Page 554 of 568 FirstFirst ... 54454504544550551552553554555556557558564 ... LastLast
Results 8,296 to 8,310 of 8518

I loved John and Vic’s interaction. It didn’t feel forced. They seemed like two characters who could become friends in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    It would be amazing if John bought Xanshi back to life, it would be the ULTIMATE redemption. But at the same time, I don't want to lose Fatality as an adversary.

Sidenote: If #4 is John and Vic centered. I might bawl my eyes out.
    Yep, it can't be any greater than that. But I see what you mean about Fatality. She always been a part of John's rogue gallery.

Speaking of her, I would love to see her in Scott Snyder's run. That would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I loved John and Vic’s interaction. It didn’t feel forced. They seemed like two characters who could become friends in the future.
    It was very natural. I didn't even think Scott Snyder would pair John and Vic together. He seems to be very fond of the John Stewart character and answering many John fans' wishes (like Van Jensen).

This is probably one of the best years for me as a John Stewart fan.

It's also nice to see Justice League #1 being the top in comic book sales, beating every title!

Extraordinary Member

I'm glad the GLC film will actually choose a younger John Stewart.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I cant wait to see Jim Lee's John Stewert Justice League cover. Ive loved everyone but Martian Manhunters one alot.
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I'm glad the GLC film will actually choose a younger John Stewart.
    I'm excited about it, too! I just hope they don't go with the Hal Jordan Parallax route. That would be so messed up for Hal Jordan and his fans. Hal Jordan was also intended to be more older than John Stewart in GL vol.3.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    I cant wait to see Jim Lee's John Stewert Justice League cover. Ive loved everyone but Martian Manhunters one alot.
    I haven't seen much John Stewart artwork from Jim Lee. So I'm really looking forward to see his variant artwork cover featuring John Stewart.

It's so nice to see John being promoted in one of DC's top selling books.

Kind of sad how some people downplays John Stewart's leadership and make it sound like it started from Robert Venditti, which is just completely false.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I'm excited about it, too! I just hope they don't go with the Hal Jordan Parallax route. That would be so messed up for Hal Jordan and his fans. Hal Jordan was also intended to be more older than John Stewart in GL vol.3.

I haven't seen much John Stewart artwork from Jim Lee. So I'm really looking forward to see his variant artwork cover featuring John Stewart.

It's so nice to see John being promoted in one of DC's top selling books.
    With Geoff having his hands on the film, I doubt Hal will be Parallax. With Geoff, I'm more worried about Hal being a dummy who longs for a bromance with Sinestro (the guy who ruined his life).

It's kinda crazy how John's youth was down-played once Starlin and Priest went grim-dark on him.

I'm interested to see Jim Lee's cover, too.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Kind of sad how some people downplays John Stewart's leadership and make it sound like it started from Robert Venditti, which is just completely false.
    Did you read that thread?

I thought it was pretty funny.

I actually laugh when folks speak ill towards my favorite characters. Perhaps I just have a morbid curiosity to see what they dislike about a character I enjoy.

Did you read that thread?

I thought it was pretty funny.

I actually laugh when folks speak ill towards my favorite characters. Perhaps I just have a morbid curiosity to see what they dislike about a character I enjoy.
    Ditto. It's funny to see that occur somewhere else other than here.

I still think I should've said something about appreciation threads not needing to be used to disparage other characters, but I guess I was too entertained by the exchange.
    Last edited by Johnny; 07-11-2018 at 08:18 AM.

Extraordinary Member

One thing that makes John a great leader is that as an architect, he is detailed oriented (like his constructs).

The other thing that makes John a great leader is that as a marine sniper, he knows all about war, and being efficient on the battlefield.

As stated in the Hal thread, Salaak is great with logistics, but he is more about numbers than individual situations and circumstances.

Also stated in the Hal thread, Kilowog is the trainer, but I doubt he has the patience to go over numbers, and the logistics of running the GLC.

John knows what it means to sit behind a desk, prepare for contingencies, and the everyday GLC agenda.

John knows what it means to be on the front lines, and look for the most efficient ways to resolve a conflict.

With John, you are getting the best of both worlds.

It was not a knock against Hal for not being a strategic planner. As a pilot, he makes split-second decisions in real time, and is more comfortable taking risks without involving others. Hal does not need to be weighed down with red tape. Bored called Hal the point man, and that made total sense. Making Hal the leader was actually a bad way to properly utilize his talents.

As others have stated, John displayed leadership qualities back in the 1980's, the Mosaic run, the Darkstars run, and even during Dwayne McDuffie's JLA run (without being the official leader). John was clearly a leader during the VJ run on GLC, in addition to mentoring new recruits on missions.

I prefer John not be the leader, but it did make sense for RV to make Stewart the leader of the GLC while the Guardians were unavailable.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Ditto. It's funny to see that occur somewhere else other than here.

I still think I should've said something about appreciation threads not needing to be used to disparage other characters, but I guess I was too entertained by the exchange.
    My take is, if I like a character, I don't give damn if the next person does not. It is weird when folks risk getting banned having heated discussions. If anything, I would rather read why someone does not like a character, just understand their POV.

It was cool that so many Hal fans had such positive things to say about John.

I maintain silence, and just read the stuff. I leave the regulating to the moderators.

I've been really hooked on Jim Lee's art as a whole recently, which makes me even more excited to see his Green Lantern cover.

With Geoff having his hands on the film, I doubt Hal will be Parallax. With Geoff, I'm more worried about Hal being a dummy who longs for a bromance with Sinestro (the guy who ruined his life).

It's kinda crazy how John's youth was down-played once Starlin and Priest went grim-dark on him.

I'm interested to see Jim Lee's cover, too.

At first, I thought they were gonna go the Parallax route as well, but then I got another idea. Maybe what they were/are still going to do is have Hal there as the veteran mentor for a while, and then give him a heroic sendoff a few movies down the line, leaving John as the main GL of the cinematic universe like in the DCAU.

Ultimate Member

My take is, if I like a character, I don't give damn if the next person does not. It is weird when folks risk getting banned having heated discussions. If anything, I would rather read why someone does not like a character, just understand their POV.

It was cool that so many Hal fans had such positive things to say about John.

I maintain silence, and just read the stuff. I leave the regulating to the moderators.
    As we learned with the Marvel backlash-many of the complainers do not READ the books. Especially those desperate for YOUTUBE hits.