Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Liked everything about this so far

Very much my kind of book

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trilipush View Post
    I think the title's family dynamic will be much more interesting if the husband is just a really normal guy. The stark contrast between Honor's background and her husband's presents a ton of opportunities for interesting character beats and more nuance. The fact that Honor, considering her past, could love a man who is so ordinary also speaks a lot about her desire to live a normal life.
    Agreed. I think it would be interesting to run an arc where the husband finds out and how he deals with it. I'm also curious what Honor does in her post-Silencer career - did they mention it already?

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Liked everything about this so far

Very much my kind of book
    Welcome!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I think the title's family dynamic will be much more interesting if the husband is just a really normal guy. The stark contrast between Honor's background and her husband's presents a ton of opportunities for interesting character beats and more nuance. The fact that Honor, considering her past, could love a man who is so ordinary also speaks a lot about her desire to live a normal life.
    Yeah, I'd rather he was just a normal guy as well. I don't want him to become the cliche killed off husband nor the cliche enemy plant who betrays her. Heck, I don't even want the ole enemy plant who turns against his own group because he honestly fell in love with Honor. For once I'd just like a protagonist whose family is quite normal though they themselves aren't. We have enough of the other sort in comics.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 03-04-2018 at 04:42 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Finally got my hands on issue #2 and man, it was great ! I like how Abnett and Romita are developing the Underlife and Leviathan (even if I do wonder how Honor will survive her encounter with Mr. Remedy!). It also seems to hint that Ben somehow glimpsed what his mother did to Killbox, something I suspected from the get go and seems to be slightly confirmed. Also, he and Blake are some of the best supporting character I've ever read in that kind of story, I hope they'll remains civilians and be used like they are for a long term, it's awesome !

Honor is also a beast, very skilled and powerful, and I like how the fact that she was "reactivated" sent the whole Quietus faction of Leviathan into a frenzy. Next issue can't come out soon enough !

Also, more art from Bogdanovic'w twitter : https://twitter.com/VikBogdanovic/st...91806852018176
    Last edited by Korath; 03-05-2018 at 05:34 AM.

I mean, obviously either Honor is going to kick everyone's butts, or she's going to have help from an unexpected source! At least, that seems to be the way it's looking.

Does anyone think we're going to get to the opening page by the time we get to the end of issue 3? Since we are so far playing catch up to that opening shot?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I mean, obviously either Honor is going to kick everyone's butts, or she's going to have help from an unexpected source! At least, that seems to be the way it's looking.

Does anyone think we're going to get to the opening page by the time we get to the end of issue 3? Since we are so far playing catch up to that opening shot?
    I don't think so. It's seems kind of early and the fact that Ben is here with her seems quite ominous for Blake (hopefully, he isn't also a former assassin or something).

Mighty Member

Default Silencer Appreciation

I don't think the secret organization that she can call after leaving them for several yrs. and dutifully cleans up after her made a whole lot of sense. It kind of pulled me out of the story as not all that believable and we are talking comics here. Too Wildstorm era because who pays for all of this uber tech and how? Otherwise comic well paced although the ninja training,mummy wrap costume, and sound bubble weapon/power needs to be pulled together and explained in the context of this new story for those of us too cheap to back it up with 18 Metal related one shots and 40 minis. Still on the fence with this one but not disappointed by any means.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by alton View Post
    I don't think the secret organization that she can call after leaving them for several yrs. and dutifully cleans up after her made a whole lot of sense. It kind of pulled me out of the story as not all that believable and we are talking comics here. Too Wildstorm era because who pays for all of this uber tech and how? Otherwise comic well paced although the ninja training,mummy wrap costume, and sound bubble weapon/power needs to be pulled together and explained in the context of this new story for those of us too cheap to back it up with 18 Metal related one shots and 40 minis. Still on the fence with this one but not disappointed by any means.
    I don't think it's much of a stretch. I assume that Leviathan, in its weakened state following Talia's temporary death at the end of Batman, Inc., eventually took on a life of its own. Leviathan is a criminal organization, and as such was able to survive in Talia's absence because continuing operations continues to be profitable for its members (leaderless organizations are not new concepts). Now with Talia being brought back to life and assuming the leadership role again, she finds out she doesn't have the same level of control she had before. With her back on the leadership role, I imagine that some leaders who enjoyed privileges during her absence might have vested interest to usurp her leadership, hence the emergence of a rebel Leviathan faction.

