Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

So, apparently, Snyder considered showing Diana holding the severed heads of soldiers. Even considering it isn't a positive comment on how he views some of these characters.

Ultimate Member

Didn't Snyder also have it that Robin used a spear?

I really wish people stopped treating cynicism and brutality as 'realism', character wise.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Didn't Snyder also have it that Robin used a spear?

I really wish people stopped treating cynicism and brutality as 'realism', character wise.

Yeah. Different people have different viewpoints, moral codes, ways of operation, etc. Automatically assuming otherwise, is itself unrealistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I doubt it is hyptotehtical. Marvel has some rules of how their movies are made. those rules tend to not mesh with comic films made outside of the MCU.
    Everyone knew for sure that when MCU got spiderman, Disney stressed a lot on the wronged kid approach right down to how he can fight in action scenes. Holland gave many interviews on the importance to make spiderman enduring to ''kids'' and that means, a university spiderman is not relatable from a disney pov, please have you seen any disney tv show that is set in university? which is strange because 90s spiderman animation is set in a newyork university where Felicia Harvey and Peter Attend.

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a3...red-explained/

https://whatculture.com/film/8-filmm...marvel-studios

https://screenrant.com/marvel-thor-2...nkins-branagh/

Those who say Snyder is a bad story teller but admits he knows how to do VFX, Action scenes and cinematography, very high chance that even that undoubted talent of Snyder would not be wanted by marvel for shallow reasons, in other words, we cant sell toys with that.
    Nothing you posted was a response to what I said. The only genuine complaint is Wright and Whedon. Jenkins didn't like the script so left. Ava was in talks and it didn't work out. That happens all the time. Also Derrickson left because of scheduling conflicts. The marvel movies have to release in a certain order. Of course they aren't gonna delay the movie just because the director asked. Given covid they probably could of but that's hindsight and we got a better director in Raimi imo. 23 movies and barely any issues. That's an amazing track record. Again The flash has had more issues with just one movie. Not to mention the Studio interference in other movies. You can share your opinion that the MCU isn't good but you can't say they have a history of issues with Directors. Comapred to other studios Marvel has an amazing track record

Not that I disagree with the larger point. Avengers always made efforts to save citizens. Superman made one effort, I think. I remember an old youtube video where somebody was trying to refute the argument of "How many people did Superman save" and he came up with a larger number than Superman II. Totally missing the point that it wasn't how many he saved, it was how many he failed to save. Superman II: 0. Man of Steel: Lots more.
    He saved a few people from zods gang in superman 2. Don't forget the lady with the stroller who stood under a falling sign for 5 min till superman saves her when she had plenty of time to just move over a few feet out from under the signs path! Zod even is shocked by superman saving people "are they his pets?" and starts using them by attacking them to distract superman to attack sneak him. Ironic thing is again everyone they killed was mostly outside the city and not in the city fight!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    He saved a few people from zods gang in superman 2. Don't forget the lady with the stroller who stood under a falling sign for 5 min till superman saves her when she had plenty of time to just move over a few feet out from under the signs path! Zod even is shocked by superman saving people "are they his pets?" and starts using them by attacking them to distract superman to attack sneak him. Ironic thing is again everyone they killed was mostly outside the city and not in the city fight!
    Which is good, except they're small scale and if he doesn't see you he's going to let trucks being thrown at him in your direction fall right where they are without blocking them - that's what happened in the Smallville fight. Thankfully no-one was behind him but he didn't know that. Clark really sucks at being aware of his surroundings in these movies. Zod and Superman destroyed buildings, a single building during a busy workday is three figures easy because evacuating tall buildings in the real world takes hours, not minutes. Metropolis itself was war zone with that gravity machine, the gravity machine itself would have killed thousands and then there's the smaller aftermath, there wasn't just on person buried in rubble during all this. Millions could have died, easily, for that third act in Metropolis. It wasn't a small town, it was a large city during the week.

The reason dc never got going was because johns fucked over snyder. They should of just left batman v superman and suicide squad alone. Once snyder had a personal tragedy they jumped at the chance to get rid of him. Justice league went on to be a disaster.

Snyder's vision and dark tone was infinitely better than the marvel stuff. Marvel created a good connected universe and I enjoyed it. The netflix marvel shows are WAYyyyy better imo.

I don't understand why dc is stuck in this everything has to be a movie. Matt Reeves crime predcidual is the way to go. There is no reason why the big three can't have shows on hbo max. Telling a story in a long form show is so much better than a film. I kind of wish Matt Reeves The batman was just a 12/13 episode season. I don't see how everything in that film can't just be the first 3 episodes. They could of weaved the show they are doing around the film.

Marvel has pivoted and started Doing straight shows for Disney channel. I think they are understanding that people want 10 to 12 hour seasons (in movie quality) of their fav hero's and want to go on five to six season journeys. Dc and warner brothers are stuck in the idea their major ips have to only be done in movies. Hopefully Snyder's justice league being broken into four parts helps them see the light.

Mighty Member

Snyder's probably ready to make a movie honoring the "patriotic" uprising of Jan. 6.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    Snyder's probably ready to make a movie honoring the "patriotic" uprising of Jan. 6.
    Is he a right wing lunatic?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Is he a right wing lunatic?
    Nah, he's a libertarian. So I'm guessing he hates regulations but he's just as socially liberal as any other Hollywood director. Atleast from what I've seen.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Nah, he's a libertarian. So I'm guessing he hates regulations but he's just as socially liberal as any other Hollywood director. Atleast from what I've seen.
    That mob yesterday was Snyder's libertarians in action. They must have cheered a the bomb scene in bvs. And for the record, I don't give a flying f@#k for MCU!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    That's more a Michael Bay thing, really

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Trail View Post
    So, apparently, Snyder considered showing Diana holding the severed heads of soldiers. Even considering it isn't a positive comment on how he views some of these characters.
    I’ve said this before and will say it again, Snyder has “dude bro” mentality where stuff has to be “dark” and “mean” to be “kewl”. It’s why his film making sensibility doesn’t really favor the characters he was marshaling. It’s also why Watchmen (although a well made movie) somewhat re-contextualized the characters of the story (and why some alt-right clowns see Rorsarch as some kind of hero instead of the crazy, paranoid bigot that he was in the graphic novel...but then again, this is the alt right we’re talking about). Ultimately, Snyder is edge lord at its worst but if people like it more power to them.

Wonder Woman holding the severed heads of falling soldiers is as Snyder as it gets. It’s brutal, it’s disgusting but that’s just how Snyder does his superheroes.

Snyder retweeted a political ad recently, but it's difficult to say even which party he endorsed among the cringy Snyder-Cult gushing in this article: https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/...artisan-again/.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    The reason dc never got going was because johns fucked over snyder. They should of just left batman v superman and suicide squad alone. Once snyder had a personal tragedy they jumped at the chance to get rid of him. Justice league went on to be a disaster.
    Snyder f***ed Snyder, his usefulness to the WB was spent by the disastrous Batman vs Superman, the only reason he got to direct Justice League after that was because they contracted him to the film before the reactions to the movie were in. Snyder got far too much freedom on B vs S as it was. They should have left Suicide Squad alone, I agree. Nobody could have saved Justice league, including Snyder. If anything Whedon made it less of a train wreck.

Snyder's vision and dark tone was infinitely better than the marvel stuff. Marvel created a good connected universe and I enjoyed it.
    What about the DCEU movies which skewed toward Marvel in tone? Harley, Aquaman, the Wonder Woman movies, Shazam?

The netflix marvel shows are WAYyyyy better imo.
    I miss them, especially Daredevil.

I don't understand why dc is stuck in this everything has to be a movie. Matt Reeves crime predcidual is the way to go. There is no reason why the big three can't have shows on hbo max. Telling a story in a long form show is so much better than a film. I kind of wish Matt Reeves The batman was just a 12/13 episode season. I don't see how everything in that film can't just be the first 3 episodes. They could of weaved the show they are doing around the film.
    They've been working on tv shows behind the scenes for a while, like the Amazon tv show based on Wonder Woman that's been in development for years. Right now James Gunn is the show runner on a Peacemaker series for HBO max and there's the Green Lantern show. Hamada is pivoting more toward HBO Max, low budget movies and tv shows - I think Marvel really put the fear of god into them with the recent announcement about their tv division.

Marvel has pivoted and started Doing straight shows for Disney channel. I think they are understanding that people want 10 to 12 hour seasons (in movie quality) of their fav hero's and want to go on five to six season journeys. Dc and warner brothers are stuck in the idea their major ips have to only be done in movies. Hopefully Snyder's justice league being broken into four parts helps them see the light.
    Marvel's not just doing that, they are doing that for less popular and obscure characters they are also doing something like 4 movies for theatres a year. They have Eternals, Shang-Chi, Black Widow, Spider-man 3, Dr. Strange 2, Ant-man 3 and others coming up. Snyder's Cut is a mini-series now, he just put them all together for the theatre release.