Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Sideways Appreciation

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...8/2018-02.html

Issue #1 sold 35,086... I guess it is true. New characters don't sell all that well in today's (dying) direct market.

For comparisons sake Damage #1 sold 37,001(#2 is at 27K) and Silencer sold 30,131 (#2 is at 21K). Safe to assume Sideways #2 will have a similar drop...
    Just curious here but for comparisons sake how do these numbers stack up against Catalyst Prime from Lion Forge? Hope all these titles survive because they meet all the criteria of the NuDC haters. Non Trinity characters without a boatload of continuity nonsense. All good books so far but they still don't seem to be bringing in new readers which could be the deathnell of print.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alton View Post
    Just curious here but for comparisons sake how do these numbers stack up against Catalyst Prime from Lion Forge? Hope all these titles survive because they meet all the criteria of the NuDC haters. Non Trinity characters without a boatload of continuity nonsense. All good books so far but they still don't seem to be bringing in new readers which could be the deathnell of print.
    Noble which is Catalyst Primes top seller of the month comes in at number 472 with 829.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Those are direct physical sales, right?
    I assume digital still aren't being tracked, or are they?

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    Those are direct physical sales, right?
    I assume digital still aren't being tracked, or are they?
    Those are copies sold to comic shops not necessarily actual sales to customers of those shops. And no digital sales aren't made available like the Diamond numbers are. The other thing to remember is that Lion Forge is a small comic company compared to DC or even Image. They likely have different criteria for sales than DC does.

I do wish more people were giving the Catalyst Prime Universe a try though. They've got quite a solid and very diverse line there and even the book I like the least is pretty solid compared to some big two titles.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 03-13-2018 at 11:23 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Mighty Member

Default Sideways Appreciation

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Those are copies sold to comic shops not necessarily actual sales to customers of those shops. And no digital sales aren't made available like the Diamond numbers are. The other thing to remember is that Lion Forge is a small comic company compared to DC or even Image. They likely have different criteria for sales than DC does.

I do wish more people were giving the Catalyst Prime Universe a try though. They've got quite a solid and very diverse line there and even the book I like the least is pretty solid compared to some big two titles.
    Wow I thought they were doing better than that! Will try to add their trades to my list. I see in the Previews catalog a couple of their titles have already come out in trade. Discussion for another thread however. All New Age DC have been great so far.

BANNED

Those issue 2 numbers for Damage and Silencer are depressing. I hope that DC will at least give them 12 issues before cancelling them. But i'do prefer if people started recommending the books for people to try. Maybe even buy multiple copies of possible and pass them to fans to try and get them hooked. We need to get the word out to people on the fence that these books are worth supporting.

Another enjoyable issue. Really leaves you wanting more, in a good way. Rocafort’s art is amazing as usual.

I would love to see Sideways run into Blue Beetle. The banter alone would be worth the price.

I'm surprised that issue 2 didn't produced more discussion. It was actually rather heavy in how it expands the DC Universe cosmic side, with Tempus Fulginaut clearly being more than what I thought he was. I also really liked Derek's relation with Ernie, and how his Mom is so worried about him, it was really moving. Killspeed also seems to be more than meet the eye, she struck me as more a villain by force than by choice and the Inverse coming into the world seems perfectly deadly.

I'm about to read this in a little bit, I'll post my thoughts later. But from what I'm hearing, its another solid issue.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raker616 View Post
    Those issue 2 numbers for Damage and Silencer are depressing. I hope that DC will at least give them 12 issues before cancelling them. But i'do prefer if people started recommending the books for people to try. Maybe even buy multiple copies of possible and pass them to fans to try and get them hooked. We need to get the word out to people on the fence that these books are worth supporting.
    Agreed.

Like those #2's Sideways was great. Set up a great Villain, we got some backstory, expounded on the main two relationships,set up the cosmic stuff, and got some great character work. This issue moved EVERYTHING along. Fantastic.

I’d love them to create a young “Black Cat” type character as an adversary/love interest for him.

So peoples, what do you think of Killspeed ? She doesn't really strike as a pure villain, more like someone who has lost it and need some help. Also, if you've read the sollicitation for June, who do you think will be the victim ?

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    So peoples, what do you think of Killspeed ? She doesn't really strike as a pure villain, more like someone who has lost it and need some help. Also, if you've read the sollicitation for June, who do you think will be the victim ?
    Maybe she’s the New Age of Heroes version of Quicksilver. Someone who starts out as a villain but will eventually become a hero.

Hum, yeah, I could ses her becoming someone like that. She seems to be mostly misguided from what we saw. her becoming a reluctant ally down the line could be great to develop Sideways' cast (which is especially important considering what the sollicitations are hinting at. Honestly, I'm really worried for Ernie and his Mom).
    Last edited by Korath; 03-24-2018 at 01:33 AM.

BANNED

Ok finally got to read the first 2 issues of Sideways. This was the book I was looking forward to the most from the new age of heroes. And i'my happy to say I loved it, Derek definitely has a young Spider-Man type vibe to him which being a Spidey fan is cool with me. I love his powers/suit, liked how they set up the supporting characters in his book like his mom and girlfriend which I immediately liked. The Fulginaut guy was interesting I hope he's not a villan but ends up as maybe a mentor type for Sideways. And last but not least the artwork on this book is amazing, the panels with Derek's mom crying got me choked up. I have not been this excited about a new book and character since Spider-Man 2099 debuted all those years ago. I really hope people find this book because it can be a sleeper hit for DC if pushed correctly.