View Poll Results: Do you believe Storm to be solely a weather manipulator?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes: she needs weather for her powers to work

64 57.14%
  • No: She percieves energy and her manipulation of this results in weather phenomenon

37 33.04%
  • I dont know.

11 9.82%
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

I think the quote that get me the most "No body wants to see a Full Goddess Storm...that would make her too powerful and boring"

My first thought, how do you know that? Jean went crazy with power and we got one of the best comicbook stories of all times out of it. Not saying I want Storm to go Jean's Dark Phoenix route but maybe something new with her abilities would be nice.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    My first thought, how do you know that? Jean went crazy with power and we got one of the best comicbook stories of all times out of it.
    And she died in that story, and it was later retconned she wasn't actually in the story at all. That should tell you something.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    And she died in that story, and it was later retconned she wasn't actually in the story at all. That should tell you something.
    Yeah, it was a great story that dealt with great power and sacrifice.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Son_Of_A_Goddess View Post
    Did you read the thread or just decide to come in and post some snark? It's not about something Storm did 20 years ago, it's about people misunderstanding her powers and that if she doesn't have weather she's powerless, which decades of canon have shown us is not the case at all.
    Yes I read the thread and this is the second time in a week that a topic has been made into a thread about Storm's powers. Ya'll have a place to discuss/argue about that already.

Do you read comic books? Because there are a LOT of instances where a character does something ONCE and never does it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    Kind of? The thread is more of a setup. It gives you a poll with some options, but if you choose the option that is different from the acolytes of goddess storm instead of just being a normal fan of hers you will be heckled. It’s more of a bait and switch than an actual thread for discussion.
    It's just argument bait plain and simple. They have this discussion all the time in the Storm thread and now want people who avoid the thread or avoid posting in it to make comments because they're apparently tired of arguing with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    No it's called the title I gave it for the reason I gave at the beginning. If you in fact had read it you wouldn't have to ask the silly question you asked. And 20 years ago? last i checked she was confirmed a goddess and defeated a universal threat not even a year ago. maybe I'm confused here but where are you getting your numbers?
    The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill is 20 years old this year and she's doing a tour to celebrate it. It was a huge success commercially and artistically, but she never released another album. Much like how Storm did something once and you're arguing that she should do it all the time to solve every problem.

The thread you started is redundant. Someone else started a thread last week asking if she could control the weather on other planets and ya'll have this same tired old conversation in the Storm thread all the time.

Characters do things once in a comic and it never happens again. It's unfortunate, but it happens most fans move on and just deal with it. The All-Goddess Acolytes want EVERYONE to remember EVERYTHING she's ever done even though marvel can't even keep continuity from one cancelled book to another within a year. It's ridiculous.

You're putting her on this pedestal and worshiping her like a real Goddess that can do anything and anyone who says anything different is wrong. The term "All Goddess Acolyte" isn't an insult it's an observation.

"it's cannon" really isn't a justification because there's a LOT that's cannon that gets ignored some for good some for bad.

You DONT need a separate thread to discuss this topic.
    Last edited by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost; 07-10-2018 at 08:26 AM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I think the quote that get me the most "No body wants to see a Full Goddess Storm...that would make her too powerful and boring"

My first thought, how do you know that? Jean went crazy with power and we got one of the best comicbook stories of all times out of it. Not saying I want Storm to go Jean's Dark Phoenix route but maybe something new with her abilities would be nice.
    exactly they dont know that.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Think they're talking about Lauryn Hill not releasing anything mainstream in 20 years. I think a lot of that has to do with how she has been received by the mainstream though. The mainstream mainly the "white gaze" do not like her activism. So she has been an outcast in a sea of celebrity musicians as she does not play ball with establishment record companies

They ruthlessly smeared here but she's still around
    I wasnt aware she was outcast due to activism.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Yes I read the thread and this is the second time in a week that a topic has been made into a thread about Storm's powers. Ya'll have a place to discuss/argue about that already.

Do you read comic books? Because there are a LOT of instances where a character does something ONCE and never does it again.

It's just argument bait plain and simple.

The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill is 20 years old this year and she's doing a tour to celebrate it. It was a huge success commercially and artistically, but she never released another album. Much like how Storm did something once and you're arguing that she should do it all the time to solve every problem.

The thread you started is redundant. Someone else started a thread last week asking if she could control the weather on other planets and ya'll have this same tired old conversation in the Storm thread all the time.

Characters do things once in a comic and it never happens again. It's unfortunate, but it happens most fans move on and just deal with it. The All-Goddess Acolytes want EVERYONE to remember EVERYTHING she's ever done even though marvel can't even keep continuity from one cancelled book to another within a year. It's ridiculous.

You're putting her on this pedestal and worshiping her like a real Goddess that can do anything and anyone who says anything different is wrong. The term "All Goddess Acolyte" isn't an insult it's an observation.

"it's cannon" really isn't a justification because there's a LOT that's cannon that gets ignored some for good some for bad.

You DONT need a separate thread to discuss this topic.
    why does it matter to you how many times a thread is created? are you going into the repetitive thread asking who is your favorite character and reminding them this conversation is asked like every month? the simple solution is simply dont go into the thread.

and I'm not going to go into a debate about what storm did. you are throwing out a random number and referencing goddees knows what when you say she has only done a feat once. Last time I checked every time she uses her power she is manipulating energy which is the topic of this op. But you would know that right because you read everything. It certainly doesnt sound like you read anything but came into a thread you think is redundant just to a make an observation that was never said in the op. how does that work?

and I'm just amazed. if you find such topics tired why are you here talking to me about tired discussions??? do you even see how ridiculous that is?

and how about this, real talk. since the conversation is tired and repetitive can you please keep your incorrect and invalid unsolicited observations relating to my behavior to yourself? you DON'T need to tell me your opinions about me or tired debates as you call them because I frankly DON'T care.

I say that with love. may the hadari yao be with you.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Energy manipulation doesn't make Storm too powerful for Storm to venture into the too powerful realm she would need a pure energy form or superman like resistance damage. It is interesting what people deem to strong just a point of reference Magneto shows up in team books just fine with no complaints from what I have observed and Magneto has feats that make Storm look tame imo. They are still stamina issue and physical issues(yeah a bullet or knife kills her) that make her in comic book sense have weakness. I don't understand the big deal about energy manipulation aspects of her power. If her powers is just "Weather control" that is pretty limiting considering how does one make weather indoors and other places. It is easy to see why her powers if that wasn't the original intent was change to work in that manner. I can't speak on zealousness of some people approach to talking to about Storm but the arguments of her being too powerful with a writer exploring the full extents of her energy manipulation I find silly. Comics is filled characters way more difficult to write while I have seen anything mention in thread that prevents a Storm scene from being written like this

Storm turns back, Person picks up brick, Person throw bricks and knocks out Storm

As long as that remain true Storm is fine. Now try doing that scene with Superman,Wonder Woman or Thor in place of Storm.
    qft excellent points!!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

From X-Men TAS: "Because I can control the weather, they call me Storm."

Call me a simple man, but I have no problem with Storm simply being a mutant who has mastery over the elements. I don't care about the whole goddess stuff and all that. Anything that's less complicated is ok by me... I used to chew crayons when I was a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    From X-Men TAS: "Because I can control the weather, they call me Storm."

Call me a simple man, but I have no problem with Storm simply being a mutant who has mastery over the elements. I don't care about the whole goddess stuff and all that. Anything that's less complicated is ok by me... I used to chew crayons when I was a kid.
    I think that is honestly the issue. people want it to be simple which makes sense. it's just not canonically consistent but I get it lol .

I love that scene from tas btw lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Energy manipulation doesn't make Storm too powerful for Storm to venture into the too powerful realm she would need a pure energy form or superman like resistance damage.
    All she would really need to do to get that damage resistance is manipulate the kinetic energy of attacks that hit her.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    There is nobody on this forum who thinks Storm should be written at her absolute best in every issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You my friend, brew the most excellent tea I have ever sipped. Can we compare notes some time?
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    You my friend, brew the most excellent tea I have ever sipped. Can we compare notes some time?
    Lol...that is some good tea.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    LOL....we sure can

BANNED

Storm should be written using her powers creatively on a regular basis and given at least 3 "goddess" feats a year. Also, to the erroneous claim about Storm only pulling a feat once, that is not the issue. The issue is she has a lot of very high level feats scattered throughout her canon that demonstrate the enormous power levels she wields. Storm fans are not making claims about her extreme power levels based on a mere single feat, but from taking into consideration all of her high end feats which are plenty. Some Storm fans try to appease other fan bases by trying place limits on her powers that canon has clearly shown her to exceed (while the other fanbases trying to bestow on their favorite characters power levels canon has not given them, might I add) whereas other Storm fans are more faithful to the canon and apply the PIS rule to instances where she is blatantly weakened. Besides, there is nothing one can say when her creator stated in plain English that he designed her to be the most powerful and most beautiful female character in all of comics. Heck, from the start, she was given power levels on a par with the Phoenix Force when it impersonated Jean Grey, and has the feats to back it up. Sometimes, Storm would be more powerful than Phoenix Force Jean Grey for a given story, while other times PFJG was written stronger than Ororo for whatever the writer wanted to do with that story arc. It was also stated on-panel point blank that Storm wields power at a near-infinite level.

While some fans have a problem with all of this where Storm is concernced, others of us are unapologetic Storm fans, and we will give those high end feats the full credit they deserve.

That said, again, I don't think Storm should be written at full power in every story (no high end character is going to be written like that, especially not when they are in a team setting), but again, she should be consistently portrayed as the most powerful member of the team, and her powers should be used creatively at all times. Finally, a few times a year, she should be given feats to show everyone why she is the ultimate powerhouse of the X.
    Last edited by rutog98; 07-10-2018 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Storm should be written using her powers creatively on a regular basis and given at least 3 "goddess" feats a year. Also, to the erroneous claim about Storm only pulling a feat once, that is not the issue. The issue is she has a lot of very high level feats scattered throughout her canon that demonstrate the enormous power levels she wields. Storm fans are not making claims about her extreme power levels based on a mere single feat, but from taking into consideration all of her high end feats which are plenty. Some Storm fans try to appease other fan bases by trying place limits on her powers that canon has clearly shown her to exceed whereas other Storm fans are more faithful to the canon and apply the PIS rule to instances where she is blatantly weakened. Besides, there is nothing one can say when her creator stated in plain English that he designed her to be the most powerful and most beautiful female character in all of comics. Heck, from the start, she was given power levels on a par with the Phoenix Force when it impersonated Jean Grey, and has the feats to back it up. Sometimes, Storm would be more powerful than Phoenix Force Jean Grey for a given story, while other times PFJG was written stronger than Ororo for whatever the writer wanted to do with that story arc. It was also stated on-panel point blank that Storm wields power at a near-infinite level.

While some fans have a problem with all of this where Storm is concernced, others of us are unapologetic Storm fans,
    and we will give those high end feats the full credit they deserve.

That said, again, I don't think Storm should be written at full power in every story (no high end character is going to be written like that, especially not when they are in a team setting), but again, she should be consistently portrayed as the most powerful member of the team, and her powers should be used creatively at all times. Finally, a few times a year, she should be given feats to show everyone how she is the ultimate powerhouse of the X.
    This post reeks of "you're not a real fan if you don't believe the same things I do". There is more than one way to be a fan and people can like the same character for different reasons. This sentiment kills potential new fans and is really toxic.
    I'm gonna kindly ask you to get over yourself.
    Last edited by Crimz; 07-10-2018 at 01:39 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!