Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    ???

Huh?

(Are you drunk?)
    Nope. Just saying if he can't replicate his sucess, the narrative potentially changes here.

Disney has already proven they obvioisly are just fine without Gunn, not that this was ever really in question. But if Gunns next super hero movie flops, then letting him go becomes a much easier pill to swallow.

I almost think he would have done himself a favor by not doing a super hero movie right out of the gate. But work is work.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Nope. Just saying if he can't replicate his sucess, the narrative potentially changes here.

Disney has already proven they obvioisly are just fine without Gunn, not that this was ever really in question. But if Gunns next super hero movie flops, then letting him go becomes a much easier pill to swallow.

I almost think he would have done himself a favor by not doing a super hero movie right out of the gate. But work is work.
    What happens if Gunn makes a great movie? And if Guardians 3 ends up being another Thor: The Dark World (or never gets made at all)?

What happens if Gunn makes a great movie? And if Guardians 3 ends up being another Thor: The Dark World (or never gets made at all)?
    If he makes a great movie that ends up being well received and sucessful, then it ends up giving Disney the finger like I said. We'll see.

All I'm saying is because its DC, he's not starting off on neutral ground. The movie needs to win peoole over. But if he can pull if off more power to him.

From marvels end, again Im not worried about. They have yet to really deliver a bomb.

BANNED

If he makes a great movie that ends up being well received and sucessful, then it ends up giving Disney the finger like I said. We'll see.

All I'm saying is because its DC, he's not starting off on neutral ground. The movie needs to win peoole over. But if he can pull if off more power to him.

From marvels end, again Im not worried about. They have yet to really deliver a bomb.
    It's DC after Aquaman, Shazam!, Wonder Woman 2, and maybe Birds Of Prey. It may be more neutral ground by then than it currently is.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    It's DC after Aquaman, Shazam!, Wonder Woman 2, and maybe Birds Of Prey. It may be more neutral ground by then than it currently is.
    I think they need to knock it out of the park twice in a row to really dig themselves out of the hole they in. But Wonder Woman at least probably do fine, so its up to either Aquaman or Shazam to turn the tide.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blunt Guy View Post
    Anybody else get the feeling Disney will be writing Drax out of GOTG3 if Bautista keeps running his mouth? Or recasting Drax?
    He doesn't care. Bautista's original goal was to make enough money to set his family up for life. He achieved that about ten years ago. Now he just does whatever he wants. He's not going to Ride or Die for Marvel. Frankly, I find his loyalty to his friend, refreshing. More people should be this way.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    He doesn't care. Bautista's original goal was to make enough money to set his family up for life. He achieved that about ten years ago. Now he just does whatever he wants. He's not going to Ride or Die for Marvel. Frankly, I find his loyalty to his friend, refreshing. More people should be this way.
    Its probably for the best if they do write him off. He doesn't seems to want to be there, while there are probably dozens of other people who would give their right arm for any opening his deparure might create. I doubt marvel or Disney needs him, so its probably for the best.

Given the positive reception DC/WB have gotten for hiring Gunn, I'd say they're already starting on a good foot with this movie.

Whedon was essentially hired to do reshoots.
    He did more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    He did more than that.
    They tried to redo the whole movie with reshoots. It's not a wonder JL turned out to be such a mess.

Whedon bombing at Justice League in hindsight probably isn't tgat much of a surprise given the circumstances (though at the time I admitted was hopeful).

Him completely abandoning ship of Batgirl was a bit of a shocker though. Part of me can't help but wonder if he simply didnt want to work with the DC movies anymore.

They tried to redo the whole movie with reshoots. It's not a wonder JL turned out to be such a mess.
    Whedon's joke-cracking Batman was as off-putting as Snyder's Darky Dark Darkness Superman.

Best news all week! I liked the first Suicide Squad movie but this is really cool. Hopefully their villain will be a giant mouse trying to take over the world.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

He reshot existing footage that didn't require it. He re-purposed existing footage (like Aquaman's rescue of the boatman). He wrote and shot completely new scenes. He wrote insipid dialogue for Batman and rendered the toughest Bat we ever got a punchline. Then they recolored all the nighttime sky in the last act. It was a hot mess. They should've let Snyder/Terrio finish what they started. (It was "too scary" for children, so they say...lol.)

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    He reshot existing footage that didn't require it. He re-purposed existing footage (like Aquaman's rescue of the boatman). He wrote and shot completely new scenes. He wrote insipid dialogue for Batman and rendered the toughest Bat we ever got a punchline. Then they recolored all the nighttime sky in the last act. It was a hot mess. They should've let Snyder/Terrio finish what they started. (It was "too scary" for children, so they say...lol.)
    Batman v. Superman was still one of the worst movies I have ever seen. They should never have given him Justice League in the first place.