Page 495 of 655 FirstFirst ... 395445485491492493494495496497498499505545595 ... LastLast
Results 7,411 to 7,425 of 9824

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    See, nothing to worry there, Storms loves all kind of creatures equally and I see humans compared to insects all the time when I watch nat geo documentaries
    Sure, she lovingly compares humans to insects… When I think about the sweet, compassionate girl Ororo Munro was… my point is that the Phoenix is not the only thing that can taint X-women…

End the X-men, Marvel… they are unrecognizable, now.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Sure, she lovingly compares humans to insects… When I think about the sweet, compassionate girl Ororo Munro was… my point is that the Phoenix is not the only thing that can taint X-women…

I don't like it therefore it shouldn't exist? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post

Haven’t read the panel in question but I’m sure Ororo meant well, she alone could have wiped out the human race multiple times and she always valued other people lives at the cost of risking her own.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Is this the sentence you are talking about? Because if so... then there is no discussion to be had.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 06-20-2021 at 12:00 PM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Yes, exactly. The X-Men used to protect humanity for reasons other than "because what about the ecosystem", and far less begrudgingly. Glad the new X-Men aren't bound by the half-supervillain council, or at least that's what the writers claim.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I don't like it therefore it shouldn't exist? Lol
    Some people don't like everything about the Hickman era, or the various retcons and characterization reboots abound in it.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I swear...there are three and four different versions of the comics on the shelf for some readers to draw the conclusions they get. Either that or...
    Either way, Rakurai is absolutely correct...there is absolutely no discussion to be had.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Ultimate Member

I think Storm's point there was not comparing humanity to bees, specifically, but pointing out that mutantkind's future is still tied to humanity, in that, for most cases, a mutant is born to human parents, and letting them all die off is like butterflies going on a genocidal rampage against caterpillars.

Well mutants can give birth to mutants, and is the stated goal of Law 2. So they don't really need humans for that anymore.

Though I wonder what's happen if mutant parents had a human kid in this era. Given the sliding timeline it basically couldn't happen as a story, but it's an interesting bidea. Would they just kick them off the island?
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 06-20-2021 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Is this the sentence you are talking about? Because if so... then there is no discussion to be had.
    Wow, that’s a very considerate comparison, there is no discussion whatsoever, how can people even paint this as negative ?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Well mutants can give birth to mutants, and is the stated goal of Law 2. So they don't really need humans for that anymore.

Though I wonder what's happen if mutant parents had a human kid in this era. Given the sliding timeline it basically couldn't happen as a story, but it's an interesting bidea. Would they just kick them off the island?
    Yeah, the answer is unknowable, because non-mutants are completely banned from Krakoa- Kyle, Broo, Captain Britain, Starjammers, etc, are not allowed...

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah, the answer is unknowable, because non-mutants are completely banned from Krakoa- Kyle, Broo, Captain Britain, Starjammers, etc, are not allowed...
    Well the second law is Make More Mutants. In theory, mutants who gave birth to a human child would be considered in violation of that law.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Its really very sad that "fans" of the X-Men don't understand the use of an allegory, Storm made a comparison about how species rely on other species and people condemn her for comparing people to bees? That's beyond just missing the point and into the realm of willful ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Not true, Kyle lives there, Shogo lived there. Apocalypse offered to take Brian Braddock there. Jean Grey said that non-mutants could come if they were brought by a mutant. They are pretty restrictive but not nearly to the point you are implying.

Well the second law is Make More Mutants. In theory, mutants who gave birth to a human child would be considered in violation of that law.
    Bullcrap, we already know this is false because Shogo was living there without any problems until Jubilee chose to go the the lighthouse in Excalibur. This is pure nonsense, the 2nd law says nothing about penalizing people who don't have kids or whos kids turn out human. You are making up things that haven't even been hinted at in an attempt to throw shade at Krakoa.
    Last edited by Kisinith; 06-20-2021 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Wow, that’s a very considerate comparison, there is no discussion whatsoever, how can people even paint this as negative ?
    Seems to me that some are being obtuse about gonnagiveittoya's point: Storm isn't directly saying humans are as low as bees, but when have the X-Men fought for humans because of the ecosystem? Or how humans benefit mutants? Used to be that the X-Men would defend even hateful humans because it was the right thing to do.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Maybe not that far, but if the second law states only to have children, isn't that compulsion? I'm sure the writers would simply say that there's no enforcement on this law anyway, but then why word the law that way other than shock/design value?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.