Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

i just finally got around to finishing Si Spurriers interview with the Power of X podcast and I'm so happy that he said Dazzler will play a significant role in Way of X, I've missed her so much
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

The Poster FKA Firebaton ThomBoleyn's Avatar

She will be a welcome and interesting addition to that cast.
    The first issue was strong and gave us a ton of things to think about as readers.
    I don't post often, but I like to chime in now and again.

The Disco costume is definitely not my favorite Dazzler costume, but it's still a nice piece of art.
    Thanks for sharing it, juan678

I kind of miss Dazzler's strawberry blonde hair (I guess light orange on paper lol). Somewhere along the way they made her blonde blonde and now when some artists (like Greg Land) draw her, she becomes indistinguishable from Emma.

Yeah, it's annoying when the comics can't even get a characters hair right. Especially when it causes confusion as to who the character is supposed to be, as you said. Not as many characters have the Strawberry hair color, so I dont know why they don't use it instead. Makes her more unique. And besides, the strawberry blond hair is jus better looking for the character, in my opinion.

I looked at some Dazzler art, and I was surprised at how long her hair has been miss colored. It goes back decades in a lot of her comic appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I kind of miss Dazzler's strawberry blonde hair (I guess light orange on paper lol). Somewhere along the way they made her blonde blonde and now when some artists (like Greg Land) draw her, she becomes indistinguishable from Emma.
    This, 1000 %

Same thing has happened to Julia Carpenter at times.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

she needs her own solo TV series, whenever the mutants are finally brought into the MCU. lots of new songs. hire expert songwriters. hire an actress who can really sing and dance.

Its canon that Dazzler wears wigs so she can appear with any hair color she wants and it not be "wrong"

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I had a couple of starts and starts with her Gala look: but it’s going well-
    F46BBC50-CD35-4E6B-A3D2-9A5B0110C331.jpg
    3D7703B4-1B9D-412F-ACF1-42A812884793.jpg

I’m pretty stoked about her appearances in both X-Factor last month which was actually a pretty phenomenal
    Show for our girl. The entire thing was basically a huge Dazzler concert as the background for the foreground storyline! The art was amazing, the storytelling was tight, and Dazzler and Shatterstar ALMOST had their moment but I think Shatty did a nod to their relationship in a way. Good job
    As of her appearances in Way of X- I’m stoked! Wanna know why? Because Sam spurrier can’t ‘Brit’ his way into this character. All his characters are so blatantly British and HIM and now he’s gonna have to write her as a foil to his usually moody characters so she’ll be outstandingly American, popular, sexy, and well Dazzlery as a contrast. He has to actually write her as her characterrrr! Yay!
    Also I’m pumping out this hellfire look and hope to get it in a book somehow someway.

And yes. If they can get ICEMAN’s mousey brown hair color correct for like 60 years, they can get Ali’s strawberry blonde right. Come on guys, it makes her brassy and kind of a firecracker. She’s supposed to stand out with her strawberry mane!

BANNED

I'm still hoping Dazzler hooks up with Nightcrawler at the gala.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its canon that Dazzler wears wigs so she can appear with any hair color she wants and it not be "wrong"
    It’s also “cannon” what we said. That the colorists have abandoned strawberry blonde for bombshell blonde on more than one character.

Looks like they’re getting it right for Lindsay McCabe in this upcoming scene:

199BCEE1-3213-4603-97BE-970AAFD79F57.jpg
    Last edited by danielsan52; 06-08-2021 at 05:29 PM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume