Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast

I like all of these drawings. I especially like the Sue in the FF bubble and see striking out at the criminal. They used to show Sue occasionalky physically taking on enemies early on in the series and I liked that. I also enjoy seeing her Force Field and Force Field Bubble.

Because I'm bored it's time to talk about Sue's powers again lol.

I want to see more creative and offensive applications of her powers. I've said many times that she could do most things a Green Lantern can do with her force-fields. That's how Marvel should approach her powers in my opinion. Here's a few other applications I've thought of:

1. Using her force-field to compress a large amount if air and releasing it to create a large shock-wave. Like this:

It also plays into the "elemental" aspect of the FF with Sue's being air.

2. More complex shapes - Nothing on the level of a Green Lantern, but I just loved the mecha suit she's done in AU's or when she creates simple weapons (sword, buzzsaw, lances etc.)

3. A form-fitting force-field "suit" - To augment her strength, speed, and defense. It's especially useful when fighting fast and durable enemies. I've brought up this idea before. It's mainly a way to show off her martial art skills which rarely get used due to the nature of her powers. Plus it would grant her the ability to simulate flight without the use of a force-disc, so she could fly at greater speeds.

Last edited by Crimz; 10-29-2019 at 04:39 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post

I want to see more creative and offensive applications of her powers. I've said many times that she could do most things a Green Lantern can do with her force-fields. That's how Marvel should approach her powers in my opinion. Here's a few other applications I've thought of:

1. Using her force-field to compress a large amount if air and releasing it to create a large shock-wave. Like this:

It also plays into the "elemental" aspect of the FF with Sue's being air.

2. More complex shapes - Nothing on the level of a Green Lantern, but I just loved the mecha suit she's done in AU's or when she creates simple weapons (sword, buzzsaw, lances etc.)

3. A form-fitting force-field "suit" - To augment her strength, speed, and defense. It's especially useful when fighting fast and durable enemies. I've brought up this idea before. It's mainly a way to show off her martial art skills which rarely get used due to the nature of her powers. Plus it would grant her the ability to simulate flight without the use of a force-disc, so she could fly at greater speeds.
    I pretty much agree. I doi want to add that if she's capable of creating fields than can defend and keep out incredible amounts of pressure and kinetic energy, she should be able to apply the field to push in as well. I'm sure someone can come up with an example when Sue actually made a field which pushed in on something.

So, basically, copy Armor from the X-Men.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I pretty much agree. I doi want to add that if she's capable of creating fields than can defend and keep out incredible amounts of pressure and kinetic energy, she should be able to apply the field to push in as well. I'm sure someone can come up with an example when Sue actually made a field which pushed in on something.
    What do you mean by push in?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So, basically, copy Armor from the X-Men.
    Pretty much. But only occasionally. It should be one of many tools that she can use rather than a main one.

What do you mean by push in?
    Compressing the air inside the force field.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Sue spinning an invisible fan to create a wind or propeller for a water current.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

All good stuff. But I think Sue is already streets ahead of the other three in the power stakes. Indeed I think there's at least a plausible case to say that apart from the reality warpers at full strength, Sue may be the most powerful one to one combatant in the Marvel-verse...fighting "dirty" there's very few characters that could beat her.

Next time you're bored...I implore you to think of equally imaginative ways to power up Ben.

But my contribution to others things Sue could do...create illusions via manipulation of light. (She must do that to some extent to render herself or other things invisible.)
    Last edited by JackDaw; 10-30-2019 at 05:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    But my contribution to others things Sue could do...create illusions via manipulation of light. (She must do that to some extent to render herself or other things invisible.)
    Sue did that in issue 3 of her miniseries. She uses her powers to make her skin look tan and turn her hair black. Apparently it was an idea she got after talking to Valerie.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Sue did that in issue 3 of her miniseries. She uses her powers to make her skin look tan and turn her hair black. Apparently it was an idea she got after talking to Valerie.
    That development was an excellent way to spotlight differences between Val and Reed. While Reed may (arguably should) have come up with it, Valeria did come up with the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    That's good to hear (I read my comics years in arrears these days...but hopefully will get round to reading this mini one day.)

Let's hope it's developed logically (i.e. Sue is shown as working on it and using it increasingly in coming years...it could be mega useful. And one really strong part of Sue's character is that much more than most heroes she's been shown over the years as diligent, intelligent, and imaginative in pursuing new ways to use her powers. She's not one to let something so rich in potential go undeveloped.)

All good stuff. But I think Sue is already streets ahead of the other three in the power stakes. Indeed I think there's at least a plausible case to say that apart from the reality warpers at full strength, Sue may be the most powerful one to one combatant in the Marvel-verse...fighting "dirty" there's very few characters that could beat her.

Next time you're bored...I implore you to think of equally imaginative ways to power up Ben.

I don't have many new ideas for Ben besides making him stronger. His powerset is the classic superstrength plus sturdiness, it has been explored quite a bit with other heroes. My only problem was that Ben's strength seemed to be stagnated for a long time, but I think Slott is slowly changing that. If anything, I'd say there needs to be more focus on his fighting skills whenever he gets into a fight. Highlight that he's trained and is great at boxing and wrestling.
    Johnny is the member, besides Sue, that I have lots of ideas on how his powers can be used in new ways.

That's good to hear (I read my comics years in arrears these days...but hopefully will get round to reading this mini one day.)

Let's hope it's developed logically (i.e. Sue is shown as working on it and using it increasingly in coming years...it could be mega useful. And one really strong part of Sue's character is that much more than most heroes she's been shown over the years as diligent, intelligent, and imaginative in pursuing new ways to use her powers. She's not one to let something so rich in potential go undeveloped.)
    Thankfully, I don't think it will be overused any time soon. Writers will often likely stick to the usual force-field and invisibility stuff. So that the growth in that particular aspect of her powers will seem natural the few times they do use it.

I think Johhny needs some new ideas for his powers.

Reed is pretty much like Ben, both having explored their powers and possible usage.

Even Reed could learn some new moves. Kamala Khan has similar powers and uses them in different ways than Reed does.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

A tangent..of course...but I’ve said several times that I’d like Ben to be powered up, the one time strong man of the link has been the weakest link in the team for decades now. And moved progressively down the standing in Marvel overall.

Rather than just make him stronger and more durable (that route has been done to death and just strikes me as boring), I’d like to see him get super speed.

That has several advantages...it would make him a fabulously effective fighter, and it would be great fun seeing the artwork for some one of his build doing speed feats. And the opportunities for him to play practical jokes on Johnny would be wondrous. Payback time!