Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    Hate Trinary already. Otherwise, this seems to be a great series. May Pull List it.
    Care to elaborate why you hate her?
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    That would be a good help against Cassandra but that would not block Jean either?
    Could be. Might be an effective way to up the tension in certain situations as telepathy can be a story breaking crutch if a writer isn't careful. Just look at how useful it was in this issue.

Usually writers get around this by incapacitating telepaths as long as needed to keep them from ending the story. It would be a refreshing change to have Jean and her friends not be able to fallback on psychics for fear of exposing themselves to Nova.

Nice issue. It's slowed down from the first one, but I think that's appropriate. Love the splash page with Jean seeing through the guy's mind and guiding the team. Love the Gabby moments too, I'm interested on her sexuality getting possibly explored.

Over all i liked this issue. I don't know how india has been portayed in the x-books but i find it weird that mutants are hated there and not considered gods or avatars of gods atleast. I mean you got stories of mishapen born babies in real life seen as god and heavenly gifts.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Nice issue. It's slowed down from the first one, but I think that's appropriate. Love the splash page with Jean seeing through the guy's mind and guiding the team. Love the Gabby moments too, I'm interested on her sexuality getting possibly explored.
    I loved how unreservedly Gabby said that out loud. Like "Yeah, that's there. Don't touch that please!"

Astonishing Member

Definitely an 8 out of 10 another solid issue my only complaint is that I really wish it wasn't a monthly but this being the only decent X book that we have it just makes the wait all the more longer lol

I can't even begin to express how refreshing it is to have Jean back in action and also taking charge! "He's got soms half-decent psychic blocks but nothing I can't handle at MY level." I love that line! Taylor is not downplaying jeans abilities and that's what it's really refreshing although he hasn't explicitly defined how powerful she really is without the Phoenix.

Jean putting an entire mob to sleep with her mind was awesome and then once she singled out the Nova Puppets ( that's what I'll be referring to them from now on) she quickly took them out of commision. And I love how worried Kurt was for Jean thats one of his oldest friends so out of everybody everybody has reaction makes the most sense.

Man I really can't wait for the entire team to be assembled and to see how well they are play off each other.
    Last edited by loke13; 03-07-2018 at 02:51 PM.

I enjoyed the issue! I like Trinary! I give the issue 8/10.

BANNED

It's nice to see Nightcrawler like this after years of being a mopey twat.

Loved it. And yes, seeing Nightcrawler like this is so refreshing.

Honey Badger is reminding me of Molly from the Runaways so I can work with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    Honey Badger is reminding me of Molly from the Runaways so I can work with that.
    but Molly was annoying...

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    OH OK got it. I would hope it isn't storm. Perhaps it's gambit as he will be joining the team later on. Maybe after freeing him from his corruption he joins the team.

I’m guessing you’re right. It would be an easy way to intro Gambit.

I don't think it's Gambit. Issue #3 solicit makes it seem like him joining and that are two separate things.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    but Molly was annoying...
    Heresy!

This issue was a bit weird for me. Trinary was imprisoned for fraud, which she did commit. Jean's team steals state-secrets, invades their country, and beats up guards to free her(couldn't Jean have just dropped them telepathically?), then when the Indians realize what's going on, they call in for backup(definitely within reason given Jean is a wanted fugitive worldwide and her team just invaded their country), and one of the those clones cuts his fingers off?

Sorry, not on board for that.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!