Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default Superman on the new WB Studio Tour banner

I was seriously debating if I should post this or not because it’s pretty telling. Margot Harley, Maoma Aquaman, and Gal WW are the “main” versions and will continue. Keaton is coming back soon as the “main” Batman apparently. And then you get Chris Reeve Superman rather than Cavill. I’m sure I’m reading too much into this but it feels like another reminder that Cavill will be joining Routh.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

The use of Reeve Superman is pretty indicative of the post-2016 mantra that is occurring for Clark in pretty much every medium outside of games

Classic Superman at all costs

Superman and Lois is essentially about an evil Superman being a villain to be beaten by classic Superman

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I was seriously debating if I should post this or not because it’s pretty telling. Margot Harley, Maoma Aquaman, and Gal WW are the “main” versions and will continue. Keaton is coming back soon as the “main” Batman apparently. And then you get Chris Reeve Superman rather than Cavill. I’m sure I’m reading too much into this but it feels like another reminder that Cavill will be joining Routh.
    CGI Reeve replacing Cavill in the DCEU confirmed.

I don't know how you could take it any other way than indicative that Cavill and Affleck are firmly in the rearview.

That’s too many magic users for a JL lineup.

On one hand its sad. On another, I mean talk about still being the freaking benchmark. He stands out still. Same with Keaton. They look better next to Gal than the Snyder versions do, lol.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    CGI Reeve replacing Cavill in the DCEU confirmed.
    You know they would do it if they could
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I don't know how you could take it any other way than indicative that Cavill and Affleck are firmly in the rearview.
    Especially with how the set photos from the Flash pretty clearly show Keaton and Supergirl are on Barry’s Earth. They’re totally writing those two out, Affleck getting straight up deleted and Cavill maybe getting succeeded by his daughter.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I don't think it's a deliberate slight, but it's definitely where my mind went lol. It makes sense to use the benchmarks when they are still in the transition period between new versions and they don't know for sure how Pattinson will be received, and Superman isn't even that far along yet.

Incredible Member

So does this mean Supergirl in Flashpoint is the Helen Slater version?

I'm not sure about Keaton, but Reeves is iconic and it makes sense to put him here. Its not like they had some potential alternatives for Aquaman or Harley and I think Gal is close to being iconic WW now as well.

Keaton is absolutely iconic. Batman 89 was a cultural phenomenon when it came out. I wasn't even alive then but its still written about today as huge movie that set the stage for how modern superhero films and blockbusters in general are marketed.
    Last edited by Holt; 06-20-2021 at 12:51 PM.

Yeah Keaton along with Miller and Moore is what revamped Batman in pop culture after the “old shame” of the Adam West TV show. Still Bale was in 2 billion dollar movies that were pop culture phenomenons in their own right, they could’ve used him but they instead went with Keaton. Just hard to shake the feeling it was intentional.

BANNED

I think it is due to 3 reasons.
    1: make it clear who is staying and who is leaving.
    2: they are the most iconic versions.
    3: a clue of the future, we will see the classic superman in the flash movie.

I'm genuinely surprised they're not using Pattinson's Batman.
    Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    Superman and Lois is essentially about an evil Superman being a villain to be beaten by classic Superman
    Not really? Unless you view Edge as an evil Superman.