Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

If they are going to bring back Hank then it will probably be six months before Ant-Man 3 since they usually start publishing more content with movie characters near to when they have a movie coming up (like Morbius for example).

I would like to see Hank back as either scientific adventurer Hank or Giant-Man. Raz can take up a new identity since I don't think there is any great attachment to the Giant-Man identity for the character.

Hopefully when/if Hank comes back writers do something new/interesting with the character. I'm a bit bored of the same old new identity, Janet relationship drama, Ultron conflict and depression story cycles we have seen many times before.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Indeed. Rita getting to fly off into the sunset was one of my favorite parts of the 'Dead Avengers' mini during the Chaos Wars event (or whatever it was called...).
    It was said by editorial at the time that she went back to being dead after Chaos War was over though, same with Swordsman.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    When Hank inevitably comes back, it should be as the goddamn President of the United States of America.
    Sure, why not. Even Hydra Cap and Lisa Simpson could...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Man With The Stick View Post
    It was said by editorial at the time that she went back to being dead after Chaos War was over though, same with Swordsman.
    Yeah, that was said out of book, but I like it kept ambiguous. And, somehow, they managed to take a Quinjet with them when they went... wherever.

So Rita might be the one person in the underworld / afterlife with her own private jet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, that was said out of book, but I like it kept ambiguous. And, somehow, they managed to take a Quinjet with them when they went... wherever.

So Rita might be the one person in the underworld / afterlife with her own private jet.
    I am a bit surprised that she never has been properly brought back actually, especially considering how most of the other significant events from The Crossing got retconned or reversed (all the Stark stuff, evil Mantis, Gilgamesh dying). Somebody like Al Ewing, with a knowledge of continuity and fondness for underrated characters, could do good things with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Sure, why not. Even Hydra Cap and Lisa Simpson could...
    Ultimate Cap was president. Hydra Cap was just leader of Hydra using SHIELD's resources.

You can add Ms. Marvel to that list though. Kamala was president in the last (future set) arc of All-New Wolverine.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

For better or worse, That Panel is forever going to be an albatross around Hank’s neck.

Short of revealing that the Hank since just before the breakdown that caused the slap is a LMD and Hank’s been snoozing under Avengers Mansion the whole time (which, to be fair, would certainly be an interesting take on how 616 has changed since the Silver Age), any return by Hank needs to be relatively low-key and miles away from Jan and Tony.

Maybe make the Scientist Supreme thing a real thing and have him go on a cosmic road trip like Strange did?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Maybe make the Scientist Supreme thing a real thing and have him go on a cosmic road trip like Strange did?
    I like me some Hank, but that whole Mighty Avengers riff about the Scientist Supreme sometimes came across as bad fanfic. (Yes, it was attempting to course-correct from decades of bad writing choices regarding the character, but still, a little much, IMO.)

I wouldn't mind some exploration of his actual scientific progression. We get that it's comics, and 'scientists' like Reed and Tony and Hank are inexplicably multi-disciplinary, like the Professor from Gilligan's Island, just arbitrarily good at *everything,* but I'm intrigued particularly by how Pym's research into insect hive-mind collective intelligence and parallel-processing could lead to his study of human brain engrams and the development of AI, like Ultron.

It all dovetails kind of organically into each other, which is neat, and could suggest other areas, such as him being the father of parallel processing computing, and kind of serving as the source of his technical / financial success (since he sure didn't get a million bucks from that ant-telepathy patent...).

(The Pym Particle, on the other hand, I got nuthin,' it kind of comes out of nowhere.)

i'd more believe him as the scientist supreme of AIM. why not try to do what Roberto Dacosta did? the organization doesn't have a background check. and he could do what he does best; odd science.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I know they don't use Goliath much, but that name is taken, so Raz might as well stay as he is, he'd be sharing a name either way.
    Poor Hank created all of these identities and now they are all taken. This guy just can’t catch a break. He’s run out of identities to create. Ant-Man, Giant-Man, Goliath, Yellow Jacket, Dr Pym, Wasp and now Pymtron. What’s left? Hornet? Bumblebee?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Poor Hank created all of these identities and now they are all taken. This guy just can’t catch a break. He’s run out of identities to create. Ant-Man, Giant-Man, Goliath, Yellow Jacket, Dr Pym, Wasp and now Pymtron. What’s left? Hornet? Bumblebee?
    Big Man, Boss Man, Gigantus

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Seriously, they're all "his" technically. If he wants one back, he should be able to have it. Especially if it's one that he hasn't agreed to give away. He gave the Ant-Man suit to Lang. He gave Clint and Bill the means to become Goliath. As for the rest, he didn't agree to it.

If he'd still been the Wasp when he got to save Jan from the Microverse, I'm pretty sure he would have given her the identity back.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Ultimate Member

If there can be two 'Wasps,' then surely there can be two 'Giant-Men.' It's no biggie.

Plus Raz could just use a Hindi word instead (like Vishaal), if Pym didn't want to share the Giant-Man title.

Or Pym could take on whichever of Stature or Stinger Cassie isn't using this week. Girl's following in 'Uncle Hanks' footsteps, changing her identities (and powersets) every couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    Seriously, they're all "his" technically. If he wants one back, he should be able to have it. Especially if it's one that he hasn't agreed to give away. He gave the Ant-Man suit to Lang. He gave Clint and Bill the means to become Goliath. As for the rest, he didn't agree to it.

If he'd still been the Wasp when he got to save Jan from the Microverse, I'm pretty sure he would have given her the identity back.
    That was different. He took up the mantle to honor her. He would have given it back in a heartbeat. It’s starting to look like either Raz is odd man out, Yellow Jacket or a new identity. Mary Jay you should do a poll. I liked him both as Giant-Man and Yellow Jacket. Never as Ant-Man because he just didn’t fit in this identity amongst Thor, Iron Man and the Hulk. He became more of an equal as Giant-Man. Well almost. 12 feet tall didn’t cut the mustard. Now at 100 feet tall he is very formidable.

If he does come back I agree with a previous poster that maybe he’ll have to stay away from Jan and Tony for awhile. He’ll just get smeared even more by writers.

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    Big Man, Boss Man, Gigantus
    Awesome! Thanks for the reminder: