Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    BANNED

Seems pointless, comics are about trademark maintenance

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Seems pointless, comics are about trademark maintenance
    Yea. Disney could care less about comic sales and the 100,000 or less people who still read them. Any profit they get from comics is chump change to them.

Quote Originally Posted by mburns View Post
    Yea. Disney could care less about comic sales and the 100,000 or less people who still read them. Any profit they get from comics is chump change to them.
    Every little helps. Just because the comics division of Marvel doesn't make as much of the films doesn't mean it can be ignored. I'm sure Disney own many companies that don't make the stupid amounts of money that an Avengers film does make. But $100million profit is nothing to ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Don't you think that Cable's inclusion on the Extraordinary team would've made for a more interesting relationship dynamic with teen Jean than Old Man Logan?
    Now that you mention it, that could've been pretty cool. And would've allowed Marvel to stick to their guns about keeping Logan dead. As it stands, using OML is kind of a cop out. Not that I'm complaining. I love the character.

But I really enjoyed the interaction between Cable and Jean when they were on an X-men team together briefly during Claremont's return to the X-men in the late 90s (the whole "Revolution" era), and her being a teenager at this point would've added a whole new dimension. So that is an interesting thought.

And Cable could've easily filled the OML role of protective, older veteran warrior guy. So, yeah, I guess I kind of agree with you there. Either way, though, I would be entertained as I love both characters. Guess I just like the grizzled vets.

BANNED

Maybe Old Man Logan and Cable could become lovers!

Don't you think that Cable's inclusion on the Extraordinary team would've made for a more interesting relationship dynamic with teen Jean than Old Man Logan?
    Well, yes, but for some reason, Marvel has never wanted Cable on a main Xmen team. I remember the days of the blue and gold teams; Cable was a member for like 30 seconds, and Poof! Off to form another team of mutant mercenaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Complexed View Post
    Maybe Old Man Logan and Cable could become lovers!
    Ummmm....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Barachiel View Post
    It wouldn't work, as I largely convinced it's what they WANT. Perlemutter wants the X-line to whither and die so he can strong arm the franchise back. Seriously, watch SFDebris History of Comics series, where it goes into all the crap going down behind the scenes in the 90s. This guy is a TOOL.

I've given up on Marvel completely not as a form of protest but simply because I don't want to support the comics anymore. Aside from a few exceptions, the comics are fraggin' terrible. I only have three comics left on my pull list, and they're all from IDW.
    To wither yes die no. He doesn't care about the movie rights. He is far too petty for that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Ummmm....
    I don't see why not, Marvel is pushing for the diversity angle at every chance they get.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Now that you mention it, that could've been pretty cool. And would've allowed Marvel to stick to their guns about keeping Logan dead. As it stands, using OML is kind of a cop out. Not that I'm complaining. I love the character.

But I really enjoyed the interaction between Cable and Jean when they were on an X-men team together briefly during Claremont's return to the X-men in the late 90s (the whole "Revolution" era), and her being a teenager at this point would've added a whole new dimension. So that is an interesting thought.

And Cable could've easily filled the OML role of protective, older veteran warrior guy. So, yeah, I guess I kind of agree with you there. Either way, though, I would be entertained as I love both characters. Guess I just like the grizzled vets.
    Additionally, I really enjoy the idea of having this mother/son dynamic but at extreme alternate ends of the age spectrum. It would make for some funny interactions with Cable referring to Jean as "Red" or "Mom" and Jean just being weirded out further by all this time travel/ future stuff.

I don't see why not, Marvel is pushing for the diversity angle at every chance they get.
    "Pushing". Heh. More like making things more accurate to the real world at large.
    Last edited by Fokken; 09-21-2015 at 09:00 AM.

Fantastic Member

I regret that I tell you that your boycott comes a little late, at the moment Marvel already has in his account at least half of the profits generated by the launch of their titles.

It's a good idea! They could really catch some potential gay readers by making OML & Cable their first mainstream bear couple! Brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    It's a good idea! They could really catch some potential gay readers by making OML & Cable their first mainstream bear couple! Brilliant!
    Marvel already had a bear couple in X-Treme X-Men a few years ago, which featured alternate reality versions of Wolverine and Hercules.

Fantastic Member

Additionally, I really enjoy the idea of having this mother/son dynamic but at extreme alternate ends of the age spectrum. It would make for some funny interactions with Cable referring to Jean as "Red" or "Mom" and Jean just being weirded out further by all this time travel/ future stuff.

"Pushing". Heh. More like making things more accurate to the real world at large.
    This just brings up again how sad/unfortunate it is that TPTB haven't played up some of the future kid stuff with the O5 Scott and Jean. Seeing them interact with Cable and Rachel would be great, but other than the one panel with Jean and Rachel (which was funny, but should have been expanded on later) there's been nothing.

And as for the diversity angle, I think there's good uses and bad uses. I feel like the Sam Wilson and Jane Foster angles are great. They're logical replacements to the point that while it obviously provides diversity it isn't about diversity, just good story. Amadeus Cho (a character I like) I'm a bit more concerned about simply because I think hulk is a fairly singular entity (numerous other hulks not-withstanding). For me at this point I'm less annoyed by diversity than I am by all the replacement characters. That can be fun when it's done well, but when it's just everyone it gets a little bland and boring. We've got a new Cap, Thor, Spider-man (sort of), Wolverine, Blade, Hulk, Nova (though he's been around a bit now), Wolverine again, Cyclops (now the only one), Star-Lord, and I swear I'm forgetting a few. I actually like legacy characters, but again too many at once is kind of boring.

Oh, and while I actually kind of like the new Avengers line-up, I'm a little concerned that the idea of a new hip, young lineup of Avengers that makes up for lack of experience and power with 'dedication' is pretty much the same idea they recently tried with the Ultimates, which ultimately crashed and burned. Fortunately(?) I'm sure marvel won't let that happen this time, and will simply show the woefully inexperienced and underpowered team regularly saving the universe and gaining the acclaim of everyone else about how they're living up to the name.
    Last edited by KaleRylan; 09-22-2015 at 01:32 AM.

the problem with a boycott. is that it needs a majority of the fans to do it. As well as it affecting Marvel profits in a very signficant way. Otherwise it's just wasted imo.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.