Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Anthem Gameplay

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Funny thing is most of what I'm hearing from ppl presently playing the game now keep saying they're enjoying it and aren't having any major issues. Those are the reviews that count. These EA hater critics don't have any credibility from the start.
    I've seen user reviews trash Anthem just as hard if not moreso than professional ones. Even those do praise the gameplay. Everything else is what sucks donkey balls.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I've seen user reviews trash Anthem just as hard if not moreso than professional ones. Even those do praise the gameplay. Everything else is what sucks donkey balls.
    This was the metacritic rating and user ratings for the game at one point ...

This was the metacritic rating for PS4...

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/anthem

It actually scored the worst on the very platform that Microsoft has a deal with comically.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/anthem
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

The gameplay is the most important thing in a game. And haters gonna hate, I doubt those rating are from present players. "Oh the gameplay is good but the game still sucks." Yeah no logic in that.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 02-26-2019 at 08:30 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Haven't tried Storm yet, looks fun.

So far i have unlocked the ranger of course (which i love) and the interceptor. (which i found good but a bit lacking compared to the ranger)

I haven't really the time to play a lot right now, job and stuff, but in the end i think that's a good thing. I don't think it's a game you should play 6 hours a day or something. It's real good when you immerse yourself in the world, read all the lore elements, chat with some characters, do a couple of missions and then skip to something else. 1 hour here, 1 hour there.

But well, people love to hate that game. It's the cool thing to do right now and really there is no helping it. And no point really. In some months many will come back and say it's the best **** ever. (as it happened with no man's land)

That's the weird cycle of internet life.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The gameplay is the most important thing in a game. And haters gonna hate, I doubt those rating are from present players. "Oh the gameplay is good but the game still sucks." Yeah no logic in that.
    When the missions are repetitive, shitty load times that team tethering makes worse, apparently unrewarding loot, unrewarding exploration, non-existent endgame. Everything around the gameplay is garbage. Feeling like Iron Man can only go so far.

As for "gameplay is good but game still sucks" is how I would describe Resident Evil 6 and I like that game.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

When the missions are repetitive, shitty load times that team tethering makes worse, apparently unrewarding loot, unrewarding exploration, non-existent endgame. Everything around the gameplay is garbage. Feeling like Iron Man can only go so far.

As for "gameplay is good but game still sucks" is how I would describe Resident Evil 6 and I like that game.
    Actually a funny story has came out after the patch that Bioware did . As the game released Bioware did a patch to fix issues after the whole beta issues. Well as Angry Joe and Cleanprincegaming mentioned the patch did something else. It actually made those loot drops worth it and for 11 hours people were actually getting great loot in the game as they completed things. It was like the game could have been what a loot shooter they claimed it was.

Then Bioware came in and changed it back claiming it was a mistake and ruined the game again. It was perhaps the funniest...saddest part of this games deal. They had started to please players and repair the damage. Instead ruined it back.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

There are no shitty load times watch my vids and tell me where you see them, Exploration and loot is rewarding cuz you can use what you find to craft better weapons and more powerful abilities. You might actually wanna play a game before you choose to criticize it on non-existent points and youtube trolls.

"Gameplay is good but the game sucks" Is the height of a troll argument. It's a game....
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 02-26-2019 at 04:47 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Haven't tried Storm yet, looks fun.

So far i have unlocked the ranger of course (which i love) and the interceptor. (which i found good but a bit lacking compared to the ranger)

I haven't really the time to play a lot right now, job and stuff, but in the end i think that's a good thing. I don't think it's a game you should play 6 hours a day or something. It's real good when you immerse yourself in the world, read all the lore elements, chat with some characters, do a couple of missions and then skip to something else. 1 hour here, 1 hour there.

But well, people love to hate that game. It's the cool thing to do right now and really there is no helping it. And no point really. In some months many will come back and say it's the best **** ever. (as it happened with no man's land)

That's the weird cycle of internet life.
    Yeah man that's what I do. I guess if I was one these ppl who could devote 50 hrs to a game in 2 days -I'd probably be disappointed too lol. It's cool to hate certain things, no logic just emotion.

Yeah it's a pretty fun game just unlocked a new javelin -Storm- today. Gotta lotta new firepower compared with Ranger imo.
    Oh yea those combos are great with Storm. Dont use Ranget anymore. Also I play with no mic and unlike destiny this game doesnt require insane cooperation. Just players that know what to do and play smart. I don't have friends who play video games like this online. I'm the nerd of the group so I like that I can play this without the akward proposition of talking to stranger everytime I wanna play

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Oh yea those combos are great with Storm. Dont use Ranget anymore. Also I play with no mic and unlike destiny this game doesnt require insane cooperation. Just players that know what to do and play smart. I don't have friends who play video games like this online. I'm the nerd of the group so I like that I can play this without the akward proposition of talking to stranger everytime I wanna play
    Yeah the combos are way better with Storm. I don't use Ranger anymore either I think I was better at flying with that armor tho lol. Yeah on missions you cud either just follow the markers or follow the ppl that see them first it doesn't take insane cooperation like say Overwatch were one person can make you lose. No mic is a plus you never know what ppl are gonna say...

Yeah the combos are way better with Storm. I don't use Ranger anymore either I think I was better at flying with that armor tho lol. Yeah on missions you cud either just follow the markers or follow the ppl that see them first it doesn't take insane cooperation like say Overwatch were one person can make you lose. No mic is a plus you never know what ppl are gonna say...
    Yea got the Colossus now too and still prefer Storm. So its says uncommon javalin. Do you unlock rare and legendary javalins later in the game or as your equipment score goes up does the javalins go into rare territory etc...?

Extraordinary Member

Yea got the Colossus now too and still prefer Storm. So its says uncommon javalin. Do you unlock rare and legendary javalins later in the game or as your equipment score goes up does the javalins go into rare territory etc...?
    Yeah I'm pretty sure the legendary javs unlock later in the game after certain missions. I cud be wrong tho still learning about it.

Yeah I'm pretty sure the legendary javs unlock later in the game after certain missions. I cud be wrong tho still learning about it.
    You level your Javalin up as your gear score goes up. My Storm is now Rare(Blue). Maybe there will be special legendary or masterwork ones in the future. But for now you just level up your Javalins through your gear score.

The gameplay is fun but I'm finding the End game stuff to be seriously lacking and the campaign was way too short to not have more content for the endgame. Kinda a bummer cause I was loving this game.

Extraordinary Member

You level your Javalin up as your gear score goes up. My Storm is now Rare(Blue). Maybe there will be special legendary or masterwork ones in the future. But for now you just level up your Javalins through your gear score.

The gameplay is fun but I'm finding the End game stuff to be seriously lacking and the campaign was way too short to not have more content for the endgame. Kinda a bummer cause I was loving this game.
    I haven't made it to the end yet. But I would say they do need to add a waypoint system, having to constantly open up the map is ridiculous. Hope they add more content to the endgame soon. Still having fun tho.