About how the organization was able to get acccess to "uber tech" weapons, Leviathan, as mentioned earlier, is a profitable crime organization and as such is bound to have multiple client-provider business relationships. I imagine they are all under contract, and they can't just severe their business relationship for the simple fact that it remains profitable for all parties.
    Last edited by Trilipush; 03-06-2018 at 07:25 AM.

Mighty Member

I don't think it's much of a stretch. I assume that Leviathan, in its weakened state following Talia's temporary death at the end of Batman, Inc., eventually took on a life of its own. Leviathan is a criminal organization, and as such was able to survive in Talia's absence because continuing operations continues to be profitable for its members (leaderless organizations are not new concepts). Now with Talia being brought back to life and assuming the leadership role again, she finds out she doesn't have the same level of control she had before. With her back on the leadership role, I imagine that some leaders who enjoyed privileges during her absence might have vested interest to usurp her leadership, hence the emergence of a rebel Leviathan faction.

About how the organization was able to get acccess to "uber tech" weapons, Leviathan, as mentioned earlier, is a profitable crime organization and as such is bound to have multiple client-provider business relationships. I imagine they are all under contract, and they can't just severe their business relationship for the simple fact that it remains profitable for all parties.
    What I'm talking about is the believability in how after breaking away how easy it was for her to call them up for cleanup. Considering the intervening years why would any rank and file member automatically respond to her call for assistance? Also the scope of the operation was a little over the top. I thought she was Kill Bill style on her own with the costume and weapons/powers but I guess what ever the premise I'm still on board because New Age Heroes is long overdue from DC and seems to getting traction from readers. How often does that happen?

Gah, I'm already pumped for next month. Started reviewing comics on youtube and did silencer #2 of course. Check it out if you like!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atSNL90bziM
    Current Pull List
    -Marvel 2-in-1 (The Thing and Human Torch)
    -The Silencer

Cool video ! A little rough over the edges yet, but it must be so hard to do one nonetheless, I can't help but support it ! Also, another piece from Bogdanovic twitter account : https://twitter.com/VikBogdanovic/st...52780038623233

I like how they’ve added this John Wick-like world to the DCU. Still not a fan of the visor on her helmet. It just looks like a baseball cap. Not a cool look for an assassin.

I found her costume a lot better in issue 2, but I'm glad that Bogdanovic seems to draw her without her helmet most of the time. I think that I would be cool with a design change sometimes later in the run, a la Kong Kenan in New Superman. And I know it's just impossible, but I would like a DCEU movie on her, since it would be easily doable and something unique to it

BANNED

So this was the first of the New Age Of Heroes books I decided to try and honestly it was the least I was looking forward to. But man was I wrong after reading the first 2 issues I can say i'm a fan of the character and the world we got introduced to. Also have to shout out John Romita Jr's art which i'm not the biggest fan of but works perfectly for this book. The mix of John Wick plus superpowers is a very cool concept and i'm looking forward to seeing what's in store for Honor in the coming issues. As someone who has stayed away from DC for awhile now I wanna highly recommend this series for anyone who wants to read something good you can jump right in to.

Quote Originally Posted by Raker616 View Post
    So this was the first of the New Age Of Heroes books I decided to try and honestly it was the least I was looking forward to. But man was I wrong after reading the first 2 issues I can say i'm a fan of the character and the world we got introduced to. Also have to shout out John Romita Jr's art which i'm not the biggest fan of but works perfectly for this book. The mix of John Wick plus superpowers is a very cool concept and i'm looking forward to seeing what's in store for Honor in the coming issues. As someone who has stayed away from DC for awhile now I wanna highly recommend this series for anyone who wants to read something good you can jump right in to.
    Welcome! So glad you enjoyed it!