Trek....
    I don't think Star Trek needed such revitalizing, but that's just me. I would have much preferred a continuation of Post-Voyager Trek than a reboot/prequel. At last, we are getting that continuation (of sorts) now with Picard. No need to reinvent the wheel when it rolls just fine.
    Last edited by Celgress; 04-30-2020 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Looks like maybe a third live action that might revolve around a female protagonist, ...

https://deadline.com/2020/04/new-sta...us-1202915221/
    It's so wonderful to see Disney so enthusiastically & proudly announce this exciting project for the true Star Wars fans. It's what all Star Wars fans have been long asking for.

Can't. Wait.

Extraordinary Member

Big problem was also the budgets of these movies, even the best of the "main timeline" movies didn't made that kind of money.

I don't think Star Trek needed such revitalizing, but that's just me. I would have much preferred a continuation of Post-Voyager Trek than a reboot/prequel. At last, we are getting that continuation (of sorts) now with Picard. No need to reinvent the wheel when it rolls just fine.
    I think that is the case for most fans, I don't get why they tried to do reboots and prequels over an over again.

When it comes to Picard, it was OK, but I would have preferred to get a more classical Trek Show (with a new crew) or a proper movie (and if it just made for Streaming) with the complete TNG cast.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    When it comes to Picard, it was OK, but I would have preferred to get a more classical Trek Show (with a new crew) or a proper movie (and if it just made for Streaming) with the complete TNG cast.
    New crew. Scrubbed teens in a Starfleet Academy series, perhaps, with more than the usual amount of aliens, please! I loved the old crew and the old shows, but, they're old. Let it go, let it go, let it go, as the ice princess sang.

But anywho, as for a new Disney+ Star Wars series with a female lead? I'm fond of Qi'ra, from Solo. Or Mara Jade, obviously, but she comes with a whole lot of canon-adjacent baggage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    New crew. Scrubbed teens in a Starfleet Academy series, perhaps, with more than the usual amount of aliens, please! I loved the old crew and the old shows, but, they're old. Let it go, let it go, let it go, as the ice princess sang.

But anywho, as for a new Disney+ Star Wars series with a female lead? I'm fond of Qi'ra, from Solo. Or Mara Jade, obviously, but she comes with a whole lot of canon-adjacent baggage.
    I think a Starfleet setting is essential to a Strek Trek series and was sorely missing from Picard (which was one of several reasons why I hated the first season of the show).

Yeah, I'd be down for Mara or Qi'ra as the star of their own Star Wars series.

Although it's a bit more "rag tag" Picard's current crew is pretty much composed of ex-starfleet (Raffi, Seven,Jurati, Rios, Picard himself) apart from Elnor and Soji. Not exactly an official Starfleet crew, but sort of.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Although it's a bit more "rag tag" Picard's current crew is pretty much composed of ex-starfleet (Raffi, Seven,Jurati, Rios, Picard himself) apart from Elnor and Soji. Not exactly an official Starfleet crew, but sort of.
    Just to clarify, I said setting NOT crew members. Up until now EVERY Star Trek series or movie has taken place on a Starfleet vessel or space station, none have attempted to be Firefly Lite until this one. A Starfleet setting is an essential part of a Star Trek adaptation, IMO, thus why I reject Picard.

Ultimate Member

Just to clarify, I said setting NOT crew members. Up until now EVERY Star Trek series or movie has taken place on a Starfleet vessel or space station, none have attempted to be Firefly Lite until this one. A Starfleet setting is an essential part of a Star Trek adaptation, IMO, thus why I reject Picard.
    I think there's room for an ex-Starfleet/Starfleet washout/civilian crew Trek series set in the world of Trek, but not actually filled with Starfleet people, but such a show shouldn't have Picard and Seven of Nine in the cast, IMO. While I didn't care for the show at all, I feel like Voyager did a better job of integrating Starfleet people with non-Starfleet crew (former Maquis Chakotay, Paris and B'ehlanna, who, admittedly, all at least had *some* Starfleet experience).

^DS9 also had several members of the regular cast who weren't starfleet (Odo, Quark, Garak, Kira)
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

^DS9 also had several members of the regular cast who weren't starfleet (Odo, Quark, Garak, Kira)
    Once again I said setting, not crew members. I have zero objections to non-Starfleet stars/crew members. My beef is with Picard not preserving the Starfleet setting which I feel is integral to a Star Trek adaptation. For example, Star Wars without lightsabers or the Force (if such an adaption were made) wouldn't feel like Star Wars to most fans.
    Last edited by Celgress; 05-30-2020 at 05:48 PM.

Once again I said setting, not crew members. I have zero objections to non-Starfleet stars/crew members. My beef is with Picard not preserving the Starfleet setting which I feel is integral to a Star Trek adaptation. For example, Star Wars without lightsabers or the Force (if such an adaption were made) wouldn't feel like Star Wars to most fans.
    I really liked SOLO and there was not even a mention of the force and the only lightsaber was at the end for a second with Darth Maul, I think a Star Wars movie with out such can be done well.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting