Page 867 of 885 FirstFirst ... 367767817857863864865866867868869870871877 ... LastLast
Results 12,991 to 13,005 of 13267
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Agreed. Vuldarian Guy, and Parallax, past Hal, Spectre Hal was not a particularly smart series of creative decisions
    Don't forget Darkstar John, and later wheelchair John, lol.

All those 90's creative moves crashed and burned.

GL Rebirth 2005 was a blessing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I wish we could have gotten another solo Hal & Guy story. Those two alphas can be pretty entertaining, under the right circumstances.

Extraordinary Member

I've been enjoying Hal's cameos in Bendis' run but I hope he stops with "The Guardians wanted me to do this, the Guardians wanted me to do that". Bendis seems to like classic by-the-book Hal Jordan better than modern-day trust-your-gut Hal Jordan.

https://desu-usergeneratedcontent.xy...1292267372.jpg
    Should we call this version....Denny-Hal...after Denny O'Neal?

How about Denny-Lax?

I better quit while I'm ahead.

I've been enjoying Hal's cameos in Bendis' run but I hope he stops with "The Guardians wanted me to do this, the Guardians wanted me to do that". Bendis seems to like classic by-the-book Hal Jordan better than modern-day trust-your-gut Hal Jordan.

It's kind of interesting to think at this point which Earth GL would probably defer the quickest to the Guardians given how often the Earth GL's have balked or disregarded what the Guardians tell them to do.

I guess probably the "new kids" (Jessica and Simon).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's kind of interesting to think at this point which Earth GL would probably defer the quickest to the Guardians given how often the Earth GL's have balked or disregarded what the Guardians tell them to do.

send the squirel

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

If it's the new set of Guardians, probably Kyle. He's got more of a thing with Ganthet and Sayd, and traveled with the Templar Guardians. Kyle's also had enough power a couple of times (Ion and the Life Equation) to be on a god-like level and had to make tough decisions about his interests vs the best interests of the universe.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    It's not a contradiction to say that John had leadership experience, but that status quo was removed from home by editoral. They are two separate things. Besides, John's leadership ability wasn't the reason for him getting paralyzed. Despite the Controllers, John was always depicted as a strong leader, as he was to Mosaic community before that.

I am sorry, but the facts do not support your assertion that John Stewart becoming leader of the GLCorps came out of nowhere. Hell, John was even leading Englehart's Earth-based GLCorps by the end of the book.
    LOL. I have a question. If John is such a brilliant leader like you said, better than Hal, why he wasn’t nominated as the Corps leader right after the Guardians were gone? Why did Venditti have to bother letting Hal be the leader while defaming him first?

Incredible Member

I feel that he wrote Hal a little bit like Tony Stark… It could be just my misconception.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    LOL. I have a question. If John is such a brilliant leader like you said, better than Hal, why he wasn’t nominated as the Corps leader right after the Guardians were gone? Why did Venditti have to bother letting Hal be the leader while defaming him first?
    The Templar Guardians were fresh out of their chamber and not very up to date or experienced with the current Corps roster in general. They could have seen Hal's role in the final battle against the First Lantern and decided on that to promote Hal. John had just been tried and convicted for murder, even if it was a frame up by the previous Guardians to get him out of the way for the Third Army. The Templar Guardians were relatively naive (their absence from Corps operations was because they were doing a tour of the cosmos with Kyle to keep them out of trouble), and both they and the Corps were forced to pay for the sins of the Guardians of the Universe (the Durlans, the Psions etc).

John became leader after he led the Corps in the absence of any other willing leader, and led them through the events of Lost Army and Edge of Oblivion. He'd demonstrated his ability to lead, which was why he was the de facto leader once the Corps returned to normal space.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    The Templar Guardians were fresh out of their chamber and not very up to date or experienced with the current Corps roster in general. They could have seen Hal's role in the final battle against the First Lantern and decided on that to promote Hal. John had just been tried and convicted for murder, even if it was a frame up by the previous Guardians to get him out of the way for the Third Army. The Templar Guardians were relatively naive (their absence from Corps operations was because they were doing a tour of the cosmos with Kyle to keep them out of trouble), and both they and the Corps were forced to pay for the sins of the Guardians of the Universe (the Durlans, the Psions etc).

John became leader after he led the Corps in the absence of any other willing leader, and led them through the events of Lost Army and Edge of Oblivion. He'd demonstrated his ability to lead, which was why he was the de facto leader once the Corps returned to normal space.
    So you think if John didn’t kill his colleague he would have been the leader since the Guardians were gone, and Hal was just the Templar Guardians’ naive choice? … Thank you for giving me a laugh. I don’t have much to say then. Venditti did a good job defaming Hal.
    BTW, John was just the leading character of Lost Army, not the actual leader of the Corps, and he wasn’t even that in Edge of Oblivion, it was Guy.
    Last edited by HAN9000; 07-12-2018 at 04:33 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    So you think if John didn’t kill his colleague he would have been the leader since the Guardians were gone, and Hal was just the Templar Guardians’ naive choice? … Thank you for giving me a laugh. I don’t have much to say then. Venditti did a good job defaming Hal.
    BTW, John was just the leading character of Lost Army, not the actual leader of the Corps, and he wasn’t even that in Edge of Oblivion, it was Guy.
    I’m saying as far as character references go, being convicted for murder doesn’t help. The Templar Guardians had no experience in the kinds of politics or skills needed to run the Corps (they left that to the Guardians of the Universe) and weren’t in the best position to judge who could best lead the Corps. Hal had a major role in the fight against the First Lantern and almost immediately after the Sinestro Corps, while John didn’t have as flashy a role. Any issues with the writing aside, it is possible to read logic in the decision to have Hal lead the Corps.

BANNED

don't know where this is from, but if only hal made a construct much earlier, there would have been less collateral damage.

Spectacular Member AimToTheStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    Thanks for reminding me of Carol again I miss her so much(especially with Hal).
    ''There were other women, of course. But none of them mattered. Not like her. She was the one.'' -Hal Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    Kudos to you if you own this issue.
    Save Ferris...