Page 429 of 662 FirstFirst ... 329379419425426427428429430431432433439479529 ... LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,435 of 9921
    Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I agree with all of this. I kind of likened it to how saiyans become super saiyans. she wouldn't have to be in the state all the time and would only access it when absolutely necessary as you mentioned.

I also completely agree coates should be the one to define what this is and exactly how her powers manifest. how would you distinguish her abilities between mutant and godly?
    You pose a great question. Honestly, I wouldn't have made a distinction between her mutant and so-called god powers. Because, let's be real, Storm already has a deep powerset that few writers, if any, have fully explored. Why add god powers onto that? For me, it would've been easier for everyone involved to simply write that her mutant powers increased, strengthened, whatever. Maybe, as we talked about already, she is more durable, has greater stamina, perhaps even more control over her powers or elements on different planets. It makes more sense, IMO, to stay as close to her original powerset as possible.

But I don't know where Coates plans to go with her godhood but I'm hoping for simplistic over complicated. The more complicated it is the even less chance other writers will write Storm as a goddess.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 10-10-2019 at 10:58 AM.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    That's also a good point. However, i'm sure they were in contact with each other. Because Shuri was more or less a tie-in for why T'Challa left. So, i'm sure the Hadari Yao had to be discussed between them.
    Actually, I believe they probably did collaborate in some way, although we can't know for sure. I do wish, if that's the route Coates plans on taking with Ororo's godhood that he would've introduced it himself instead of having it done in a tie-in by a different writer. I like that Okorafor is a sister writer and has been given a wonderful opportunity but I am not a fan of her comic book writing.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 10-10-2019 at 10:53 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Actually, I believe they probably did collaborate in some way, although we can't know for sure. I do wish, if that's the route Coates plans on taking with Ororo's godhood that he would've introduced it himself instead of having it done in a tie-in by a different writer. I like that Okorafor is a sister writer and has been given a wonderful opportunity but I am not a fan of her comic book writing.
    Her comic book writing was "EH", but I can appreciate them incorporating that concept of Storm into her Story. I don't like to assume what a Writer is thinking or wants to do unless he/she directly says it themselves. But for the sake of conversation If that is what Coates is planning on doing we can only hope it's the Next arc OR the end of this one.........

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    You pose a great question. Honestly, I wouldn't have made a distinction between her mutant and so-called go powers. Because, let's be real, Storm already has a deep powerset that few writers have fully explored. Why add god powers onto that? For me, it would've been easier for everyone involved to simply write that her mutant powers increased, strengthen, whatever. Maybe, as we talked about already, she is more durable, has greater stamina, perhaps even more control over her powers or elements on different planets. It makes, IMO, to stay as close to her original powerset as possible.

But I don't know where Coates plans to go with her godhood but I'm hoping for simplistic over complicated. The more complicated it begins the even less chance other writers will write Storm as a goddess.
    So I've been meaning to post this. I may have already actually but Ororo being goddess is something that has been hinted a couple of times in canon:

In Before the Storm, Ororo see hieroglyphics of her older self in her xmen costume being worshipped as a goddess;

She then mentioned that she is not a goddess yet when talking about the power she possesses:

I think her being an omega talks to her having increased mutant power in regards to her weather control. however, what I think should distinguish her is exactly how adversary described it: natural forces versus divine/magical forces. her powers - if it is just weather control - when in her goddess form shouldnt be restricted fo natural means.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

the more I see interviews about this book the more I agree with windrider and almighty. this writer clearly favors Emma and Kitty seems like she will be leading the way as she did in gold. this is eerily similar to the interviews leading to gold. so yea I'm out unless something happens to change what energy I'm getting from this interview.

https://www.newsarama.com/47369-mara...t-grudges.html

actually edit: he says everyone gets their time in the sun. I'm still sitting out but I will wait before casting final judgment.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Xmen 1 Preview:

Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-10-2019 at 12:06 PM.

BANNED

I love it!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I love it!!!!!!!!!
    I do too! it's cute to see them working together. it takes me back to the TAS monorail episode.

do you think her voice is off though? how she talks about humans?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-10-2019 at 12:50 PM.

I found it horrible, storm dialogue is especially upsetting, feels like she is trying to convince herself more than anyone else
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I found it horrible, storm dialogue is especially upsetting, feels like she is trying to convince herself more than anyone else
    I was just asking stormphoenix did he think her voice is off. I get why she would be upset with this sect of humans but having this attitude towards all humans seems really off. maybe Xavier finally tells them what happens in pox that they never win and this has them sounding off?? I dont know but maybe this is why they sound off?

BANNED

I do too! it's cute to see them working together. it takes me back to the TAS monorail episode.

do you think her voice is off though? how she talks about humans?
    Actually, NO.

Her conviction here in this issue to me IMO...........IS STORM. THIS is the Storm I LOVE. I LOVE her and Scott working together. I LOVE how Storm warns Scott to be on the look out and then Scott has her back. I LOVE that stuff. To me THAT IS WHAT A TEAM SHOULD BE!!!!!! This is not a One man job. A Team Effort. And I love it.

But she does sound like XTAS though and that makes me smile....

the more I see interviews about this book the more I agree with windrider and almighty. this writer clearly favors Emma and Kitty seems like she will be leading the way as she did in gold. this is eerily similar to the interviews leading to gold. so yea I'm out unless something happens to change what energy I'm getting from this interview.

https://www.newsarama.com/47369-mara...t-grudges.html

actually edit: he says everyone gets their time in the sun. I'm still sitting out but I will wait before casting final judgment.
    I can understand what Duggan is saying. But again he knows how to write a Team Dynamic so i'm still excited.

I was just asking stormphoenix did he think her voice is off. I get why she would be upset with this sect of humans but having this attitude towards all humans seems really off. maybe Xavier finally tells them what happens in pox that they never win and this has them sounding off?? I dont know but maybe this is why they sound off?
    Baseline humans still need to protect themselves somehow, there is no lack of evil mutants and to expect humans to just surrender it's folly...... this is not about genetics, it's about the human spirit and the will to survive no matter the odds
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Niffleheim

Reading the dialogue it seems like mutants have stopped seeing themselves as human or part of mankind. Ororo's voice, or anybody's voice, wont matter when Hickman's writing a character - he's going to push everyone to their limits.

Xavier, Magneto and Moira are hiding the truth from everyone in Krakoa (i chuckle at this name every time) which is why I'm ok with Scott and Ororo sounding militant and knowing how things will end for mutants kind of lulls me in to accepting their presence stance. Maybe Hickman will surprise us and have mutantkind win the war against mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Reading the dialogue it seems like mutants have stopped seeing themselves as human or part of mankind. Ororo's voice, or anybody's voice, wont matter when Hickman's writing a character - he's going to push everyone to their limits.

Xavier, Magneto and Moira are hiding the truth from everyone in Krakoa (i chuckle at this name every time) which is why I'm ok with Scott and Ororo sounding militant and knowing how things will end for mutants kind of lulls me in to accepting their presence stance. Maybe Hickman will surprise us and have mutantkind win the war against mankind.
    But mutants are mankind as well, that's the problem right there